Growing Pains

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. I take mental health issues very seriously and I have had episodes of mental fragility, as have a great many people, if they are prepared to admit this.

2. It is great that people now talk openly about mental illness and that the old stigma attached to it is fading.

3. I am very fond indeed of THFC and I am sad that the team is in the Doldrums with no obvious pathway out of there.

4. BUT, I don't let football impact my mental health. Lots of things get me down (I mean REALLY down), but for me footy is just a sport. It's beautiful thing, with drama, skill, humour, and all that, but Spurs being rubbish won't tip me into clinical depression. Other things can do that for me.

5. I realise that others may feel differently, and seeing the team fall to bits may push them down into the realm of the Black Dog. Crikey, I hope that nobody would ever take their own life because their team got done over by some scruffs from down the road.

Of course, losing a sense of proportion can be a facet of mental illness, and there are last straws that break backs, but is having a crappy football team really that bad?

Back
Top Bottom