Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I said was he is progressing
what progress? What is he doing noticably better than when he scored that header against Brighton or his start against West Brom?

We're better off with any able bodies contributors, but we'd have been far better off with Eze, Bowen, or some other lesser known winger.

He doesn't deserve such a sympathetic attitude from us. He's not Harry Kane, he's a player who refused to train in his final season so he could force through a move. Now he comes back to all this fanfare, talk of a Bale, Son Kane front three being the deadliest attack in the league. Instead he's done fuck all and the attitude is "oh, give him time".

I find it a bit frustrating when we can be so harsh towards Dele, Winks, and in the recent past players like Aurier and Trippier. Mou keeps giving Bale chance after chance in the EL, but Dele would have done a far better job.

what progress? What is he doing noticably better than when he scored that header against Brighton or his start against West Brom?

We're better off with any able bodies contributors, but we'd have been far better off with Eze, Bowen, or some other lesser known winger.

He doesn't deserve such a sympathetic attitude from us. He's not Harry Kane, he's a player who refused to train in his final season so he could force through a move. Now he comes back to all this fanfare, talk of a Bale, Son Kane front three being the deadliest attack in the league. Instead he's done fuck all and the attitude is "oh, give him time".

I find it a bit frustrating when we can be so harsh towards Dele, Winks, and in the recent past players like Aurier and Trippier. Mou keeps giving Bale chance after chance in the EL, but Dele would have done a far better job.

Think his 3 Champions League wins, with him being the match winner in two of them buys him some credit.

He'll win us points this season, I have no doubt about it.

Now cheer yourself up by writing up your letter to Santa!

Ask yourself if Eze would have done more against Antwerp than Bale did. Or Benrahma.

I hope he comes good but without his massive status and connection to the club he would be getting a lot of abuse from fans now.

It may surprise you to read, but not everyone readily abuses their own players..

Your retort makes no sense.....

You said if it was any other player they'd be abused..... Sounds an awful lot like you're simply judging others by your own standards.
huh? what standards?

Is it not quite obvious the discourse around Bale is very different than all our other struggling players?

huh? what standards?

Is it not quite obvious the discourse around Bale is very different than all our other struggling players?
I know you only started supporting Spurs when Kane started playing, but before that, Bale used to play for us and he earned the status of being a club legend.

He's been mediocre so far, but he hadn't played football for a year before he joined us. I think reasonable fans will give him a bit more time to prove himself again.

huh? what standards?

Perhaps read back.... I don't think you understand the connotations of your own comments.

Once you do, my original reply will make perfect sense.

Take your time.... No rush.

Last edited:
I know you only started supporting Spurs when Kane started playing, but before that, Bale used to play for us and he earned the status of being a club legend.

He's been mediocre so far, but he hadn't played football for a year before he joined us. I think reasonable fans will give him a bit more time to prove himself again.
Yeah, and he's gonna live off those two great seasons 7 years ago without anyone saying anything, while a better player in Dele can't even get in the squad.

Let's not get twisted, he was a world class player for 2 seasons at Spurs, he wasn't and isn't a legend. At least until he can show up for this season.

By your criteria Walcott is a Southampton legend? He had a couple of good seasons before fucking off too, and now he's returned now that he's a spent "force".

Yeah, and he's gonna live off those two great seasons 7 years ago without anyone saying anything, while a better player in Dele can't even get in the squad.

Let's not get twisted, he was a world class player for 2 seasons at Spurs, he wasn't and isn't a legend. At least until he can show up for this season.

By your criteria Walcott is a Southampton legend? He had a couple of good seasons before fucking off too, and now he's returned now that he's a spent "force".
See a small part of mean has some sympathy for this position.

See a small part of mean has some sympathy for this position.
I just find it distateful how we're acting like such simps for a player who couldn't give less of a shit about Spurs.

He was a nightmare in his last season, as soon as an exit became a possibility. OK, fine he was a world class player, and maybe he can be decent again, but is he any different from someone like Payet or Coutinho? Would Liverpool fans call Coutinho a legend?

He should be held to the same standards as anyone else.

Wow comparing walcotts season in the championship to what Bale did for us

Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I just find it distateful how we're acting like such simps for a player who couldn't give less of a shit about Spurs.

He was a nightmare in his last season, as soon as an exit became a possibility. OK, fine he was a world class player, and maybe he can be decent again, but is he any different from someone like Payet or Coutinho? Would Liverpool fans call Coutinho a legend?

He should be held to the same standards as anyone else.
He’s like Kane. There were quite a few who wanted Kane sold / dropped etcetera when he had lost fitness and then...next week...Kane was back as he is now. Fitness comes and goes, class lasts forever. That’s why he’s given a pass by Jose - he has a far higher potential than Alli, Lucas, Winks...whoever you want to include. Jose is a past master (not quite Redknapp level, mind) of getting a tune out of older, better, players..

Give Bale a chance - it’s not like he’s taking up 90 minutes in the Prem week-in/ out like Dele, Eriksen and Winks were.

He has also looked a load better when playing with better players, which hasn’t happened much.

I swear some people forget that he's on loan. If it doesn't work out no harm done. Was worth a try. Still think he's gonna have a big part to play this season. Capable of producing magic in the big moments.

I swear some people forget that he's on loan. If it doesn't work out no harm done. Was worth a try. Still think he's gonna have a big part to play this season. Capable of producing magic in the big moments.
against teams that are looking to counter us, i think even bale as he is now will offer more than berg, lucas and lamela. that bit of class needed to unlock a team will come in hand a few times this season.

hopefully see some of it tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom