Gareth Southgate?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gareth Southgate our man?

• yes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • no

Votes: 31 93.9%

• Total voters
Gareth fucking average Southgate?

giphy.gif

I don't want him, the point I'm making is that Levy would, for the reasons I just outlined.

I don't think Levy will.

More likely Howe if a Premier League manager or foreign and already won something if not.

Levy's preference for now will be to back Pochettino I would imagine.

No obvious replacement out there at present although I am convinced Maureen e o would take the job if offered.

I don't think Levy will.

More likely Howe if a Premier League manager or foreign and already won something if not.

Levy's preference for now will be to back Pochettino I would imagine.

No obvious replacement out there at present although I am convinced Maureen e o would take the job if offered.
Yeah Howe is a contender as well, he might go for the fat controller but I don't think he would last long , don't think Maureen would ever take the job.

Three pages of “no” and yet to read an explanation as to why. Like actual opinions on his style of play, man management, defensive issues, way he deals with pressure in games, tactical awareness, subs......

Just a load of people who don’t like English managers basically.....yet people fawning over Benitez because he won stuff in 1914 but not minding the fact Newcastle were the biggest eyesore in English football under him.

He is actually because.
  1. He won't complain about transfers.
  2. He won't cost too much money.
  3. He will do what Levy tells him.
  4. He will be eager to take the job, so prising him away won't be difficult.

5. Load of twats will start wearing waistcoats to home matches
6. Levy will sense an opportunity and start flogging Spurs branded waistcoats in the shop

Three pages of “no” and yet to read an explanation as to why. Like actual opinions on his style of play, man management, defensive issues, way he deals with pressure in games, tactical awareness, subs......

Just a load of people who don’t like English managers basically.....yet people fawning over Benitez because he won stuff in 1914 but not minding the fact Newcastle were the biggest eyesore in English football under him.
Just read all the pages real quick, I'm sure I did not see anybody fawning over Benitez.

I think this is one of the stupidest media rumours I've seen but, just for kicks, I'm going to try it on for size.

The plus side would be that he would have an instant rapport with Kane, Winks and Rose and, given the miracles he's worked with the England team, he seems to have a knack for player motivation.

The negative side is that his only club management experience is when he replaced Steve McLaren at Middlesborough and got them relegated three years later. Not sure if that makes him the man to lead us to Premier League glory.

It's a no from me. I think we will need another manager to win the Premier League but I don't think it's Gareth Southgate.

Good player - lots of bottle; done amazing things with the national side; brazenly outing the old and bringing in the new- yes I’d offload (want-away) Poch for a young vibrant and “English” Gareth Southgate this very day!

You seem to think that because it was some time ago it doesn't count but he was a bloody dreadful club manager sammy. Yes he was younger and may have improved but we don't really know do we as he's been in the International set up for quite a while. International and day to day club management are very different in my view, that's why Hoddle ( religious views aside ) was a good England manager but struggled in top class club management.
Not a risk worth taking in my view as i think there are better club managers out there if the position becomes vacant.

I’ve not read one actual point in three pages....

Apparently “noooooooooo” is an explanation

Tactically inept is the [preferred term ] of the tactically clueless. I suspect Gareth’s personality and his FA acceptability clouds the judgment of some but to overlook him as a contender is absurd!

You seem to think that because it was some time ago it doesn't count but he was a bloody dreadful club manager sammy. Yes he was younger and may have improved but we don't really know do we as he's been in the International set up for quite a while. International and day to day club management are very different in my view, that's why Hoddle ( religious views aside ) was a good England manager but struggled in top class club management.
Not a risk worth taking in my view as i think there are better club managers out there if the position becomes vacant.

But “Hoddle” isn’t a reason.
You say international football is different so not worth the risk.

I can say he’s learned at a different level and can bring something extra to domestic football.

Both hold the same weight, so I don’t know why people are writing him off. Of course he was crap at Boro....he didn’t even have badges when he started and was literally there for two seasons.

I haven’t seen one single worthwhile argument as to why it’s a definitive no, but I guarantee you if he was Croatian or something he’d be “worth a punt”

Back
Top Bottom