Harry has lost the dressing room?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious said:
My brother bought it, I refuse to read the article, I'll go all Falling Down if I read it!

:harrylol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJs9p-VNORw[/youtube]

I'll definitely go "Falling Down" if we finish 4th for only Chelsea to win the CL

Edit: some reason doesn't seem to be showing vid.

I know that goal.com is usually the least reliable of any sources, but they are saying that some players have had a word with their agents, who have addressed concerns to Levy

It's worth a read. They have gone against the grain and said that Adebayor and Redknapp having a bust-up is 'wide of the mark', but that the players are frustrated by training all week playing 451 and then playing 442 on the day.

Basically there unnamed source may be closer to the truth than the tabloids, which may be a first for goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...enham-players-revolt-against-manager-redknapp

You gotta laugh really.

At the beggining of the season i was praying that he didnt get sent down and failing that didnt get poached for the England Job, now the end of season can't come soon enough so we can fuck him off if England don't want him.

What a crazy fucking year.

:harryfacepalm:

To be fair it's not exactly been a surprise that he's going for the England job. It's one of the reasons i've never warmed to him as the manager, because he's said from the day he joined the club "it'd be too much to turn down" "it's every manager's dream job" "it'd be an honour to take that job". With the knowledge that Capello was going after the Euro's anyway, it was pretty clear even 2yrs ago that he wouldn't be managing us next season.

Unfortunately he started doing well which made quite a few of the sceptics start backing him, despite his constant "fans are idiots" "i'm a genius" "i love Woolwich and chelsea" quotes. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate where he's got the club, but I still can't see how any of his signings have improved us, or how his management is solely responsible for where we are. Not been happy from him with day one and now I can't fucking wait to be rid of him.

MORE ITK

source has never got anything much right in the past (from what I remember of the last few seasons)

Thought it may interest some of you

gilzeantheking

1. Harry is out SACKED if England do not take him ....

2. 4 Teams in for Luca, Man u want Walker, teams in for Sandro, Kaboul too.

3. Harry has lost the dressing room and respect of the players, he takes no advice from anybody at the club.

4. Harry was offered loads of players in Jan turned them all down, the included Cisse of Newcastle. He is stubborn and only wants players he knows.

5. Leandro and Hazard deals done if we make champions lg, deals off if we don't we will not be able to pay the wages.

6. Luka deffo off whatever happens.

7. Stadium plans will be delayed if we fail to make champions lg.

8. Levy has had enough of Harry and his ways all the players that left were Harry's decisions. They almost sacked him last summer.

9. The club think not making the Champions lg will put us back 3-5 years, due to reduced income, delay in building the stadium, not getting the players we want and losing others.

10. We are talking to Jose BUT no deal if we do not make Champions lg, Martinez, Rodgers on list, Moyes not....Hoddle also being considered.

Not sure about that ITK...

Most of it we could have guessed and I really doubt that Levy would make building the new Stadium CL dependent.

Well he's put his neck on the line saying a few definite things so it'll be easy to discredit him in the coming months

Oh bloody hell, the last thing we need is United being interested in Walker. If he gets his head turned I will be gutted, I am really growing to like him. He's got a massive future and it better bloody be at White Hart Lane.

I don't buy it for the same reason as CJM says, can't see the stadium being reliant on CL.

I also wouldn't think a manager like Jose was dependant on CL either if the potential new manager thought that we have a CL capable squad.

Also, the bit about Harry being sacked come what may seems to be somewhat reactionary to recent events.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Smoked Salmon said:
I don't buy it for the same reason as CJM says, can't see the stadium being reliant on CL.
If Spurs can't make the CL on a semi-regular basis (every other year), it will make building the stadium more difficult simply because the profile of the club will be smaller. That means less in naming rights, possibly fewer televised PL/cup matches, fewer members renewing. It strikes me as eminently believable that these pieces are all related.

Smoked Salmon said:
Also, the bit about Harry being sacked come what may seems to be somewhat reactionary to recent events.
Managers have been sacked for less, though, no? If Harry was a "stopgap", it makes sense that he has stopped the gap and done the most he can with the club: a place or two better than what Jol managed, which is, on the balance, high praise, considering we were nailed on relegated (to believe some) under Ramos. For the club to prosper, "handful of fourth places" has to become "frequent title challenges". Harry has shown that he is incapable of instilling the kind of discipline one needs for all 38 game weeks for that sort of thing. As we have grown out Jenas (say), we have also grown out Harry.

