Gary Neville, Valencia manager...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to admit, I don't understand the hatred toward him, generally speaking.

As far as I'm concerned, I've always found him to be an interesting voice - I like his analysis in and after games (he points out things I wouldn't have noticed), I like that he laughs at himself, I've always found his views on the wider aspects of the game pertinent, albeit not going as far as I would have liked (but I can understand why that might be).

He's obviously got an overriding interest in United, and why ever not, just as Glenn has with us, but I don't find him blind about it - indeed quite the opposite. I enjoy his back and forth with Jamie Carragher whenever I see it.

So I I honestly don't see what people's beef is normally.

Here I do however, the accusations of hypocrisy seem pretty well founded.

Why does Simon Jordan hate Neville so much? Not disagreeing with him here but I swear there’s a video every week of him ripping into Neville
He doesn’t hate him , he actually praises him as a football pundit. I enjoy his punditry, he just constantly keeps bringing his politics into any topic he can, and makes himself sound like a hypocritical tit.

He doesn’t hate him , he actually praises him as a football pundit. I enjoy his punditry, he just constantly keeps bringing his politics into any topic he can, and makes himself sound like a hypocritical tit.

Like going off thread on here!

I searched Gary Neville into TalkSport on youtube and literally found 15 videos of Simon Jordan having a go at him. Its bizarre tbh.

I have to admit, I don't understand the hatred toward him, generally speaking.

As far as I'm concerned, I've always found him to be an interesting voice - I like his analysis in and after games (he points out things I wouldn't have noticed), I like that he laughs at himself, I've always found his views on the wider aspects of the game pertinent, albeit not going as far as I would have liked (but I can understand why that might be).

He's obviously got an overriding interest in United, and why ever not, just as Glenn has with us, but I don't find him blind about it - indeed quite the opposite. I enjoy his back and forth with Jamie Carragher whenever I see it.

So I I honestly don't see what people's beef is normally.

Here I do however, the accusations of hypocrisy seem pretty well founded.

He's similarly contradictory and hypocritical in his punditry too......

Probably the best pundit in the game. The most skilled at breaking down situations whilst still delivering the info in an entertaining way.

His bit on diving when Bale was accused of being a diver a few years ago was a masterclass. Also enjoyed his recent analysis on Trent and the specific things he needs to do to improve as a defender.

Beats most of the mundane generic bull**** Alan Shearer-esque punditry out there where you describe Messi as a "great player" and think you're a footballing Einstein.

And no, I'm not Phil Neville.

Probably the best pundit in the game. The most skilled at breaking down situations whilst still delivering the info in an entertaining way.

His bit on diving when Bale was accused of being a diver a few years ago was a masterclass. Also enjoyed his recent analysis on Trent and the specific things he needs to do to improve as a defender.

Beats most of the mundane generic bull**** Alan Shearer-esque punditry out there where you describe Messi as a "great player" and think you're a footballing Einstein.

You are not ruling out being Gary Neville or his mum I notice .

Are you Neville Neville ?

Joining Dragon's Den

Dragons' Den: Gary Neville to join BBC show as guest Dragon for 2024 series -
The ex-Manchester United and England right-back has a business portfolio that spans property, hospitality, education, media and sport.
Neville to join Dragons' Den for 2024 series
the guy who played a game, got paid a fortune and was well advised with his earnings, at a time when property prices were booming. Not really someone I call an entrepreneur. Try starting with fuck all and turning that into something. Or going bust and rebuilding a business. He has taken wealth, and used it to diversify and increase his wealth. Whilst he can be commended for not pissing, or gambling it away it's hardly a big achievement.

I used to not mind him but recently he's started to morph into David Icke... certainly not a man of the people as he often claims. Shame as I quite like Dragon's Den. Another thing football is about to ruin!

the guy who played a game, got paid a fortune and was well advised with his earnings, at a time when property prices were booming. Not really someone I call an entrepreneur. Try starting with fuck all and turning that into something. Or going bust and rebuilding a business. He has taken wealth, and used it to diversify and increase his wealth. Whilst he can be commended for not pissing, or gambling it away it's hardly a big achievement.

I used to not mind him but recently he's started to morph into David Icke... certainly not a man of the people as he often claims. Shame as I quite like Dragon's Den. Another thing football is about to ruin!
Mate Dragons Den really isn't about business the apprentice even less so. In this regard its hardly much of a departure.

Back
Top Bottom