Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rarely see a player look more disinterested on the pitch. Bordering on the petulant.

Veliz was waiting... waiting... waiting for a decent through ball that never came.

Yea he looked like he didn't give much of a shit. Barely interacted with Son who was trying to congratulate him on the team win after the game. What kind of aloof douchebag doesn't smile and shake hands with their captain when the team wins? GLC does.

If I were Ange I'd be really careful giving minutes to someone with his attitude. He was anonymous on the pitch. Really disappointing performance- we're lucky it didn't bite us in the ass.

Yea he looked like he didn't give much of a shit. Barely interacted with Son who was trying to congratulate him on the team win after the game. What kind of aloof douchebag doesn't smile and shake hands with their captain when the team wins? GLC does.

If I were Ange I'd be really careful giving minutes to someone with his attitude. He was anonymous on the pitch. Really disappointing performance- we're lucky it didn't bite us in the ass.
Rock and a hard place with very little depth in creative midfield.

I would be infinitely happier if he was given the Dier treatment and put on the transfer list in January. Bring Devine into the fold and give the minutes to a hungry young academy product.

Competeley agree, this guy is a cunt that offers nothing, give opportunities to Donley instead.

halloween-ghost-silhouette.jpg

I'm really annoyed I lost my stream so I can't really comment on GLC tonight.
We absolutely need some cover for our first choice players.
We'd be totally fucked right now if we were competing in Europe also. Will need a significant strengthening during the next two windows if we want to compete on all fronts next season.

Never rated GLC but was oddly looking forward to seeing him last night and even thought he might have started for Biss. Another lacklustre performance and a missed opportunity to impress Ange.

I‘d honestly rather have N’Dombele on the bench than this waster.

Never rated GLC but was oddly looking forward to seeing him last night and even thought he might have started for Biss. Another lacklustre performance and a missed opportunity to impress Ange.

I‘d honestly rather have N’Dombele on the bench than this waster.

Why on earth would you think that??????

I think Ange used yesterday's game as the perfect opportunity to see what the likes of GLC, Richy and Skipp are made of...

The game wasn't the most taxing, but we still couldn't take liberties...

Richy starting, and coming off, said as much as GLC, Skipp, Johnson and Veliz starting on the bench, and coming on...

Ange is clearly prepared to give them an opportunity, but only in a situation (like last night) where we have a cushion of a few goals to protect, rather than having to chase a game a goal or two down...

I don't think he'd have brought on all 4 subs had we NEEDED a goal... as it was, he could afford the relative luxury of experimenting with the game (hopefully) already won... Coulda backfired, but didn't.

The only change that really came out of last night with any credit was PEH... did what was asked of him, to the best of his ability.

Jury's still out with Veliz & Johnson, purely due to lack of minutes... But unfortunately, Richie, Skipp & GLC did themselves no favours at all last night.

I think Ange used yesterday's game as the perfect opportunity to see what the likes of GLC, Richy and Skipp are made of...

The game wasn't the most taxing, but we still couldn't take liberties...

Richy starting, and coming off, said as much as GLC, Skipp, Johnson and Veliz starting on the bench, and coming on...

Ange is clearly prepared to give them an opportunity, but only in a situation (like last night) where we have a cushion of a few goals to protect, rather than having to chase a game a goal or two down...

I don't think he'd have brought on all 4 subs had we NEEDED a goal... as it was, he could afford the relative luxury of experimenting with the game (hopefully) already won... Coulda backfired, but didn't.

The only change that really came out of last night with any credit was PEH... did what was asked of him, to the best of his ability.

Jury's still out with Veliz & Johnson, purely due to lack of minutes... But unfortunately, Richie, Skipp & GLC did themselves no favours at all last night.

Richy did well enough.

Willing to bet Ange starts him again v Palace

He doesn't fit in the PL. He plays better in Laliga in a mid table team. Same goes for Gil.
IMO GLC could be a prem 10 but his mentality is destroyed, similar to Dier after being moved around too much and then suffering injuries along with sustained extremely poor man-management. GLC can play CM in Spain or Italy though too, but not in the Prem.

Gil I feel can very much be a Prem LW/RW, no problem. If Bernardo Silva can play CM (he does) then there is no reason Gil can't be a Prem winger.

IMO GLC could be a prem 10 but his mentality is destroyed, similar to Dier after being moved around too much and then suffering injuries along with sustained extremely poor man-management. GLC can play CM in Spain or Italy though too, but not in the Prem.

Such an excuse doesn't wash for Lo Celso......

Such an excuse doesn't wash for Lo Celso......
I dunno- why not? He never was cut out for being a prem CM, and then basically became dispirited immediately after Poch was canned. Lots of injuries, shit tactics, bad coaches- having enjoyable and successful seasons elsewhere- not sure why it's hard to see how he just sort of devolved into this distant, aloof, physically fragile being.

Back
Top Bottom