Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ffs this is getting boring now. Happy to take risks playing pretty much anyone at RB over KWP, but when it comes to a midfielder to replace those out of form... no chance.

I still think this is Poch having a sook at Levy for bringing him in so late in the window to save a couple weeks wages.

I mean the guy is a professional footballer and has played 90 mins since 8 years old. It is Watford at home. Take him off if he looks tired.

You'd have to be a mug to sign for Spurs these days if you expect playing time. Benchwarmers and mercenary wage thieves need apply.

"Far away from the level they need to be"

The players starting ahead of them are getting battered by Brighton so if they're far away from that level we are fucked tbh.

Don’t say much about the training regime that this guy is still not fit to be involved at all this weekend, 2 months out of a 9 month loan. Can’t see this one ending well !
he had a hip injury and just reported back to 1 full training session and you expect him to be fit and in fine form to start against watford how reasonable are you.

he had a hip injury and just reported back to 1 full training session and you expect him to be fit and in fine form to start against watford how reasonable are you.

One full training session ? He’s a professional athlete. He’d be in the gym / pool / weight room daily, even if his hip hurts.

They don’t give the players a sick note and tell them to go home, knock one or two out over Holly Willoughby and eat Ben and Jerry’s ice cream for lunch every day.

That said, maybe his hip really hurt and I am being unreasonable in thinking he would be treated like a professional and not a wall flower and would not be rocking up to training last week looking like Chunk from the Goonies. Bless him ( But then he rocked up unfit in August. Why expect any difference now ? )

I wish I had not mentioned Holly Willoughby and Ben and Jerry’s in the same sentence now - I won’t sleep tonight with excitement.

One full training session ? He’s a professional athlete. He’d be in the gym / pool / weight room daily, even if his hip hurts.

They don’t give the players a sick note and tell them to go home, knock one or two out over Holly Willoughby and eat Ben and Jerry’s ice cream for lunch every day.

That said, maybe his hip really hurt and I am being unreasonable in thinking he would be treated like a professional and not a wall flower and would not be rocking up to training last week looking like Chunk from the Goonies. Bless him ( But then he rocked up unfit in August. Why expect any difference now ? )

I wish I had not mentioned Holly Willoughby and Ben and Jerry’s in the same sentence now - I won’t sleep tonight with excitement.

:ledleylick:

And not so suddenly, some people don't.

Still, stay chipper Sammy.
Just don’t see how anyone who thought he couldn’t play before the injury thinks he should now.

Apparently he needed a couple more nights out in the West End to see what London was, integrating him into the team while benching Eriksen was “impossible”

People thought I was being unreasonable when I said Lo Celso was going to get the Janssen treatment....

Know your manager

Let me teach you something i use to play professional tennis you dont just come off injury and expect to play at a high level it takes time worse football is a team sport how you expect him to start above other players who are fitter and at a higher playing level explain this to me.

Let me teach you something i use to play professional tennis you dont just come off injury and expect to play at a high level it takes time worse football is a team sport how you expect him to start above other players who are fitter and at a higher playing level explain this to me.

when did I write he should start ? I did not. I said be involved. BE INVOLVED.

Jerry, I'm your local Jamaican I'm going to have some mishaps with the English Language. I live in Jamaica and my girlfriend is English everyday she corrects me, I come here for peace don't be my sidechick please.
Bob Marley wore a Spurs shirt once

(my mums from Trinidad so I think I’m allowed “culturally appropriate” you under today’s bumbaclaart politically correct rule book)

"Far away from the level they need to be"

The players starting ahead of them are getting battered by Brighton so if they're far away from that level we are fucked tbh.
It's a bunch of bullshit.

He's way too precious about his method of integration; only to, eventually, bring them into a formation which saps them of their attributes, anyway.

Nonsense.

So, Lo Celso got 15 minutes against Red Star, got a bit of a knock and ran around energetically, showing a good deal of enthusiasm.

I think we need to see a bit more of this man.

Back
Top Bottom