Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
I think the Gatusso thing is nonsense , leaked by Mendes. Why would tax reasons be the reason we walked from one Italian manager not be the same for him.

that said , Levy is a shambles of a chairman who is only interested in infrastructure. He’s building a sport / hotel complex over the football club
Fair point. It may be nonsense, but should it have even gotten this far?

I was a bit surprised when we sacked Poch, but Mou was appointed within 48 hours (IIRC) so Levy clearly had a plan in place. This time? I think he's completely lost.

I was a bit surprised when we sacked Poch, but Mou was appointed within 48 hours (IIRC) so Levy clearly had a plan in place. This time? I think he's completely lost.
Mourinho was in place within 12, those hours he was holed up in Spurs training complex.

Jose was a done deal long before Poch was sacked

It’s all utter chaos has been for a while now . I’ve thought for years that Levy is incredibly incompetent . It also looks like t one of the few things he did right ( stadium) is more about potential income than the footballing team

Mourinho was in place within 12, those hours he was holed up in Spurs training complex.

Jose was a done deal long before Poch was sacked
Thanks. That's kind of my point. The speed with which Mou was appointed (whether 12, 24, or 48 hours) clearly showed that Levy had a plan, if not (as you say) a deal, in place when he sacked Poch.

This time it's clear his plans are in shambles.

Thanks. That's kind of my point. The speed with which Mou was appointed (whether 12, 24, or 48 hours) clearly showed that Levy had a plan, if not (as you say) a deal, in place when he sacked Poch.

This time it's clear his plans are in shambles.

I think what bothers me is he seems to lack conviction in a strategy, we're on our third approach since Mourinho went.

And some of it seems to be driven by pandering to fans, rather than a real vision of what we need to do as a club, which bothers me greatly.

Im glad we have a DoF now, I just hope that we stick with it and start operating (functioning?!) properly again now. Long term vision, strategy, identity...

I think what bothers me is he seems to lack conviction in a strategy, we're on our third approach since Mourinho went.
This!!
And some of it seems to be driven by pandering to fans, rather than a real vision of what we need to do as a club, which bothers me greatly.
And this.
Im glad we have a DoF now, I just hope that we stick with it and start operating (functioning?!) properly again now. Long term vision, strategy, identity...
AND THIS!!

I think the Gatusso thing is nonsense , leaked by Mendes. Why would tax reasons be the reason we walked from one Italian manager not be the same for him.

that said , Levy is a shambles of a chairman who is only interested in infrastructure. He’s building a sport / hotel complex over the football club
Different tax rules for foreign managers?

Different tax rules for foreign managers?
I’ve no idea but you’d think that , if talks did go ahead that they’d have know about this from the off & it wouldn’t be a stumbling block .
It’s just hard to tell with Levy / ENIC as it always comes across as unorganized & spur of the moment reactionary decisions

I’ve no idea but you’d think that , if talks did go ahead that they’d have know about this from the off & it wouldn’t be a stumbling block .
It’s just hard to tell with Levy / ENIC as it always comes across as unorganized & spur of the moment reactionary decisions
Yeah what is the process here? It seems like the same kind of process I go through when I reach the till at the supermarket and decide I want a Yorkie because it's there.... no wait a Wispa...

Get the man away from any and all football related operations and let him focus on stadium projects alone. Naming rights, NFL games, concerts, whatever. Or sack him. Expeditiously.
Please get him away from naming rights as well.

Late-era Daniel Levy is really growing penny-wise, pound-foolish.

ROLL UP, ROLL UP...
clown laughing GIF by Team Coco
Pennywise The Clown Halloween GIF by 60 Second Docs
Figure Skating Lol GIF by Dancing on Ice
Fun Fair Circus GIF by Grande Dame

Last edited:
This puts the cart before the horse though.

The question of structure comes after the fundamental questions of 1. what are you trying to achieve? and 2. what resources are you going to dedicate to trying to achieve it?

Spurs have incongruity on both.

The club's ambitions don't match those of its supporters or the brand it fosters, and the club's resource allocation doesn't match even its own ambitions. Ralf Rangnick doesn't square that circle, the problems are upstream of any consideration like that.

And all of this stuff takes flesh-and-blood form in the Harry Kane situation. He is living proof that the club is running a con on its supporters.

If he had come to Juventus I would not have been happy so I'm not happy if he comes to Tottenham. He is a very good person (an example of righteousness) but as a coach he is not yet of a high level.

Back
Top Bottom