Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The biggest talent i've ever seen in football, Maradona, only really used his right-foot for standing on. But that's genius, you can't really account for it.

I don't think the average player is going to be worse by improving their weaker foot so it does frustrate me when players are totally one-footed. Lamela would not have been a worse player if he could have used his right-foot. In short if you aint a genius, kick the fucking thing with both feet please.

This might not be true, but I did read once that Maradona scored more goals in his career with his head than he did with his right foot.

The biggest talent i've ever seen in football, Maradona, only really used his right-foot for standing on. But that's genius, you can't really account for it.

I don't think the average player is going to be worse by improving their weaker foot so it does frustrate me when players are totally one-footed. Lamela would not have been a worse player if he could have used his right-foot. In short if you aint a genius, kick the fucking thing with both feet please.

If you can do this with your left, why would you ever use your right. I miss Maradona....and Hoddle.

Exceptionally gifted, but had to battle with Hod and Ossie for a spot.
Garry Brooke was also a very decent player for us. Good with both feet and had an eye for a goal.
Was never the same player after the car crash.
We could have fielded literally an entire team of home grown players in the early 80's, that would have certainly finished in the top half of the table.

If you can do this with your left, why would you ever use your right. I miss Maradona....and Hoddle.

Lamela did this because he had absolutely no right foot at all. He tried a Rabona shot against some one that he put in to row z and was absolutely torn apart for doing it when we were losing and needed a goal. They all thought he was showboating. We knew better. He had nothing on this right so tried that to get him out of a sticky situation.

Back
Top Bottom