Fucking Sky...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious said:
I understand why we're hated, doesn't bother me tbh.
Yeah same - it's actually rather enjoyable. Means that more teams and fans are up for games against us, rather than being someone like Fulham who don't really have an intense derby (not even with Chelsea).

I despise Chelsea much more than Woolwich. They are everything I hate about football and I would love for us to relegate them again.

I get the impression that we are hated from alot fans because even when we were shit, we turned up with 30,000 plus and supported our team with pride. They didnt understand what we could love about the club, and called us deluded, and living in the past.

I could never understand hating us for that.

sammyspurs said:
I get the impression that we are hated from alot fans because even when we were shit, we turned up with 30,000 plus and supported our team with pride. They didnt understand what we could love about the club, and called us deluded, and living in the past.

Mind you, that's what we say about scouse fans...

Don't forget that we have a "small team mentality." That is, supporting our club even if we go on a dry run and barely stave off relegation. The idea of supporting a club through thick and thin, through a dry run of barely staving off relegation, is completely alien to most football fans. They support "the big four" because they win things, and then when the stature of their club declines a la Liverpool and Woolwich, they start running for the exits.

We buck the trend, so they hate us.

ArtyB said:
sammyspurs said:

Mind you, that's what we say about scouse fans...

Nah...whatever they are, they were never as bad as we were late 90s....and I dont "hate" them for harping on about their history. Its the victim mentality and billy big bollox entitlement thing theyve got going on. Much worse, imo.

It depends who it is. I would think Chelsea fans hate us because historically we've been bigger than them, they've seen us in a similar situation to them on the pitch in terms of being equally shit but we had the past successes, and the bigger crowds. There's been loads of tear ups between our supporters, two of the dominant sets of fans in the capital, and also they are, to a man, racist, and so us being "dirty Jews" fuels their hatred. This is a fact I have seen proved true on countless occasions and it has taught me to despise chelsea.

Palace fans hate us because of jealousy and an illusion that all Spurs supporters are ignorant, clueless glory hunters who have never been to White Hart Lane. In my experience a lot of them feel very smug about their club's lowly status, as if they are all "real" fans and we are not. This from a club that struggles to reach 14000 at home games, when we would easily average 20 something thousand if we were in the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom