Gutted

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so we're going to get less points and goals than under the 'dim-witted, clueless etc'

Gutted

But it will be 'free-flowing and pressing and organised' - marvellous -NOT

Why would you automatically assume we'll get less points and goals with Poch at the helm than with Tim? Because Saints did so? A squad that cost them about a 1/6th of ours?

Here's a deep one for you all- are we worse than united or is one year of Moyes worse than AVB/Tim's two differing bizarre philosophies and 7 with players?

Here's a deep one for you all- are we worse than united or is one year of Moyes worse than AVB/Tim's two differing bizarre philosophies and 7 with players?

I've maintained for three years now that Man U's squad wasn't up to their par and only degrading from then on sans significant changes. Moyes showed that without the Fergie factor, they no longer believed that they were the best and were left to have their flaws exposed. I'd say without doubt that we've had a better squad than them in that time except 2012/13, but that was only after some crippling losses from us without appropriate replacements.

It's interesting how we view ourselves (perhaps because most of London hates us and loudly shares it). We aren't a bad side - we do have some holes that need to be filled (that's what she said -yes yes). Some of the doom and gloom is bizarre. 7 new players were never going to Immediately settle- especially when there's a managerial change midway through their first season. The fact we finished 6th after last seasons mess- shows that our players are definitely better than a lot of people give them credit for.

PS my initial post wasn't a dig at united. Just heard about Malcolm Glazers passing.

For me, cards on the table; I've never been so excited by an appointment for a manager/coach, and I'm well into my 40s.
I'm not trying to convince any doubters they're wrong and I'm right; a lot of people won't be swayed from their opinions, if they're adamant. Plus, I'm no stat man, so can't be arsed to have a stat war with some jigsaw puzzle fanatic.
Gut feel, based on 5 year contract, style of play, respect from S'oton fans and players, neutrals and bloke in the pub.. this is our time!

Yeh boyeeee !

flavor-flav-glasses.jpg

It's interesting how we view ourselves (perhaps because most of London hates us and loudly shares it). We aren't a bad side - we do have some holes that need to be filled (that's what she said -yes yes). Some of the doom and gloom is bizarre. 7 new players were never going to Immediately settle- especially when there's a managerial change midway through their first season. The fact we finished 6th after last seasons mess- shows that our players are definitely better than a lot of people give them credit for.

PS my initial post wasn't a dig at united. Just heard about Malcolm Glazers passing.

I actually tend to view us a bit less than the majority, but I think even then we had a better squad than Man U this year. I made quite a few bets last summer that not only would they not make four this year but that we'd finish above them and quite a few people jumped on it, has been delightful making the rounds collecting the winnings :D

so we're going to get less points and goals than under the 'dim-witted, clueless etc'

Gutted

But it will be 'free-flowing and pressing and organised' - marvellous -NOT

Oh and according to the Poch lovers we should all get behind him, but it was okay to slag off Tim, AVB, Harry, Ramos, whoever - fandabedoozie or summat like that, apparently.

Greavesie what's all this!? So when Liverpool took Brendan Rodgers were they destined to finish same place as Swansea as it's the same manager?

I don't get it he didn't have half the resources at Southampton and got everyone playing at their best, which we haven't done so he is worth a punt, and I was the biggest de Boer fan on the forum

we could let them have Rose, to say sorry. Is Bentley off the books???
Southampton fans may have improved over the years, but having been there a few times in the 80s and spent a lot of the games getting pelted with sharpened coins then I find it difficult to feel anything like your level of sympathy.
They still whine about us taking Chivers off them and they are only too pleased to stick it to Spurs at every opportunity.
Good to see they have some likeable fans, but fuck it - this is the game, we get pillaged for talent, so do they.
Maybe Pompey will come up as they go down, then they can have something to let their anger out on.

Cant honestly say I have any personal connection or affinity with the club, I just like the fact they are producing their own talent and trying to produce good football - it should be applauded.

Some So'ton fan quoted in the Express saying “We should appoint a caretaker until Poch becomes available again in September,” :dawsonlol::walkercry:

+84 rep to a Southampton fan on one post, smdh. There used to be a forum over there.
And a largely 'strange' one suggesting the loss of a manager whose results were fairly mediocre all things considered is a far bigger loss to the club than players like Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain, Shearer and Hoddle. Fucking LOL. The guy has managed 2 bottom table clubs to little success and now he's the second coming of Jeezus? I want him more than anyone to be given time, do well and succeed here but this circle jerker is out of control.

One step at a time, please

Last edited:
And a largely 'strange' one suggesting the loss of a manager whose results were fairly mediocre all things considered is a far bigger loss to the club than players like Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain, Shearer and Hoddle. Fucking LOL. The guy has managed 2 bottom table clubs to little success and now he's the second coming of Jeezus? I want him more than anyone to be given time, do well and succeed here but this circle jerker is out of control.

