Football trivia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oi oi Yids,

so I was sitting in work today, testing my colleagues on football trivia, and thought I would bring it across to the forum. I looked briefly through it, and couldnt see anything, so started a thread. If i have missed, you can take scapel to my tits or something...anyway, just share some stats and trivia question I thought, Spurs or genral.

Obviously the idea is to not look it up to see if anyone knows, and only ask question syou know the answer to :) But who gives a fuck frankly... well I do, but hey ho.

I guess I should probably start:

Shit one to start, but complete the missing link: 1979= Sunderland; 1980= ?????; 1981= Villa.

What Premier League accolade does ex-Spurs keeper Eric Thorstvedt hold?

What PL accolade does Les Ferdinand hold as a Spurs player, garnering vs. Fulham in December 2001?

Now we go up a gear!

Milko Gaydarski and Petar Mihtarski are in the World Cup annals for what reason?

What ground is at the highest altitude in the UK?

Anymore for anymore?

@trickychurchill for me for more of this inane babbling shite.

Yeah Im a git for a bit of Sporcle. Yeah the first is easy, eases one in. The Les Ferdinand one is quite well known, but the rest are reasonably difficult unless you like me) are a trivia geek, the highest stadium one is quite well known.

I'd hoped my sporcle suggestion would deflect my lack of trivia knowledge! Haven't a fudging clue on all but the first.

Googled the Ferdinand one and remembered instantly the moment I saw the answer!

my friend does a football quiz every so often on a friday, i cant be sacked to include the picture round, and this was a very easy week

1. Which premiership club awarded Robert William Savage his first professional contract?

2. Name 6 players to have scored a premier league hatrick this season.

3. Who's club history is this? (Tough)
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1990–1997 Bayern Munich
185 (35)
1997–1999 Milan
39 (4)
1999–2000 Middlesbrough
29 (6)
2000–2001 Liverpool
16 (1)
2001–2004 Tottenham Hotspur
47 (7)
2004–2005 Borussia Mönchengladbach
13 (0)
Total 329 (53)

4. Name 5 players to have played for Man United in the 90's and have now gone on to become managers that at one stage have managed in the prem.?

5. Whos club history is this? (easy)
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1986–1989 West Ham United
72 (7)
1989–1995 Manchester United
206 (25)
1995–1997 Internazionale
54 (10)
1997–1999 Liverpool
65 (14)
1999–2002 Middlesbrough
93 (7)
2002–2006 Wolverhampton Wanderers
115 (10)
2006 Swindon Town
3 (0)
2007 Macclesfield Town
1 (0)
Total 609 (72)

6. What did Jamie Carragher do playing for Liverpool when an Woolwich Fan threw a coin at him?

7. Who did Chelsea sign from Man U in the summer of 2003 for £15m.

8. What do Patrick Berger and Kyle Poborsky have in common?

9. Who is currently the youngest manager in the Premier League ?

10. Which former Spurs and Woolwich midfielder warmed the bench for Shamrock rovers against spurs in the europa cup this season, and why did Woolwich sack him?

Manchester United
Rooney, Ba, Lampard, Dzeko, Aguero, Not sure on 6th? Is there?
Ziege
Steve Bruce, Brian Robson, Roy Keane, Paul Ince for a tiny bit? Mark Hughes!
Paul Ince
Throw it back
Veron
8. Don't know
Villas Boas
Ricketts, not sure why Woolwich sacked him off

Enjoyed that, know to much about United it seems :blink:

eggsoakley said:
Manchester United
Rooney, Ba, Lampard, Dzeko, Aguero, Not sure on 6th? Is there?
Ziege
Steve Bruce, Brian Robson, Roy Keane, Paul Ince for a tiny bit? Mark Hughes!
Paul Ince
Throw it back
Veron
8. Don't know
Villas Boas
Ricketts, not sure why a***nal sacked him off

Enjoyed that, know to much about United it seems :blink:

you got pretty much all right

the missing one for 2 is
andrew johnson
8 was a stupid one
both czech
stealing from first team dressing room

I have done a similar thing before, and would like to do it again, see what response we get. I can hear now the murmourings of discontent: "Who allowed this guy to write the famous TFC weekly quiz?" Well I will have you know I have written quizzes for Sporcle (none have which have ever published) BOOM! :nare:

It will just be a general football quiz, with some Spurs questions.

Ok here we go then:

1: Willem Korsten scored two goals the last time Spurs beat Manchester United in the Premier League, but who captained the team that day, also scoring the third Spurs goal?

2: Fill in the gap: _______, Morecambe, Exeter City, Torquay United, _______, AFC Wimbldeon.

3: Who holds the record for the most goals in a single FIFA World Cup, and how many did he score?

4: During a UEFA Cup match against which team did Martin Jol find out he would be sacked as Spurs manager?

5: Apart from Wembley, which other London-based stadium was used in the 1966 FIFA World Cup?

6: Who scored the winning goal in the 1988 FA Cup final?

7: Pedro Miguel Carreiro Resendes is better known as what prolific international goal scorer?

8: Which club saw their stadium brifly sponsored by Kit Kat?

9: Who was the first goalkeeper to be substituted in the Premier League?

10: Which team won the most recent Copa Libertadores?

This seemed the most relevant place to put a teaser I heard earlier - name the 11 players who have played for both Newcastle United and Spurs in the Premier League.

Just in the PL era?

:jenaswtf: , Bassong, Ginola, Woodgate, Ruel Fox, Les Ferdinand, Stephen Carr and :parker: spring to mind.

:gazza: and Waddle too, but that was pre Premier League.

And I'm still missing one (if pre-PL players count)

(There's also the Chris Houghton connection. Does that get a bonus point?)

Back
Top Bottom