Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
"Nobody has been removed under the UK-Rwanda asylum partnership since the policy was announced."

which was the bit about the BBC report that you didn't get?
I didn't make up what I said, I just repeated what I heard

who do we trust?

Frankly, I don't care.

Put them in groups of nationalities and then tell them to stand next to a country queue of their choice and then ship them out.

Tell them they can re-apply in ten years, during which they can spend some time learning about our laws and regulations. If they then have passports and have filled in our application forms and been given a letter of consent, they can make arrangements to legally enter the country.

Next please.

which was the bit about the BBC report that you didn't get?
I didn't make up what I said, I just repeated what I heard

who do we trust?

Frankly, I don't care.

Put them in groups of nationalities and then tell them to stand next to a country queue of their choice and then ship them out.

Tell them they can re-apply in ten years, during which they can spend some time learning about our laws and regulations. If they then have passports and have filled in our application forms and been given a letter of consent, they can make arrangements to legally enter the country.

Next please.
Christ Mick, you can be such a tool sometimes.

Well about 85% have their claims accepted . The government have chosen to create a backlog , make it an issue of its costing 6 million per day . If we processed them efficiently many many would be working and paying taxes , rather than costing us money .

Also we are all talking about this rather than what a shambles this government is and how they have screwed up continuously. Immigration wars is all they have and people are falling for it

It‘s so transparent , create a war on immigration, offer very drastic right wing solutions, solutions that will not work . Blame the left for the failure of an unworkable policy , hope that the base fall for it

What else can the Tories fight an election on , they have nothing else

Just out of interest, what do Labour have, to fight an election on?

Fair play to him and others in media and sport for calling this stuff out, whether you agree or not.

I hate it when people say that politicians should be the only ones who comment on politics.
Would Lineker now be unable to say I’m an active member of the Labour Party , or Liberals or Greens and say it’s because he does not like the government.
He might be right about 1930’s Germany on more than one topic

Fair play to him and others in media and sport for calling this stuff out, whether you agree or not.

I hate it when people say that politicians should be the only ones who comment on politics.
It depends - is he well informed? Has he educated himself with a number of sources that gives him greater understanding or insight into the issue?

Or is he just throwing out a tweet because it makes him feel good about himself and he can show to the world how great a human being is?

Call me a cynic but I think a lot of celebs live in a bubble and are quite deatached from reality.. and very few have the brains to think for themselves deeply on these issues.

Another way to look at it is if a celebrity comes along and has a non-liberal, more right leaning viewpoint would you still encourage them to voice their opinion? Or is it just selective?

Last edited:
It depends - is he well informed? Has he educated himself with a number of sources that gives him greater understanding or insight into the issue?

Or is he just throwing out a tweet because it makes him feel good about himself and he can show to the world how great a human being is?

Call me a cynic but I think a lot of celebs live in a bubble and are quite deatached from reality.. and very few have the brains to think for themselves deeply on these issues.

Another way to look at it is if a celebrity comes along and has a non-liberal, more right leaning viewpoint would you still encourage them to voice their opinion? Or is it just selective?
I think you could say the same about all politicians. They don’t make informed decisions, they make decisions based on whose money they are taking!

I’m torn on your last question if I’m honest. Right leaning is totally different now to what it was, it’s more extreme and divisive - actually that’s probably both side to be fair

I think you could say the same about all politicians. They don’t make informed decisions, they make decisions based on whose money they are taking!

I’m torn on your last question if I’m honest. Right leaning is totally different now to what it was, it’s more extreme and divisive - actually that’s probably both side to be fair
Yes, fair point.

In many ways it shows how nuanced all these things are, I certainly agree with you about the politicians.

As with everything else, it depends on the content. From thereon, it's up to you to educate yourself on the subject to decide on whether you think the content has merit or not.

Celebrities aren't the only ones unable to think for themselves, or think deeply on a matter. It's very easy to denigrate an opinion if it comes from a privileged source, who knows how educated he is on the matter? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that, as he works within the BBC, he's able to source better information than we are. I'm not saying he has, but unless we are educated properly on a subject, be it this one or any other, we're not really in a position to call it out are we?

Debate what?

You've mugged yourself off by resorting to calling me a "cunt."
For someone who is supposedly liberal and left leaning you've shown up your own hypocrisy.

Another one who "cares" so much but spends most of his time riling up fellow supporters.
You care and are tolerant about things until someone disagrees with you then it's the typical abusive language or talk about "facts" and "debates" when there's no argument to be had.

Give it up mate, you've been done.
I called you a cunt because you were and are behaving like a cunt. Your post simply demonstrates this further. You have yet to make a single counter-opinion to mine in your now multiple posts to me. All you've done is attack me personally for having what I can assume is an opinion that you don't share with me.

If you want to go at me personally then I will respond to that in kind, it seems you are struggling with this and can't handle it just as much as you can't handle to debate what counter-opinion you might have to mine.

For the umpteenth time if you can't handle it put me on ignore, it seems by your multiple posts that you don't like me full stop, the ignore button will fix this for you, stop you from being so rattled and give you a better karma to your day.

I wasn't even in discussion with you and never have been, it was you that reacted to one of my posts but rather countering it with a rational argument you attacked me personally and you have continued to do so ever since with every single post. You shouldn't be on a public forum if you can't deal with the opinions of people that aren't the same as yours, feel free to disagree with the opinion, detail why and engage the other person without attacking them personally, and stick to the opinion.

And if you can't deal with someone responding in the same way you initiated your own engagement then run back to mummy and cry on her shoulder, you are way to insecure for this. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. It's as simple as that.

I've not disclosed my political bias, mainly because I don't have one. I don't support a single party but I am free to like or dislike any policy or person from any party or anyone else that's doing the same. In this case, I was agreeing with a single tweet made by Gary Lineker. Tomorrow he might say something I disagree with and I might respond with a comment disagreeing with that, that concept might just explode your tiny brain.

Admin Admin - Mate, please can you have a word with this cunt about how members of this forum are expected to behave. This is boring as fuck for me, so must be intolerable for others. The thread between us is all in black and white and quite self-explanatory. And no I will not apologise for calling someone a cunt when they are being a cunt.

There's some serious gaslighting going on by the Tories here.

Forget that everything has gone to shit over the past 13 years directly due to our policies, look over there instead, there's some asylum seekers trying to get in to the country/

Still think Gary Lineker is a bit of a prick, mind.

Fair play to him to comparing it to the Nazis??......an insult to those who suffered and died under this regime....
Might be a case of trying to hit a certain populus. Farage, Boris and co reference war and blitz spirit all the time. As does the media. Hell even football fans on tour with England bang on about nazis and German bombers.

Not saying he’s right by the way on the wording

I called you a cunt because you were and are behaving like a cunt. Your post simply demonstrates this further. You have yet to make a single counter-opinion to mine in your now multiple posts to me. All you've done is attack me personally for having what I can assume is an opinion that you don't share with me.

If you want to go at me personally then I will respond to that in kind, it seems you are struggling with this and can't handle it just as much as you can't handle to debate what counter-opinion you might have to mine.

For the umpteenth time if you can't handle it put me on ignore, it seems by your multiple posts that you don't like me full stop, the ignore button will fix this for you, stop you from being so rattled and give you a better karma to your day.

I wasn't even in discussion with you and never have been, it was you that reacted to one of my posts but rather countering it with a rational argument you attacked me personally and you have continued to do so ever since with every single post. You shouldn't be on a public forum if you can't deal with the opinions of people that aren't the same as yours, feel free to disagree with the opinion, detail why and engage the other person without attacking them personally, and stick to the opinion.

And if you can't deal with someone responding in the same way you initiated your own engagement then run back to mummy and cry on her shoulder, you are way to insecure for this. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. It's as simple as that.

I've not disclosed my political bias, mainly because I don't have one. I don't support a single party but I am free to like or dislike any policy or person from any party or anyone else that's doing the same. In this case, I was agreeing with a single tweet made by Gary Lineker. Tomorrow he might say something I disagree with and I might respond with a comment disagreeing with that, that concept might just explode your tiny brain.

Admin Admin - Mate, please can you have a word with this cunt about how members of this forum are expected to behave. This is boring as fuck for me, so must be intolerable for others. The thread between us is all in black and white and quite self-explanatory. And no I will not apologise for calling someone a cunt when they are being a cunt.
What are you on about? So dull.
And running to admin to complain about what exactly?
Your complete lack of self awareness is astounding. Telling admin to educate me on how to behave when you have called me a "thick cunt" - do you not see how this makes no sense when you are incapable of behaving yourself?

You were the one who called me a “thick cunt” for which you have been foul voted for your aggressive and abusive attitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom