Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has there been any confirmation it's Gylfi? Delph fits the description of a married 31 year old Everton player as well.

From reports that they were arrested at their home in Manchester, seems more likely?

Has there been any confirmation it's Gylfi? Delph fits the description of a married 31 year old Everton player as well.

From reports that they were arrested at their home in Manchester, seems more likely?
Good catch. If there's anything to the twitter rumblings though, they seemed to be sure it was Sigurdsson - even before the Everton club statements - so I would still guess that it's him.

Arrest was made on Friday, apparently Delph played in a game on Saturday.

It's Gylfi..my mate is a Liverpool fan, they've known about the story since the weekend before it broke in the media.

Let's hope it's not true.

Yes, the club absolutely should get done.

I think though that if you are to approach a girl, the onus is on you to establish her age.
I'm not saying that this is right or fair, only that I think????? That's the law.
Happy to be proved wrong.
The doorman don't generally help. Biggest pervs going. Let anyone in in a short skirt. We've all seen it i'm sure.

His wife, Alexandra Ivarsdottir, has ruled out Gylfi Sigurdsson stories on Twitter about being arrested.​

As rumours spread amongst the football world that the player himself had been arrested for texting in a sexual nature underage girls, his wife has come forward to deny any such claims and state the player is not behind bars or been arrested.

As no evidence has come forward despite thousands of tweets being published on social media by football fans claiming to be “In the know”, it appears to be another case of vile attacks on football players by using the social media channel.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after being caught texting underage girls.

Some tweets claiming that he had been rumbled by Paedophile hunters, although no footage appeared to be presented or forthcoming.

YouTube presenters were quick to jump on the story – which now appears to be totally unfounded and completely made up and total fabrication.

In the world of social media abuse, this seems to be yet another case of vile fake news being spread.

“Imagine what he and his wife are having to go through,” said Swansea City supporter Dai Thomas.

He went onto say, “Twitter has to be controlled far better, and these types of tweets need to stop; they are vile and disgusting.

“I met the player and his wife on several occasions when he played for us; they were delightful people, they don’t deserve this”, he pointed out.

Although YouTube football presenter Adam Brown, like others who went and made videos on the subject and presented them, still feels that something is afoot despite the wife’s denials.

Brown said: “Simple question, why is it the wife and not the player or his agent making the denial?”

He continued, “That to me smells alone; something is afoot here.”

Global247news sports investigators have made enquiries all weekend and this morning and have found no evidence of any such claims.

His wife, Alexandra Ivarsdottir, has ruled out Gylfi Sigurdsson stories on Twitter about being arrested.​

As rumours spread amongst the football world that the player himself had been arrested for texting in a sexual nature underage girls, his wife has come forward to deny any such claims and state the player is not behind bars or been arrested.

As no evidence has come forward despite thousands of tweets being published on social media by football fans claiming to be “In the know”, it appears to be another case of vile attacks on football players by using the social media channel.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after being caught texting underage girls.

Some tweets claiming that he had been rumbled by Paedophile hunters, although no footage appeared to be presented or forthcoming.

YouTube presenters were quick to jump on the story – which now appears to be totally unfounded and completely made up and total fabrication.

In the world of social media abuse, this seems to be yet another case of vile fake news being spread.

“Imagine what he and his wife are having to go through,” said Swansea City supporter Dai Thomas.

He went onto say, “Twitter has to be controlled far better, and these types of tweets need to stop; they are vile and disgusting.

“I met the player and his wife on several occasions when he played for us; they were delightful people, they don’t deserve this”, he pointed out.

Although YouTube football presenter Adam Brown, like others who went and made videos on the subject and presented them, still feels that something is afoot despite the wife’s denials.

Brown said: “Simple question, why is it the wife and not the player or his agent making the denial?”

He continued, “That to me smells alone; something is afoot here.”

Global247news sports investigators have made enquiries all weekend and this morning and have found no evidence of any such claims.
Social media can cause so much strife, someone has to be held accountable.

If you don't want this forum shut down; I suggest removing these posts and ceasing discussion.

its unfair to speculate and everyone should be entitled to privacy protection offered by the law.

I can’t understand if this is true and if the reference is to small girls or to 17-year-old girls. Given that the law speaks of minors, so the border is well defined, it would be good to understand what happened.

Back
Top Bottom