Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale not scoring to make it 4 1 or 4 2 or whatever it was is a bit of a sliding doors moment for him, I feel.
Yeah I think you’re right on that. Imagine the different narrative if he’d come on and scored the goal that sealed the game for us at 4-2 and that would’ve been the headline, rather than Spurs blow 3-0 lead even though Bale came on. Might’ve got him off to a completely different start.

No excuses if he does start tomorrow.

He has to take it with both hands. Demand the ball, run at players, show some creativity. The game in the week should have given him all the confidence in the world.

I look forward to it - I'd love nothing more than a successful Son/Kane/Bale trio.

5 in 17 in all comps. Obviously nowhere near what we hoped but they aren't bad numbers, I still think he offers more cutting edge and creativity in the final third than any of our players bar Son and Kane. Needs to be more involved for the rest of the season.

Strong rumours coming out that Bale will be starting tomorrow and to right. Been waiting to see Son, Kane and Bale properly given a run of games for ages. Bergwijn has proven he isn’t good enough and Lucas is very inconsistent. Time to unleash Bale and give him starts in the Prem
“Unleash”: are you for real mate? The only leash on Bale is the one he owns and has made for himself- Bale is yesterday, and he doesn’t deserve a start.

Harry v Woolwich in two all draw at WHL, Sonny against Burnley last season.And plenty more besides.
I know we are all desperate for Bale to show his best form on a consistent basis but it is not a reason to besmirch the remarkable talents of Harry and Sonny.
Kane and Son can score great goals. But that type of goal not really.
I believe the 2 of them could score in that situation just in a different manner. Kane would probably fake a shot and then cut inside (like vs Barca when he sat down Pique), Son would probably do a quick stepover then shift it.

To do a cut behind (or Ronaldo chop whatever) at pace, and have the next touch be a shot with serious whippage... that's Bale.

“Unleash”: are you for real mate? The only leash on Bale is the one he owns and has made for himself- Bale is yesterday, and he doesn’t deserve a start.

yes I’m for real. Who would you pick then? Fatty boom boom Bergwijn? Who can’t assist or score in a brothel and has had numerous chances to impress, but failed to do anything. Bale scored midweek and looked sharp. He deserves a run of games.

Last edited:
yes I’m for real. Who would you pick then? Fatty boom boom Bergwijn? Who can’t assist or score in a brothel and has had numerous chances to impress, but failed to do anything. Bale scored midweek and looked sharp. He deserves a run of games.
He don't know who he'd pick. He doesn't support Spurs. In fact he's not even a resident of planet Earth.

I’d pick my grandad over that play as -and-when-he chooses Welsh mercenary cunt; sadly, that would mean digging the old boy up and flying him in from Jamaica.

There’s a reason the Spanish are sick of Gareth Bale and this appears to have been overlooked totally and absolutely by Levy and Co; we have on our hands a Prima donna that’s chilling out in his retirement while still raking it in- so we reap
what we sew ! :roseunsure:

Last edited:
He don't know who he'd pick. He doesn't support Spurs. In fact he's not even a resident of planet Earth.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have already voted for this user. If they receive a number of votes from other users before votes are reset, they will be sent off. :disdain:

Bale has been brilliant every game the team has been allowed to attack. Makes you think
Before he played well against a mid-table Austrian side every single person on this forum was saying it hasn't worked out with him and he's been a flop.

Let's wait and see with him, he's hardly been brilliant for us.

Before he played well against a mid-table Austrian side every single person on this forum was saying it hasn't worked out with him and he's been a flop.

Let's wait and see with him, he's hardly been brilliant for us.
That's certainly not what every single person on this forum was saying at all. A read through this thread should reveal that.

Its a text book case of cognitive dissonance. They literally refuse to acknowledge what they have seen. The blokes clapped out done and not even bothered about spoiling his legacy.
Possibly but I don’t think so. It’s like Giggs playing in midfield later in his career, still a good player just lacking the turbo

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have already voted for this user. If they receive a number of votes from other users before votes are reset, they will be sent off. :disdain:
Forgot he was on a yellow.
Guess soon there'll be no more TFC, whatsapp group, pot noodle & wank.
Just whatsapp group, pot noodle & wank.

Back
Top Bottom