One step at a time, please
so lets recap on your approach to managers at spurs.
Redknapp - you led an hysterical campaign against the guy and broke the world land speed posting record in posting anything and everything in an attempt to denigrate and ridicule him. Nothing was too asinine, fabricated or libelous for you to repeat, and short of organising an assault on the stadium with pitchforks and torches to have him hung drawn and quartered you couldn't have been more abusive.
AVB, (according to you) the guy WAS the second coming of Jesus. Nothing he did was wrong, you saw no flaws and he was deified on a daily basis. During his tenure your main policy was to resurrect your dislike of Redknapp on a daily basis, particularly as the shine went off AVBs star, as if shitting Redknapp more would take the heat off the golden child. Since his sacking Redknapp still takes incoming fire.
Sherwood. God could have taken over, played teams of naked women who won every game 5-0 and he would still have had you whining like a air raid siren because he had replaced AVB. You sucked on your comfort blanket of sniping at HR whilst shitting everything the apostate Sherwood achieved.
Pochettino. Just about everyone agrees he's not the number 1 choice, but all of the preferential candidates are taken or obscenely expensive. None of us can understand why DeBoer has been overlooked, but of whats available - this man looks to be a good punt, we all recognise he needs the support of everyone to make it work, the club, the staff and the FANS.
and you post that........... what a massive hypocrite you are.
Surely you can't be so stupid that you have no understanding or control over your posts, or have a massive memory loss about their content?

Last edited:
Hi Mensa and Cahspurs. I was 'less than sober' when I posted this, and that ole devil was advocating inside of me, so I must confess it doesn't have the usual logic that I hope my posts have. Therefore I won't try to defend it.

WHAT I will say, and I'm sober now :), is that I don't think MP will better 'the clueless, dim-witted' one's PPG or goals per Prem game next season. So if that prediction comes true, I await the same kind of verbal slaughter, sarcasm and abuse that rained on Sherwood, because that would be fair wouldn't it :)

For me, cards on the table; I've never been so excited by an appointment for a manager/coach, and I'm well into my 40s.
I'm not trying to convince any doubters they're wrong and I'm right; a lot of people won't be swayed from their opinions, if they're adamant. Plus, I'm no stat man, so can't be arsed to have a stat war with some jigsaw puzzle fanatic.
Gut feel, based on 5 year contract, style of play, respect from S'oton fans and players, neutrals and bloke in the pub.. this is our time!

Yeh boyeeee !

flavor-flav-glasses.jpg
Take care of that pace-maker!!

Surely you can't be so stupid that you have no understanding or control over your posts, or have a massive memory loss about their content?
No - but you clearly can, seeing that you've missed the entire point in my post. Everyone wants Poch to do well and be given the time others before him weren't - but I felt the OP was quite frankly OTT in his assessment of the man.

You keep quoting my posts looking to resurrect old fights over Redknapp and your undying love for the man just about every second day - stop ruining threads for others with this boring off-topic bullshit and PM if you want to discuss his Spurs tenure further

so lets recap on your approach to managers at spurs.
Redknapp - you led an hysterical campaign against the guy and broke the world land speed posting record in posting anything and everything in an attempt to denigrate and ridicule him. Nothing was too asinine, fabricated or libelous for you to repeat, and short of organising an assault on the stadium with pitchforks and torches to have him hung drawn and quartered you couldn't have been more abusive.
AVB, (according to you) the guy WAS the second coming of Jesus. Nothing he did was wrong, you saw no flaws and he was deified on a daily basis. During his tenure your main policy was to resurrect your dislike of Redknapp on a daily basis, particularly as the shine went off AVBs star, as if shitting Redknapp more would take the heat off the golden child. Since his sacking Redknapp still takes incoming fire.
Sherwood. God could have taken over, played teams of naked women who won every game 5-0 and he would still have had you whining like a air raid siren because he had replaced AVB. You sucked on your comfort blanket of sniping at HR whilst shitting everything the apostate Sherwood achieved.
Pochettino. Just about everyone agrees he's not the number 1 choice, but all of the preferential candidates are taken or obscenely expensive. None of us can understand why DeBoer has been overlooked, but of whats available - this man looks to be a good punt, we all recognise he needs the support of everyone to make it work, the club, the staff and the FANS.
and you post that........... what a massive hypocrite you are.

The problem is that this approach is not reserved for this particular poster. A frightening large amount of our support seems to see things that way and quite frankly it's pathetic.

No - but you clearly can, seeing that you've missed the entire point in my post. Everyone wants Poch to do well and be given the time others before him weren't - but I felt the OP was quite frankly OTT in his assessment of the man.

You keep quoting my posts looking to resurrect old fights over Redknapp and your undying love for the man just about every second day - stop ruining threads for others with this boring off-topic bullshit and PM if you want to discuss his Spurs tenure further
The point of your post was obvious. Your attitude will come out as the games roll by.
I have no love for Redknapp you dick, my only defense of the guy was to continually point out the lies and shite that people like you posted about him. I don't support managers, I just support the club and the team.
If you stop airing your hypocrisy, I'll stop pointing it out. You are in no position to warn posters against their unreasonable expectations of new managers - thats what makes you the hypocrite. I point it out by repeating your behaviour, blaming me for exhibiting your pattern of conduct is no defence, just the act of a desperate man.

Hi Mensa and Cahspurs. I was 'less than sober' when I posted this, and that ole devil was advocating inside of me, so I must confess it doesn't have the usual logic that I hope my posts have. Therefore I won't try to defend it.

WHAT I will say, and I'm sober now :), is that I don't think MP will better 'the clueless, dim-witted' one's PPG or goals per Prem game next season. So if that prediction comes true, I await the same kind of verbal slaughter, sarcasm and abuse that rained on Sherwood, because that would be fair wouldn't it :)
is this on the "two wrongs make a right" principle
How about everyone puts a stop to this continual carping and sniping, based on imagined failings, dress sense or childhood allegiances - and just concentrates on discussing what we see on the pitch?

Back
Top Bottom