Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Bale has had a bit of a kick up the arse that he needs to show some desire and application, and we start him against Wolfsberger on Thursday, probably as a RW.

Its then up to Bale to show what he can do and whether his heart is really into playing for Spurs again - if he is, the opposition is there for the taking.

But if no desire shown in the first half, he gets subbed at HT.

Asked about Bale's lack of minutes, his agent, Jonathan Barnett, said: "He's towards the end of his career. Really, you have to ask Mourinho that."

Barnett added: "When they say, 'What's happened to him?' - he's won more trophies abroad than any British player in history."

"He's done very well financially, and he has enough money for the rest of his life. He has a very good lifestyle, so that is what has happened to him."

Asked about Bale's lack of minutes, his agent, Jonathan Barnett, said: "He's towards the end of his career. Really, you have to ask Mourinho that."

Barnett added: "When they say, 'What's happened to him?' - he's won more trophies abroad than any British player in history."

"He's done very well financially, and he has enough money for the rest of his life. He has a very good lifestyle, so that is what has happened to him."

Well that certainly clears everything up ...
:myword:

His agent is just admitting what we have all assumed. He is not at a high level anymore, he can’t pretend otherwise.

At Real he could pretend there was a personal vendetta against Bale coming from Zidane, there is nothing like that at Tottenham. All the conditions are right for him to show his quality. The player just hasn’t got much left in the tank after running his bollocks off for 8 years and winning 4 CLs. Not much else to say.

Geezers on 600 grand a week, seems to confirm just about every accusation thrown at him.

I know that's his agent speaking but not a good look is it. If thats what his agent is saying you can bet his own opinion isn't far off. Came here for a fuck about.

Bale should have offered more than he has and his contribution or lack of it was not missed in the earlier part of the season.

I suppose we can all question whether Mourinho should have found a starting place or a more prominent role coming off the bench for a bloke who has been so talented over the years.

But from a forum that is quite an easy thing to write.

I imagine Barnett is not best pleased that the gravy train is pulling into the sidings.
Gareth will give us something positive to remember this season.

Interestingly Bale made more tackles than any other Tottenham player during his time on the pitch.
His overall game was very good building on the impressive City cameo. He probably needs now to find some conistency perhaps he even earnt a start v West Ham..

Can't believe this is even a debate. He is one of the best players in the world. Ok, he has been sidelined due to cunty managers - but if he is given minutes he will be our star player for the rest of the season.
Some short fucken memories on here.

Can't believe this is even a debate. He is one of the best players in the world. Ok, he has been sidelined due to cunty managers - but if he is given minutes he will be our star player for the rest of the season.
Some short fucken memories on here.

He won’t offer the world best defensive protection and there goes the issue. I would play him and find away to fit him In the team.

Back
Top Bottom