Good ol' Harry!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Welsh boss was also on about this Madrid/Barca shit after the Scotland game. Now Harry sees a chance to fuck with us a little more. The thing they forget about this Bale-business is that he already is playing for the greatest club in the world.

Much as I want to just say redknapp's being a cunt, in all honesty he doesn't have any affinity with Tottenham, so while there's no reason for him to say this stuff, there's no reason for him not to say it either.

Bale has clear ambitions to move to one of the Spanish giants and this doesn't make any difference to that. For those of you saying Redknapp is exaggerating Bale's talent, surely in the long run its better for us? He will go at some point, so hopefully we'll get the most money we can.

I mean I want Bale to stay obviously but at some point, he's gonna want to play elsewhere -judging from his own comments.

So Redknapp only signs old, crocked freebies, but he's apparently about to sign Bale to Barca, from his post as adviser at Bournmouth FC.

That man has some serious sway.

:harrylol:

tout (tout)
v. tout·ed, tout·ing, touts
v.intr.
1. To solicit customers, votes, or patronage, especially in a brazen way.
2. To obtain and deal in information on racehorses.
v.tr.
1. To solicit or importune: street vendors who were touting pedestrians.
2. Chiefly British To obtain or sell information on (a racehorse or stable) for the guidance of bettors.
3. To promote or praise energetically; publicize:

What is it with your loyalty to Redknapp anyway?

I know Sammy is known as a Redknapp acolyte, but isn't the point that redknapp's comments would make as much difference to Barca scouts as mine would? They're not going to read the Sun and slap a bid in.

I know Sammy is known as a Redknapp acolyte, but isn't the point that redknapp's comments would make as much difference to Barca scouts as mine would? They're not going to read the Sun and slap a bid in.
This would be the same Redknapp who is the media's darling? What business does he have saying our players should move?

Plus, even if he has no sway, surely this registers on the cunt scale, and not Sammy's "worship and the feet of Harry" meter?

isn't the point that redknapp's comments would make as much difference to Barca scouts as mine would? They're not going to read the Sun and slap a bid in.

Spot on. No defence of him whatsoever, I think its disrespectful what he said.

But as you point out, it wont make the slightest difference to anything.

Spot on. No defence of him whatsoever, I think its disrespectful what he said.

But as you point out, it wont make the slightest difference to anything.
What bollocks. If Redknapp came out tomorrow and said that Chelsea had just as good a history as Spurs you'd make an excuse for him and say it doesn't matter, but if someone else says it you turn internet warrior.

You're such a bullshitter. :roflmao: Like you've never offered a staunch defence of dear Harry. ;)

I think the more talk in media about Bale beeing to good for this club the more it will affect his focus and commitment. He's still young and enough media bullshit can probably affect him in a negative way. But I dont know, just speculating..

I do agree he's a cunt for saying it, but this is a man who repeatedly disparaged our own players and supporters while he was manager, a man who took credit for anything good and refused responsibility for anything bad. A man who tried to hold the club to ransom, threatening us with an impending collapse in the squad's ability to play if we didn't give him a nice fat contract, just two months after claiming the players didn't even know who the manager was.

In short, we already know he's a wanker. That's why I resisted the urge to make my contribution to this thread as short as "he's being a cunt".

I think realistically, he's saying something you'd expect any shit BBC pundit (tautology alert) with no ties to the club to say. I don't think it makes much difference to the likes of Barca.

Having said that I still think that if Bale is widely seen as world class it could only help to make his inevitable eventual sale a massively profitable one, if anything.

I think the more talk in media about Bale beeing to good for this club the more it will affect his focus and commitment. He's still young and enough media bullshit can probably affect him in a negative way. But I dont know, just speculating..

If Bale does a Modric, and wants to leave with five years left on his contract, then there is no one else to blame but Bale.

Just like Modric.

Redknapp's only talking about Bale to:

a) Keep his own name in the press - it was obvious this would make headlines
b) Remind everyone that he managed Bale - if Bale is great is has to be down to him, at least in part

If Bale does a Modric, and wants to leave with five years left on his contract, then there is no one else to blame but Bale.

Just like Modric.

Well yes its his choice. But if "experts" keep going on in media about him moving club you dont think it will fuck with his head and in the worst case affecting his performance while still in THFC? I cant see harrys statements accually making any difference in a possible move, but its not a good thing for us while Bale's still here..

Makes you wonder how if he's as good as Redknapp says he is he was part of a team that had a record of P9 W1 D3 L5 midway through last season.

Haven't read any more on this thread after reading the above stat .... Redshite should shut his cake hole & the old duffer should take up crown bowls.

The obvious difficulties with dribbling from his jowls onto said bowl may hold him back but if he can overcome this I feel he may indeed find his vocation and could even progress onto being taken seriously. If he doesnt & he keeps trying to make comments in the press about a game that he has no fookin clue about, I feel it doesnt bode well for him and he may end up cleaning the bogs at bournemouth fc.

Back
Top Bottom