Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies and Dembéle's status will be a big factor here. Davies more so than Dembéle because we actually have cover for Moussa in Dier, Winks and Sissoko. Not as high quality cover as a 100% Dembéle. But we have cover on his position. Rose´s injury status makes Davies status more important to how we set up.

If Big Ben is healthy I'd predict the following lineup:

Hugo
Toby, Sanchez, Jan
Aurier, Dier, Sissoko/Winks, Davies
Eriksen, Son
Kane
Then walk in with a similar gameplan to the Dortmund game. Look to press, but be ready to go on the defensive and try to punish them on the counter. All in all we have nothing to lose here and the lads should be ready to put in a solid shift.

I would think Dembele and Davies will be ok for this one.

----------------------------Lloris-----------------------
---Alderweireld----Sanchez----Vertonghen--
Aurier------------Dier-----Sissoko-------Davies
-------------------------Dembele-----------------------
------------Eriksen---------------------Son-----------
----------------------------Kane-------------------------

That's what i would play. Pack the middle with 3 powerhouses and go physical.

Not sure if we will get away with playing 12 vs 11 but worth a try!

No Davies and Dembele from the sound of it. I assume we will go with a similar lineup to today, but I think a 442 would be interesting with Llorente in for Winks and Sissoko dropping next to Dier - never gonna happen though. Please no Tripper at LB.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Verts, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Really need dembele to be fit. Winks is still a bit inexperienced for this match imo and sissoko, despite his excellent start to the season, is just an accident waiting to happen at CM against madrid.

The last time we played them in the CL, Gomez was our keeper, and gave Ronaldo at least one gift that I can remember.
Going to be better this time I feel.
The Gomez gift was in the (second) home leg, I don't remember any howlers in Madrid

Our gift to them there was Crouchy losing his mind and Lennon losing his balls

Kane brace on the way.

22527989_1562361403840741_6339774466996458468_n.jpg

Games like this, against the elite teams, is what it’s all about. Have got butterflies already, but feeling cautiously optimistic.
I cannot stress enough how delighted I would be to take anything from this game, but as long as we leave it all on the pitch I will still be proud. The team has earned the right to play against the best of Europe & prove itself as one of the best.
These two games against Madrid will show us how far we have come, or how far away we are from the cream of the crop.
It’s truly an exciting time for spurs.

Games like this, against the elite teams, is what it’s all about. Have got butterflies already, but feeling cautiously optimistic.
I cannot stress enough how delighted I would be to take anything from this game, but as long as we leave it all on the pitch I will still be proud. The team has earned the right to play against the best of Europe & prove itself as one of the best.
These two games against Madrid will show us how far we have come, or how far away we are from the cream of the crop.
It’s truly an exciting time for spurs.
This is how I look at it as well. As long as we go out swinging and have a good game I will be content even if we don't scratch a point out of it. We have earned playing Champions League football at the Bernabeu. And we have done it the right way

If we manage to get anything out of this game with Dembele, Wanyama, Dele, Davies, Lamela and Rose all out then I would fucking spunk my pants. We have great squad depth!

I feel that the players are really up for this.
This is why we looked so cautious yesterday, they must have all had half an eye on this fixture, it's what they all want.

With that in mind 3-0 Madrid. ( or with my hopeful head on we might nick a draw if we play like we did against Dortmund)

They are a bunch of cheating, diving, card waving pussies but in amongst that they do play good football unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom