Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was mustard tonight, always looking forward, passing between the lines and around corners - he's got that great low centre of gravity which seems to help the ball stick to his feet too.

Reminds me of Bernado Silva at times, for some reason.

Said before we signed him that he could be our Bernardo Silva.

Mixes work rate with tenacity and can play a variety of positions. Once he starts adding those assists.... Watch out.

Lo Celso turning into the player we hoped we had signed - different type of player but the replacement for Eriksen at his best for us ?

Good work rate and technically good in the final third

Looking good

Played really well today. Stands out a mile as a genuinely skilful, inventive footballer.

Let’s get him alongside Ndombele / Fernandes and bring in a DM.

I just want to see the next generation of Spurs.

I know I’m getting carried away but I genuinely think he has the potential to be better than eriksen was for us in his prime.

The guy is always looking forward and always showing for the ball. With that knack for the killer pass but unlike eriksen he won’t be bullied and gets a foot in.

also seems to run for days, I really really like him.

I thought he looked excellent in the first half, went missing for 25-30 minutes in the 2nd half but when we needed someone to stand up at a nervy time he really came to life and helped us get over the line. Clever touches, a low centre of gravity, nice awareness of others and he wasn't afraid to stick his foot in whenever required.

Really like him but I don't know where best to utilise him as h doesn't see, to be blessed with assists. I think he should be tussling I think out with Lucas or Dele, those positions in the first XI or as a roaming CM but we can only do so if we get a genuine DM heavyweight in to help plug holes he may leave if dropped further back. Thought he linked up lovely with Aurier so I'm leaning towards a more attacking role. Proper Spurs player we have in him.

I thought he looked excellent in the first half, went missing for 25-30 minutes in the 2nd half but when we needed someone to stand up at a nervy time he really came to life and helped us get over the line. Clever touches, a low centre of gravity, nice awareness of others and he wasn't afraid to stick his foot in whenever required.

Really like him but I don't know where best to utilise him as h doesn't see, to be blessed with assists. I think he should be tussling I think out with Lucas or Dele, those positions in the first XI or as a roaming CM but we can only do so if we get a genuine DM heavyweight in to help plug holes he may leave if dropped further back. Thought he linked up lovely with Aurier so I'm leaning towards a more attacking role. Proper Spurs player we have in him.
I'm undecided between having him in a 2 man midfield vs. having him play on the right side as an attacking mid. I think my preference is the latter, especially given we have Ndombele. Ideally we get a real DM and have the DM and Ndombele as our CM 2. Then that frees up Gio to focus on breaking teams down and recovering the ball in dangerous areas. I like him to play the sort of role Dele does, where Dele will drop deeper at times to help us transition the ball up the pitch. Having Gio in that role means Dele can play even further up the pitch/closer to Kane where he's best. Then you have Son out wide on the left doing his thing.

Been good throughout the new year, I still feel he needs to go another 10 percent physically and the hype train needs to slow down but he's certainly talented.

A real shame we couldn't have got him in the 2018 window.

His vision of the game is one of the typical signs of a top top player

The key pass to Alli that lead to the second goal was pure art

Easily my favourite player in this moment... Whatever our performance may be, I know that he is on the pitch , the ball will come to him and something great will happen

I was especially impressed with how he won the ball back on several occasions, in particular the one that led to our first goal. Not that I want to dig out Eriksen, but if this guy is his replacement that was a tackle you wouldn't see him making.

Back
Top Bottom