Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See what spending money can get you. Don't think any spurs fan wishes we kept the money instead so it could go towards the net spend CL.

I have seen enough to think this bloke is going to be a little bit special.
Can't wait for when he has truly settled in :)
One of the pluses from last night.

He's looking pretty settled already after a slightly injury ravaged few months at the start of his career.

He and Winks looked a great CM2, and doing well further up the pitch too - and that's where I think he'll play for much of this season as we are short of forward options - hopefully Ndombele fit enough to play in the CM2 for a minimum of 45 minutes per match.

He's looking pretty settled already after a slightly injury ravaged few months at the start of his career.

He and Winks looked a great CM2, and doing well further up the pitch too - and that's where I think he'll play for much of this season as we are short of forward options - hopefully Ndombele fit enough to play in the CM2 for a minimum of 45 minutes per match.
Yeah, that's wht i hope it will be Saturday.

See what spending money can get you. Don't think any spurs fan wishes we kept the money instead so it could go towards the net spend CL.

20 odd players brought into the club between 2015 and last summer - sadly only Sanchez, Sissoko and one or two others made any real impression on the first team, the rest like Janssen were a waste of money ultimately. Sadly

He's so reminiscent of Modric, it's eery.

Thought he was brilliant tonight. Excellent work rate, tried to make things happen all the time. His touch at times is just out of this world and I love how he uses his balance and low centre of gravity to shield himself from far more stronger players.

Agree, but Modric never went on a run like he did late in the first half, that gave every player about 10-15% more oxygen as they saw we were not completely suffocated...

Ndombele cannot play CM in a two. Just not fit or switched on enough to cover the defensive side of the position

At the moment or in general?

Id probably agree with now if we are basing it on fitness but he absolutely can.
He absolutely can. But not if he is expected to be the defensive one in the duo. He broke through in a midfield 2 at Lyon partnered with Tousart, with the latter being the DM.

Issue is all our midfielders from Winks to Ndombele to Gedson to Lo Celso would look better with a DM that can run. We don’t have one so the team is unbalanced.

Instead of Gedson we should have rather signed a DM

Short term certainly. I can see the benefit of Gedson, it’s clear he is the long term Sissoko box to box guy replacement. It just affects our team so much not have a good DM in place.

In the summer with Kane back I would prioritise DM even over a cover striker. We need both ideally then another CB at least.

20 odd players brought into the club between 2015 and last summer - sadly only Sanchez, Sissoko and one or two others made any real impression on the first team, the rest like Janssen were a waste of money ultimately. Sadly
Yep more mis-management from the top down sadly.

Back
Top Bottom