Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Levy is doing loan deals because of the contract situations with Eriksen etc, doesn't want to be burned and also doesn't want to commit money outright for unproven talent.

Personally in this instance I think Levy is right, £43m for a player that has struggled to even get in the Benfica starting 11 is a huge risk, not sure why we have signed him tbh, we needed a DM and he isn't a DM imo.

However, I support any player that wears the shirt so I hope he proves me wrong and hits the ground running and if Jose wants him then I trust in his choice.

Think Levy is doing loan deals because of the contract situations with Eriksen etc, doesn't want to be burned and also doesn't want to commit money outright for unproven talent.

Personally in this instance I think Levy is right, £43m for a player that has struggled to even get in the Benfica starting 11 is a huge risk, not sure why we have signed him tbh, we needed a DM and he isn't a DM imo.

However, I support any player that wears the shirt so I hope he proves me wrong and hits the ground running and if Jose wants him then I trust in his choice.
I agree in this instance,it's a good deal.If he is superb,we sign him.If it doesn't work out,it's cost us 4 million. They pay that amount for school kids these days,don't they?

Can't believe i have spoken about 4 Million pounds like it was 30 bob?!...

New manager who prefers to play 442 with two holders.

Gedson is an 8.

Nothing more, nothing less. Wouldn't care much about his past or playing time at previous clubs, it means fuck all.
That's only half of it. He also performed poorly when given the opportunity.

This is a magnificent signing!! I can't believe my eyes! What a statement. A shitter who can't even get in the Benefica team since October. Oh joy. What a time to be alive!!!

This is truly ONE FOR THE FUTURE. Luckily we don't need any players NOW.

A happy day for all Spurs fans.

This is a magnificent signing!! I can't believe my eyes! What a statement. A shitter who can't even get in the Benefica team since October. Oh joy. What a time to be alive!!!

This is truly ONE FOR THE FUTURE. Luckily we don't need any players NOW.

A happy day for all Spurs fans.

Just out of curiosity, who would you have wanted us to sign?

He did have a metertarsal fracture, yeah.

But then forced into RM or LM as the manager plays 442 with two 6s and he's an 8.

Appears he doesn't even make the bench quite often, what exactly is this €43 million fee, is that his release clause or what? Strange those sums are being mentioned otherwise.

Bloody Levy, doing good deals. Eh, John Thomas John Thomas ?

tenor.gif

Just picking your brain mate, the deal seems very odd.

He's one of the most promising youngsters to come out of Portugal in the last decade. We haven't got £40,000,000+ to randomly spend in January and instead got him on loan as cheap as chips with potential to buy him if he succeeds.

Who actually cares?

If you'd seen him play, surely you'd have known the change in manager and formation is exactly why he isn't getting in the team...

Sissoko is not a better footballer than him at all. That'd absurd.

I've seen him play numerous times. He walks into our team at present.

I understand he's an 8 but also seen others say he's like Sissoko (and Mourhino says he's not a CM - so presumably only played him there due to no other alternatives)

Would you be kind enough to give us a brief description of him - both what he does well and what he does poorly (eg can he defend).

Who would you pair him with in CM (assume we have Ndombele, Winks, Dier, Skipp available), and who would you avoid pairing him with (and why ?)

Do you see him playing (like Winks has done, although an 8) as an 6/8 ? if we are not buying a DM ?

Back
Top Bottom