Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bradley any good?

:levyeyes:
Very skilful but like his brother not very quick. I marked him a couple of times at club level on a Sunday when he played for a team called Roma and then Romford Royals and whilst he had great feet that would gain him a yard it was fairly easy to outpace him. Anyway he disappeared a few years later because QPR had signed him. Where does the time go to though- he must be 52 now😢

That third game still to this day wrecks me along with Coventry.
That team going forward was so special. I also think Clive Allen was the most underrated striker of that time. His goals were brilliant. He scored all types and I used to nickname him C.Allen 2 because he loved a brace.
The Coventry game was a real killer. I think Clive had a chance early in the second half that hit Ogrizovic’s legs that would have made it 3-1 and would have been his 50th goal of the season and the rest as they say is history…

The Coventry game was a real killer. I think Clive had a chance early in the second half that hit Ogrizovic’s legs that would have made it 3-1 and would have been his 50th goal of the season and the rest as they say is history…

Yes I was gutted as we started so well and I remember saying to the wife something like it all depends on how many we can get to break a few records!

She’s Leeds so had a good day taking the piss!

There's no tv coverage of that game. Still think it's the greatest goal of his (viewed from the shelf), but not a volley, more like the Watford chip but from a much more acute angle (ie close to the goal line). Some thought it a fluke, but this was God we're talking about.
A strange time for us in the FA Cup back then.
Couldn't get past the 3rd round for love nor money.
Beaten by a last minute goal at Leicester in '74
Lost to 2nd Division Forest in '75 after a replay. (Cloughie's first games in charge for them)
Another last minute goal at Stoke in '76 - after another replay.
The Cardiff debacle in '77.
And after AET at Bolton in '78.
Not the 3rd round - but Derby in '73 was very painful.

A strange time for us in the FA Cup back then.
Couldn't get past the 3rd round for love nor money.
Beaten by a last minute goal at Leicester in '74
Lost to 2nd Division Forest in '75 after a replay. (Cloughie's first games in charge for them)
Another last minute goal at Stoke in '76 - after another replay.
The Cardiff debacle in '77.
And after AET at Bolton in '78.
Not the 3rd round - but Derby in '73 was very painful.

The Derby one in 73 was a bad day and there was a battle all the way back to the station

Went to all the other ones apart from Cardiff I think

Did SteveP get sent off in that one for kicking out in retaliation after he had just been kicked?

we went to Cardiff as group of us, "Dave the sailor " was home on leave, nearly got beat up by the cardiff boys and think we got soaked in rain in an out end ?
worst one was that Derby home FA cup, still feel the pain, after leading 3-1 to lose 5-3

The Derby one in 73 was a bad day and there was a battle all the way back to the station

Went to all the other ones apart from Cardiff I think

Did SteveP get sent off in that one for kicking out in retaliation after he had just been kicked?
Doesn't ring a bell. Remember him getting sent off against Real Madrid.
And unless I'm imagining it - pretty sure he also went at Watford in '83.

worst one was that Derby home FA cup, still feel the pain, after leading 3-1 to lose 5-3
That brings back memories. Went to the game with a mate, but couldn't get in, (attendance nearly 53,000).
We went back to a local pub and listened to it on a radio on the bar.

That brings back memories. Went to the game with a mate, but couldn't get in, (attendance nearly 53,000).
We went back to a local pub and listened to it on a radio on the bar.
Not the FA Cup, but if I had to pick one cup game back then that was even more painful then the Derby game, it has to be Chelscum in the League Cup semi final 2nd leg the season before

Great stuff from the master!
That's the weirdest thing to watch... I've only EVER seen that goal from the opposite side; from The Shelf on the day (blatant "I was there" comment) ...and from the East Stand gantry TV footage ever since!

... looks like he scored the best o.g EVER!!!

Back
Top Bottom