Sibs said:
5. Leandro and Hazard deals done if we make champions lg, deals off if we don't we will not be able to pay the wages.
I'm not sure I understand this one. Is the point that, without CL, we won't have the money to pay them? Or is it that they will ask huge wages to counter the lack of CL?

Éperons said:
If Spurs can't make the CL on a semi-regular basis (every other year), it will make building the stadium more difficult simply because the profile of the club will be smaller. That means less in naming rights, possibly fewer televised PL/cup matches, fewer members renewing. It strikes me as eminently believable that these pieces are all related.
Are you aware that despite not being a Champion's League regular we are the 11th richest club in the world and have been on or around that level for a good few years now? We are the only non-CL club, outside of Liverpool, to earn that sort of revenue. So that's why I'm not convinced that CL is make or break.

Managers have been sacked for less, though, no? If Harry was a "stopgap", it makes sense that he has stopped the gap and done the most he can with the club: a place or two better than what Jol managed, which is, on the balance, high praise, considering we were nailed on relegated (to believe some) under Ramos. For the club to prosper, "handful of fourth places" has to become "frequent title challenges". Harry has shown that he is incapable of instilling the kind of discipline one needs for all 38 game weeks for that sort of thing. As we have grown out Jenas (say), we have also grown out Harry.
Oh, I agree it is a possibility. I'm just being cynical. I don't think if our form had've been so bad the ITKs would be starting with the "Levy wants him out" stuff. That's just me being a cynic over the realiability of ITK rather than anything else.

Éperons said:
Sibs said:
I'm not sure I understand this one. Is the point that, without CL, we won't have the money to pay them? Or is it that they will ask huge wages to counter the lack of CL?

I think it's more saying that they can fit our wage structure but are only willing to join if we are in the Champions League.

henryp0p said:
Éperons said:
Sibs said:

I think it's more saying that they can fit our wage structure but are only willing to join if we are in the Champions League.
No, that isn't what the ITK is saying, He's made it specifically tied to being able to pay the wages - which doesn't make any sense if we operate a wage cap.

Smoked Salmon said:
Are you aware that despite not being a Champion's League regular we are the 11th richest club in the world and have been on or around that level for a good few years now? We are the only non-CL club, outside of Liverpool, to earn that sort of revenue. So that's why I'm not convinced that CL is make or break.
Yes, we're clearly not broke, and I have never believed people who have said things like "we won't spend in the window since Levy is saving pennies for the stadium". I mentioned a while back that Miles from SI mentioned on the FM podcast that a little bird told him that Spurs budget for finishing 10th every season. So we do not need CL to survive, or even to do well. However, I also believe the Swiss Ramble writeup of Spurs from this autumn, that indicates that it's not exactly obvious how Spurs will drum up the money to raise their profile without the added income of a higher profile—televised matches, win bonuses, member numbers, merch, and sponsorship deals all tie into that.

I'm not going to speak for the ITK, but I do believe that missing the CL this year could delay the new stadium. Not indefinitely. But maybe a year or two. If the ITK has in mind "no CL means we're ground sharing with Woolwich", I would say they are full of it. :)

Smoked Salmon said:
I don't think if our form had've been so bad the ITKs would be starting with the "Levy wants him out" stuff. That's just me being a cynic over the realiability of ITK rather than anything else.
I see what you mean. Well, I always assumed he would be gone this summer (well, since a year ago, when Capello said he would leave after the Euros), so any ITK suggesting he will leave only tells me something I've suspected for a year. It's low-hanging fruit to suggest that we are looking at a Harryless future.

Smoked Salmon said:
No, that isn't what the ITK is saying, He's made it specifically tied to being able to pay the wages - which doesn't make any sense if we operate a wage cap.
That's why it is confusing. I can sort of understand why a player would ask for higher wages to play at an unfancied club (hello, Anži!). But I can't see how that would work at Spurs. Say Hazard would take 50/ if we made CL, but would hold out for 75/ if we don't (the numbers are for illustration only). So he joins, we pay him 75/, and after a year we are in the CL, and he is still making 75/. I can't imagine Levy would ever do a deal like that… but, simultaneously, I can't imagine a player would ever demand a deal like that, since it would be readily apparent that Levy would never agree to such terms! It would be a poison pill of a clause!

Back
Top Bottom