Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

oh yea, hes far from being fully match fit. even at 40% he shits on winks, sissko and dele

He is wonderfully talented player. He was arguably our best player last season, this season has been a total write off with injuries. If we can get a Lo Celso, Ndombele and PEH midfield working we have a very good centre.

lo-celso.jpg

Was pretty bad yesterday but idc.
His first proper game back from a 3 month injury and he still showed more composure than Winks/Sissoko did recently.

He was also trying to play mutliple positions. He was mainly wide right , would like to see him in the 3.

Was pretty bad yesterday but idc.
His first proper game back from a 3 month injury and he still showed more composure than Winks/Sissoko did recently.

He was also trying to play mutliple positions. He was mainly wide right , would like to see him in the 3.
I respectfully disagree, I think Lo Celso had a very good game yesterday. We played a bit in a 4-2-2-2, with Lo Celso and Lucas on the sides, behind Kane and Vinicius. Coming from the right, he had good exchanges with Ndombele and Hojbjerg in midfield - and also with Kane a bit further up the pitch. He was quick connecting counter-attacks too - one of them could have ended in a goal from Kane (Lucas assist was intercepted).

Lo Celso had one mistake without the ball, basically seconds before the substitution - it ended in Tanganga´s block, but the action happened on Lo Celso´s back. I think it´s natural, considering he gave everything he had before that - and also on Thursday.

I respectfully disagree, I think Lo Celso had a very good game yesterday. We played a bit in a 4-2-2-2, with Lo Celso and Lucas on the sides, behind Kane and Vinicius. Coming from the right, he had good exchanges with Ndombele and Hojbjerg in midfield - and also with Kane a bit further up the pitch. He was quick connecting counter-attacks too - one of them could have ended in a Kane´s goal (Lucas assist was intercepted).

Lo Celso had one mistake without the ball, basically seconds before being sub - it ended in Tanganga´s block, but the action happened on Lo Celso´s back. I think it´s natural, considering he gave everything he had before that - and also on Thursday.
I don't think it was his fault per say but there were many times in that game where there was no one on the right tracking back. There was one time I remember where him and Hojbjerg were just standing right next to each other and Targett got past them.

I thought he didn't play at his best , he did what you said but a fitter Gio does that and more. That's all. Pretty good performance for someone who just came back from injury i suppose.

whilst Lucas is targeted by the majority on here this guy gets away with doing nothing of note. Contributes next to nothing in an attacking sense and defensively. I guess the fact that he is left footed gives him a pass.

Added a lot of needed support to Ndombele in midfield. You could easily see the talent he has today and the potential we have with him and Ndombele in a MF, especially if we have a quality manager.

He’s a decent player has a bit of potential, deffo overrated. The second goal for Newcastle 50% his fault he didn’t follow the goal scorer into the box he just stopped playing. The other 50% was Sanchez

Why wouldn't it be?

He was good today, ridiculous that people are trying to pretend that he didn't.
Gio did plenty of decent things with the ball today and won it back 2/3 times. Also lost it quite a few times. Patchy but mostly decent individual performance.

I wouldn't be slating or praising him strongly for this performance.

Why wouldn't it be?

He was good today, ridiculous that people are trying to pretend that he didn't.
he was nowhere to be seen ? you said he added support to Ndombele? Newcastle cut through us with absolute ease. Count the amount of Hojbjerg last ditch tackles there were. if thats meant to be a good performance we are in massive trouble.

Gio did plenty of decent things with the ball today and won it back 2/3 times. Also lost it quite a few times. Patchy but mostly decent individual performance.

I wouldn't be slating or praising him strongly for this performance.
This is where I am on his performance today. Far from his best but not close to being our worst player.

He's played in like 3 matches since what, October?

Unfair to expect him to be at his best right now.

he was nowhere to be seen ? you said he added support to Ndombele? Newcastle cut through us with absolute ease. Count the amount of Hojbjerg last ditch tackles there were. if thats meant to be a good performance we are in massive trouble.

He was on the ball quite a bit, not sure what game you were watching.

One of the better players, although not saying much with today's performance, today and certainly not anyone people should be crying about.

But it seems like most that are have a predetermined agenda with him.

He was on the ball quite a bit, not sure what game you were watching.

One of the better players, although not saying much with today's performance, today and certainly not anyone people should be crying about.

But it seems like most that are have a predetermined agenda with him.
you have the nerve to talk about agendas????

This is where I am on his performance today. Far from his best but not close to being our worst player.

He made a few positive passes and a couple of good tackles. He was our most fouled player (?)
Dumb booking as usual and he faded.
Would rather we had never bought him but he is here now and if he stays fit maybe we can get a few performances out of him.

When last did he have a good game - serious question

2 seasons later I cannot recall 2-3 consecutive consistently good games in a row. I think he’s running out of time here

Back
Top Bottom