Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe this is even a debate. He is one of the best players in the world. Ok, he has been sidelined due to cunty managers - but if he is given minutes he will be our star player for the rest of the season.
Some short fucken memories on here.
Come on. Sums up people nowadays. Its all someone elses fault. Nothing got to do with bale constantantly injured, disinterested, playing golf.
He hasnt been one of the best players in the world for a while now.
Saying all that hes looking like could have a big role to play now especially in europa league. Fingers crossed he can produce some more of the old magic

Interestingly Bale made more tackles than any other Tottenham player during his time on the pitch.
His overall game was very good building on the impressive City cameo. He probably needs now to find some conistency perhaps he even earnt a start v West Ham..
I remember watching him score that 30 yarder at Upton Park in a pub in Stratford years back; I spat my beer out all over the table before remembering I was the only Yid in the place! Hope he can replicate that on Sunday!

He won’t offer the world best defensive protection and there goes the issue. I would play him and find away to fit him In the team.
Neither does Messi or Ronaldo or Neymar or basically any great offensive player, especially once they get up there in age. Are we supposed to not pick him because he doesn't defend enough? He's 31, not sure why we brought him here if we want him to be a glorified wing-back?

We have to use him for his strengths and even on one leg he has more ability in the final 3rd than anyone in our squad bar Kane and Son.

I would start him against West Ham definitely.

Last edited:
-----------------lloris-----------------
-doherty---toby---tanganga---reggie
----sissoko--hojbjerg--ndom
---------------kane-----------------------
------------son------bale------------------

----------------lloris--------------
---doherty---toby--tanganga--reggie
---------hobjerg---ndom--------------
-------RW----bale-----son------------
----------------kane-------------------

lots of options to get him involved in a position he can be useful, i.e central

When his competition at this point is Lamela and Moura, I don't see why we don't consider it at least.

He certainly hasn't shown much but he has clearly been better than those two duds. When GLC is back then no need for him to play as GLC would be the better option obviously.
Disagree with you on this.

Which has been Bale's best game?

But the style he did it with mate, come on now.
Fucking laughable, don't play him wide as he can't run anymore so lets play him centrally where he doesn't have to run much.
Just about any other player would have been slaughtered for what he's served up but it's just not his fault it seems.
People think he's shown enough to play in a position he's never played before, beats me.

I don’t know mate. Playing wide right with that beautiful left where he cuts inside or crosses into our forwards... I like it. I think he should “roam”. His skills are still superb.

I am a Bale fan, so I likely am giving him more of the benefit of the doubt and credit for what he has shown in the past versus what he has shown now.

I also think Lamela and Moura are pretty terrible so wanting to see Bale in a CAM role has as much to do with us having no other good options with GLC out as it does with thinking he would be great there. I don't think it is likely to work out but with his football ability, even if at this point physically he is very limited could offer more than what we have seen from the other options.
Agree. Point blank, Bale is capable of magic at any time. Only Kane, Son, and Tanguy have that capability. He needs to play more.

Interestingly Bale made more tackles than any other Tottenham player during his time on the pitch.
His overall game was very good building on the impressive City cameo. He probably needs now to find some conistency perhaps he even earnt a start v West Ham..

Bale is the kind of genius that doesn’t need to run around all over the pitch to be effective. The all time greats are great because they have that instinct and don’t burn energy needlessly.

His talent oozes still. He stands out in terms of his raw abilities.

I'm still hopeful we can make the Bale situation work.

Maybe I'm just being naive , but he still has a lot to offer. I can understand there are variables behind the scenes, but to me if those issues ( fitness etc ) have been addressed, why not?

Someone will remind me of the game where we near half time, he took a free kick from range, it hit the bar and we tapped in a goal. He didn't come out for the second half. Being a confidence player, that was a shock to me.

Anyway, it was great to see a little of his quality today, albeit against poor oppo.

#COYS

Back
Top Bottom