From a Liverpool Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not come here to gloat about the result, I just wanted to say that the travelling Spurs fans who invaded my regular pre-match alehouse were absolutely exceptional company.

The pub I drink in is called The Valley on St. Domingo Road about a mile down the hill from Anfield. It never usually gets visiting fans in for precisely that reason, it's a pain in the arse walking up the hill after a few pre match scoops, most aways prefer the Arkles near the Anfield Road End.

Anyway, they all took the result on the chin, had a good laugh and I hope are still going strong now. The atmosphere before, during and after the game was superb and that's got a lot to do with the Spurs fans I encountered today. They were a credit to THFC.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and if you were in the Valley this afternoon, we'll see you next year.

Daniel.

In the end, one can see the importance of a world class player to any team.

Spurs sold Bale while Pool kept Suarez.

Quality over Quantity will always be the difference in this sport.

In the end, one can see the importance of a world class player to any team.

Spurs sold Bale while Pool kept Suarez.

Quality over Quantity will always be the difference in this sport.

Had they been offered what we got for Bale they'd have taken it and Suarez would have been off, and had we been offered what they were for Suarez we wouldn't have accepted it and Bale would still be a Spurs player.

You cant compare the two offers.

Had they been offered what we got for Bale they'd have taken it and Suarez would have been off, and had we been offered what they were for Suarez we wouldn't have accepted it and Bale would still be a Spurs player.

You cant compare the two offers.

Fair point for sure.

Too bad Bale wasn't so hungry on the pitch like Suarez was......

Thanks for comments, it makes a change from the lego chewing trolls, bashing away with their thumbs, who seem to infect this forum after any given North London Derby. (Unless we win of course).

I remember going up to Anfield in '95 when we knocked you lot out the cup. We played so well that day but the thing that stuck with me was the Kop staying till the end and applauding us off the pitch. Classy supporters.

Edit - And here's the goals -

Fair point for sure.

Too bad Bale wasn't so hungry on the pitch like Suarez was......

Funny when you think about it actually. Had Suarez not taken a bite from Ivanovic and Bale had done something as stupid the offers might have been reversed then this season the opposite could have happened. Funny how things turn out.... Well not funny painful but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom