Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
There's some serious gaslighting going on by the Tories here.

Forget that everything has gone to shit over the past 13 years directly due to our policies, look over there instead, there's some asylum seekers trying to get in to the country/

Still think Gary Lineker is a bit of a prick, mind.

Who has accused asylum seekers as being the cause of all our issues?

Might be a case of trying to hit a certain populus. Farage, Boris and co reference war and blitz spirit all the time. As does the media. Hell even football fans on tour with England bang on about nazis and German bombers.

Not saying he’s right by the way on the wording
Referencing the war and the blitz is not the same as this. Everyone does that. What people went through in concentration camps etc shouldn't be used as flippant one-upmanship by twats like him.

There's some serious gaslighting going on by the Tories here.

Forget that everything has gone to shit over the past 13 years directly due to our policies, look over there instead, there's some asylum seekers trying to get in to the country/

Still think Gary Lineker is a bit of a prick, mind.

Not everyone who is against illegal immigration and organised crime people traffickers are Tories.

Not everyone who is against illegal immigration and organised crime people traffickers are Tories.

But this shifts the media and public's attention away from the state of the NHS or the cost of living crisis, which is going to affect our lives more than some desperate people trying get into the country. The Tory Party want you to get angry about this one issue, and forget everything else.

To be fair I think a lot of them actually do.
One of the great myths that the extreme right try and peddle is that every asylum seeker in history seeks to come to our country :disdain:. When the reality is, compared to other countries of similar size / wealth such as France or Germany, we actually take in far fewer.

I don't know. But my guess is those that try to make our shores probably already have family, friends or some other connection that makes us a more attractive proposition

Sudan was also colonised by the British for half a century or so so their links are likely to be stronger with us. Just like fefugees fleeing war torn countries once colonised by the French, Dutch, Belgians etc have a natural tendency to migrate there

*refugees

Christ Mick, you can be such a tool sometimes.

Christ Mick, you can be such a tool sometimes.
Maybe it's you Roger - maybe your metrics for being a great person are a crock of shit. Have you ever considered that?

My opinion is based on breaking the laws of our country - having either the ignorance or arrogance to think they can break our laws and get away with it.

Stick to our rules, and you will be treated fairly - break them and cause us unnecessary shag and hassle and you get punished. Our jails are full of our own, so your sentence is to fuck off and make a life for yourself elsewhere, and then if you want to come back and try again, do it legally and get judged on your merits.

Tell me why people who break our laws get a free pass, food and lodging?

So if I'm a tool by your estimation for wanting to see people who break the laws of our country, when they aren't citizens - well then you are the one with a fucked up sense of values, in my estimation.

Fair play to him to comparing it to the Nazis??......an insult to those who suffered and died under this regime....
It's not really though Paul. He's comparing certain policies, or the language used in the statement, with those employed by Germany in the 30's, that's not insulting anyone who fought and died opposing the regime that enacted them.

Someone on here earlier, Ed Vanderlay if I remember correctly, said that it's a tool being used to fight for re-election, and having read the statement, I don't think Ed is wrong.

It reminds me of Trump and his targeting of illegal immigrants from Mexico with his "build a wall" comments. They are used to deflect from the issues in a country by focussing the anger of a population where the politicians want it. Stir up anger at another, it's not directed at you.

This was the rhetoric that was used by the Nazi party towards the Jews. He blamed them for all Germany's ills at a time where their economy was in the toilet.

Having read that Braverman has now admitted that the policy has a better than 50% chance of breaking Human rights laws (if she's admitted to that then it's a safe bet that the percentage is a lot higher), and that the UN are concerned about it as well, I'd have to say that I agree with Lineker here. I find him smarmy as well, but that doesn't make him wrong.

If the government is fully aware that they are violating Human rights, then comparing the policy to those employed by the Germans in the 30's isn't really that far off the mark is it? Knowingly violating Human rights is evil is it not?

It needs to be called out to be stamped out before it grows legs and goes too far. If they're allowed to violate Human rights here, how much further will they go knowing they'll likely get away with it, so long as they ensure they get the populace inflamed enough to support it?

We're already seeing them go on the offensive by trying to silence him. As I posted earlier, that is Fascism at its finest, silencing the dissenting voices.

I don't like Lineker, never have. However, my personal feelings towards him are irrelevant to this subject. I make him right.

You mentioned thr right mate, not ne. There's your predominant Brexit right there
I mentioned both the left and right as they are relevant to the topic of “ saint” lineker, and what the latest load of bollocks he has come out with.

“That’s your predominant brexit , right there “
Wtf ? Where lol
Brexit has got nothing to do with the topic at all. You’ve got it on the brain. Best go and have a lie down

I don't give a fuck
If I break the law by coming into Britain by crossing the channel in a boat, without permission to do so or valid paperwork to identify myself, then I'm fucking sure they are.

and if you are daft enough to believe that only asylum seekers are crossing this way , then I have got some shares in a nigerian diamond mine you might be interested in.
Let me get this right. You care about a law that isn't a law (proposed) but you don't give a fuck about a law that is passed as an actual law? Have I got this right? (you are aware of the origins of this law, why it exists, and why it was put into place? and that it was agreed unilaterally and with the UK Government as a key orchestrator?)

Mick, you said it's illegal to enter this country without paperwork, I've shown you this 100% isn't the case unless you aren't a refugee, asylum seeker, or migrant (definitions of which are clearly defined).

Are you against Asylum seekers? Y/N
Are you against refugees? Y/N
Are you against migrants? Y/N
Are you against people that don't fit the above category gaining entry without paperwork?

As an ex-military man do you deny people the right of asylum following their now persecution as a direct result of assisting the British (Allied) Armed Forces as informants against the regime it was being fought?

I'm not daft enough to believe only asylum seekers are crossing this way, why do you assume this of me? I am 100% certain that people are not of those 3 categories mentioned are also looking to get in. And here I expect a competent level of government to deal with it by going after the people smugglers that facilitate this. This government hasn't done this, they have failed miserably, to my knowledge only 40 people (according to the NCA's website) have been arrested in the past 3 years, and not a single conviction yet! (I've not researched this at all diligently l just did a google search so hold my hands up if there are different numbers, but at least the NCA should be a credible source. All that hat said this Government says it's a major problem, this same government that has allowed it to happen, only them to blame as they are the ones that have been in power for the past 13yrs).

What are you on about? So dull.
And running to admin to complain about what exactly?
Your complete lack of self awareness is astounding. Telling admin to educate me on how to behave when you have called me a "thick cunt" - do you not see how this makes no sense when you are incapable of behaving yourself?

You were the one who called me a “thick cunt” for which you have been foul voted for your aggressive and abusive attitude.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Let me get this right. You care about a law that isn't a law (proposed) but you don't give a fuck about a law that is passed as an actual law? Have I got this right? (you are aware of the origins of this law, why it exists, and why it was put into place? and that it was agreed unilaterally and with the UK Government as a key orchestrator?)

Mick, you said it's illegal to enter this country without paperwork, I've shown you this 100% isn't the case unless you aren't a refugee, asylum seeker, or migrant (definitions of which are clearly defined).

Are you against Asylum seekers? Y/N
Are you against refugees? Y/N
Are you against migrants? Y/N
Are you against people that don't fit the above category gaining entry without paperwork?

As an ex-military man do you deny people the right of asylum following their now persecution as a direct result of assisting the British (Allied) Armed Forces as informants against the regime it was being fought?

I'm not daft enough to believe only asylum seekers are crossing this way, why do you assume this of me? I am 100% certain that people are not of those 3 categories mentioned are also looking to get in. And here I expect a competent level of government to deal with it by going after the people smugglers that facilitate this. This government hasn't done this, they have failed miserably, to my knowledge only 40 people (according to the NCA's website) have been arrested in the past 3 years, and not a single conviction yet! (I've not researched this at all diligently l just did a google search so hold my hands up if there are different numbers, but at least the NCA should be a credible source. All that hat said this Government says it's a major problem, this same government that has allowed it to happen, only them to blame as they are the ones that have been in power for the past 13yrs).
I know for a fact that economic migrants cannot walk into this country without permission or paperwork (passport) - I personally know one who was rejected, and he had a British wife. (My B in L) and had filled in all of the relevant application paperwork in advance.
I know for a fact that to enter the country without travelling through a recognised port of entry or having passport is illegal, to do so is to break the law

Therefore everything else you have said is irrelevant.

It's not really though Paul. He's comparing certain policies, or the language used in the statement, with those employed by Germany in the 30's, that's not insulting anyone who fought and died opposing the regime that enacted them.

Someone on here earlier, Ed Vanderlay if I remember correctly, said that it's a tool being used to fight for re-election, and having read the statement, I don't think Ed is wrong.

It reminds me of Trump and his targeting of illegal immigrants from Mexico with his "build a wall" comments. They are used to deflect from the issues in a country by focussing the anger of a population where the politicians want it. Stir up anger at another, it's not directed at you.

This was the rhetoric that was used by the Nazi party towards the Jews. He blamed them for all Germany's ills at a time where their economy was in the toilet.

Having read that Braverman has now admitted that the policy has a better than 50% chance of breaking Human rights laws (if she's admitted to that then it's a safe bet that the percentage is a lot higher), and that the UN are concerned about it as well, I'd have to say that I agree with Lineker here. I find him smarmy as well, but that doesn't make him wrong.

If the government is fully aware that they are violating Human rights, then comparing the policy to those employed by the Germans in the 30's isn't really that far off the mark is it? Knowingly violating Human rights is evil is it not?

It needs to be called out to be stamped out before it grows legs and goes too far. If they're allowed to violate Human rights here, how much further will they go knowing they'll likely get away with it, so long as they ensure they get the populace inflamed enough to support it?

We're already seeing them go on the offensive by trying to silence him. As I posted earlier, that is Fascism at its finest, silencing the dissenting voices.

I don't like Lineker, never have. However, my personal feelings towards him are irrelevant to this subject. I make him right.
No - it is manifestly wrong to draw comparisons between the government of this country and that of a despicable regime like the Nazi's - end of story.

I have no issues about people who apply and are assessed on their application criteria, but people who knowingly break the law the second they step on the beach are not the people we want as migrants - of any sort.

Why don't they (the illegal ones in the boats) stop at France?
Many do. Apparently some 400k in France.
1.2m in Germany and 800k in Italy.
(unauthorized)

As I understand it there are differences of how some are counted, in the UK most of ours are here on temporary visas but temporary = being here for 5yrs (with that Visa expiring). Whereas in Italy and France, it's a year.

Maybe it's you Roger - maybe your metrics for being a great person are a crock of shit. Have you ever considered that?

My opinion is based on breaking the laws of our country - having either the ignorance or arrogance to think they can break our laws and get away with it.

Stick to our rules, and you will be treated fairly - break them and cause us unnecessary shag and hassle and you get punished. Our jails are full of our own, so your sentence is to fuck off and make a life for yourself elsewhere, and then if you want to come back and try again, do it legally and get judged on your merits.

Tell me why people who break our laws get a free pass, food and lodging?

So if I'm a tool by your estimation for wanting to see people who break the laws of our country, when they aren't citizens - well then you are the one with a fucked up sense of values, in my estimation.
No, you're a tool for not being able to admit it when you've made a small, human error. No need for the diatribe mate.

Any of you guys have a solution??

Back
Top Bottom