Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
Va te faire fute, fils de pute!

shocked do not want GIF

culminating in his celebrations when we drew 2-2 with Chelsea to hand Leicester the title really grate.
It didn't hand Leicester the title. If we had beaten Chelsea and won our two remaining games after that, Leicester would still have won the league.

My dad took me to a charity cricket match in the summer of 92 where Lineker was on the line up. Took my #10 Hummel shirt, an autograph book, excited for what felt like an eternity leading up to the day.. only to get there and he cancelled last minute as he was flying to Japan to join Grampus Eight.

Not only did I not get to meet him, he also left my club. He was no longer my hero from that moment anyway.

Wanker
I thought you meant HE took your #10 hummel shirt and book!!! What a bastard!!

...also, HE cancelled on YOU at the last minute...
whilst yesterday, KANE cancelled on HIM at the last minute...
What goes around, comes around, eh?

I remember in our CL run to the final Cunty celebrating like fuck when he thought Shitty had knocked us out only for the goal to be chalked off and he was gutted with Andy Goldstein giving him shit

Classic but why would Cunty support Shitty over us?
Because he's a knuckle dragging Chelsea fan

Can't compare Cundy to Lineker, Cundy was bloody useless and has never liked Spurs, Lineker scored plenty for us and was a good player, he defo likes Spurs and has an affinity for us, he's just got a greater one for Leicester which is completely understandable.

I've heard stories about him being unpleasant to fans/youth players in his younger days but that seems to have changed as he's aged.

Quite enjoy MOTD top 10, they have some interesting stories to tell.

Peace, Love and Light.

Can't compare Cundy to Lineker, Cundy was bloody useless and has never liked Spurs, Lineker scored plenty for us and was a good player, he defo likes Spurs and has an affinity for us, he's just got a greater one for Leicester which is completely understandable.

I've heard stories about him being unpleasant to fans/youth players in his younger days but that seems to have changed as he's aged.

Quite enjoy MOTD top 10, they have some interesting stories to tell.

Peace, Love and Light.
Which makes you wonder why he ever put pen to paper to sign for us?!!! (Especially from his 'boyhood club')

I've met him and it was all good, he does a lot of work for charities which never gets reported and not many people know about. Genuinely a nice guy . Each to their own I guess
So have I - chatted to him a couple of times at an FA cup final, really pleasant and chatty, certainly not the person that some posters on here make him out to be.

I remember in our CL run to the final Cunty celebrating like fuck when he thought Shitty had knocked us out only for the goal to be chalked off and he was gutted with Andy Goldstein giving him shit

Classic but why would Cunty support Shitty over us?
Probably a bit bitter cos we sold the useless cunt to Ipswich when he was only 26

Always liked him for his goals for Spurs. As someone who isn't in touch with all this social media nonsense, why do we hate him now?
He is one of the main protagonists of keeping the ‘Spursy’ tag going by often using the term if we lose.
He doesn’t seem to have any affection for us as one of his former clubs despite us paying his wages for a number of years and giving him his only trophy in English football.
And then if you want to make comments outside of football (as Gary himself often does), he is a typical virtue signalling hypocritical celebrity type who for example slags all and sundry off for being selfish for not wearing a mask inside shops during covid and then is pictured in M & S buying quiche and tofu minus his mask.
I also seem to remember him challenging people to house refugees and saying that he was housing one himself which never materialised either
Not a nice man

Back
Top Bottom