Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Young player of the year.. Runner up in player of the year.. That really is a tremendous achievement, especially as he cost nothing.
There's a lesson to all these high spending clubs that sometimes, just sometimes the talent is closer to home than you think.
Ozil, Aguero, Di-Maria, Costa.. Nowhere near..

What a season, what a man, what an achievement..

Take a bow Sir Harry Kane..

You know, Hazard winning player of the year certainly makes decent sense. He is a great player after all, and is made to stand out even more as he often is the only real attacking thrust who goes on solo runs and makes something happen within an otherwise aggressively defensive and boring Chelsea team. And being a top attacking player in a title winning team always makes for a safe choice that no one will complain about for such awards.

But, having said all that, it is funny to me how not so long ago no one was talking about Hazard and PFA stuff at all; if anything, there were just a few murmurings of Kane as a possibility. And then out of nowhere, as if to preempt any discussion and plant the seed early, Mourinho popped up with that comment about how it would be criminal if anyone but Hazard were to win it. This was after he had already been on a lengthy campaign to convince everyone that Hazard is getting fouled a million times every match, and how wonderful he is for not making a big deal about it, and that referees should be going out of their way to protect him. And so slowly but surely, I started to hear key voices in the media regurgitating this sentiment about how Hazard is surely the only real candidate until it gathered plenty of momentum all over the place. Lo and behold, here we are a few months later and the prophecy has been fulfilled.

I'm not saying there is any conspiracy at play; Hazard may well have won it even without any lobbying from Mourinho; nor do I particularly care much about this awards bullshit to begin with. Just that it did occur to me how this was by no means the first nor will it be the last time in which that sour faced cunt will play the media like the ever-compliant sheep they are and use them to spread his propaganda, making extra sure that everything goes just according to his plan.

You know, Hazard winning player of the year certainly makes decent sense. He is a great player after all, and is made to stand out even more as he often is the only real attacking thrust who goes on solo runs and makes something happen within an otherwise aggressively defensive and boring Chelsea team. And being a top attacking player in a title winning team always makes for a safe choice that no one will complain about for such awards.

But, having said all that, it is funny to me how not so long ago no one was talking about Hazard and PFA stuff at all; if anything, there were just a few murmurings of Kane as a possibility. And then out of nowhere, as if to preempt any discussion and plant the seed early, Mourinho popped up with that comment about how it would be criminal if anyone but Hazard were to win it. This was after he had already been on a lengthy campaign to convince everyone that Hazard is getting fouled a million times every match, and how wonderful he is for not making a big deal about it, and that referees should be going out of their way to protect him. And so slowly but surely, I started to hear key voices in the media regurgitating this sentiment about how Hazard is surely the only real candidate until it gathered plenty of momentum all over the place. Lo and behold, here we are a few months later and the prophecy has been fulfilled.

I'm not saying there is any conspiracy at play; Hazard may well have won it even without any lobbying from Mourinho; nor do I particularly care much about this awards bullshit to begin with. Just that it did occur to me how this was by no means the first nor will it be the last time in which that sour faced cunt will play the media like the ever-compliant sheep they are and use them to spread his propaganda, making extra sure that everything goes just according to his plan.

He's a manipulative psychopath. Even my very naive old man can see it.

Yeh not convinced Hazard is an out and out winner of this, he has done well but not Bale or Suarez well. Horrible as it is to say I think Sanchez had as strong a case for winning it, Woolwich are a different team without him, even within the Chelsea team the likes of Terry stood out, although defenders don't normally get the prize.

Does seem odd considering perhaps 5 or 6 players could have won the thing that it seemed all of a sudden a month or two ago Hazard was pretty much declared the winner. Would not have been overboard for Kane to have won, he scored 30 goals, missed a lot of games at the start of the season and lets be honest doesn't get the service that some teams would give him.

Sort of glad he didn't win the main award might been a bit too much and saying that even tho Hazard won it there's more talk about Kane winning the young player of the year.

Who does the writing on the OS? I have seen so many incorrect facts stated. I even pulled them up on a few but it got rather tedious as I was doing it on a regular basis. Since I stopped they have had a few major blunders. Not long ago they also had someone down as scoring a goal when they didn't and now they say Kane assisted the first goal at Southampton. Unreal.http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/harry-pfa-young-player-260415/

Technically he did get the slightest of touches to knock it on to Lamella :freund:

Technically he did get the slightest of touches to knock it on to Lamella :freund:
Spurs official twitter account:
2Iosokk.png

and then spurs OS:
Lomk6Kr.png

..ffs come on sort it out.

So, is Harry Kane credited with one assist or Dier both?
aGbRdxZ.png

Or the hair of Harry Kane:) Really cannot see how Kane can get credited with the assist

Last edited:
Just want to add my congrats to King Harry of the Lane. For me he's Spurs Player of the Year, not just for what he did on the pitch, but also for his part (according to many an ITK) in leading the 'young players revolt' against some of the ancien régime that were dragging us down earlier in the season.

That took some bottle from him and the other young 'uns involved. Such nerve and enterprise can hopefully show the way to a better future for us, though there are many other factors involved of course.

I am surely biased but I thought Kane deserved the award. Hazard is a great player and with Chelsea winning the league on a trot it was an easy cop out. However, Kane scored 30 goals this year..30! Add to that he didn't even feature in the PL in first two months. He should have won the award but PFA took easy way out considering he won the young PFA award and seemingly everyone is happy.

On a selfish level though I do feel this was probably good for us, winning that award puts even more of a spotlight on him and part of Harry may even feel snubbed and propel him to work even harder.

In any event tremendous acheivement for Harry and our club (3 in 4 years) Proud proud day!

Hazard gave it away when he stated that he was not sure if he deserved the award: Kane should have won it hands down he will finish with 33-35 goals after playing his bollocks off all season. Well played Arry Kane.

Maybe I'm being greedy, but Kane not sweeping both awards for this season does not seem credible.

Hazard is a fine, fine, fine player, but his award is just a formality for the best player at this season's title winning club, not the league's standout performer this season.

Congratulations to Harry Kane, not in the team until late and lets face it the 3 behind him have hardly gifted him with countless chances or helped out as much as they could, a miracle he has this many goals good on him

As I have been saying recently, Kane is now marked by everyone hence the 'bad performances' apparently and with 2-3 players following Kane the likes of Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela need to be exploiting the extra space.

Looks like the second goal against the saints was the result of a defender being to preoccupied with Kane and forgetting we had other players who himself admitted it.

just seems odd recently people saying Kane is having bad performances when he has another 1-2 players extra following him compared to earlier in the season. That should mean our other players should step up with the extra space they are afforded.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/27/maya-yoshida-harry-kanes-threat-distracted-me/

Back
Top Bottom