Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading the comments from certain posters - Crispin and Beech Beech spring to mind - it's clear they hate the club at the moment. They take every opportunity to slag the club.

Why bother with something that makes you so miserable? Take a break. Find something you enjoy doing.

Kane went AWOL. Everything we know points to that. Nothing else makes sense.

It annoys me. It baffles me. I've said that I've no clue what he thought he was achieving. He is an idiot imv.

Thinking that doesn't absolve Enic/Levy of blame in the background to this moment but there's no blame on them directly for Kane being unprofessional.

The only people supporting Kane through this are fans of other clubs and, sadly, some of our own fans, who think Harry is too good for our club.

If you hate Spurs so much that you think it's ok that our 'talisman' does what he wants then it's time to find a new hobby and just keep an eye on the scores.

It's not like it's the first summer he ignored the wishes of the club either apparently...

If we take the assumption that Kane isn't going anywhere this summer, we have a simple choice: we can either accept that he has made some effort to try and make things right and get behind him and the team or we can refuse to forgive him and damage our prospects for the season.

The fact that he has given us a personal response does count for something with me. Too many people, both in football and in real life, do the dirty and never front up.

The key thing is that he has demonstrated a willingness to put the whole thing to one side and get back to the football. We can either cut off our nose to spite our face or we can be thankful that we have the services of the Premier League's best striker for at least one more season and make the best of it.

I don't think he's put anything to one side - he's just protecting his reputation after he became a huge Internet meme this week

my reading is there was an agreement he could leave this summer but there was no Fee agreed put on it (grealish was £100M)
Kane tried to push Levy to deal but City & Levy can't fix a price
I don't blame him for wanting to go, it hasn't happen have a press conference and say the above and lets start over again

So do we reckon he's going to rock up today fashionably late, sporting a full sleeve, ear piercing and bleach blonde half shaven head hairdo to complete his bad boy persona for the full heel turn?

That apology is faker than a cretinousgoat cretinousgoat six-pack

But we all know we’ll take it come 31st August

His next message will likely contain an actual non-apology. But will be along the lines of "I'm sorry. Sorry you all thought this way about me which is wrong..." etc.

City will be controlling any comms from now on I feel if they aren't already. He went on the Neville Tapping Up Golf Show and casually mentioned the exact bid Shitty would make. Pep makes a presser mentioning that Spurs aren't open to negotiations and five minutes later we get this work of fiction.

Interesting only ex players are sucking him off online. The current crop are probably being advised to steer clear. Either that or they think he is a snake but I doubt it. The moral of the story is that nepotism will usually bite you in the bum eventually.

My respect for Nuno would rise considerably if Kane were benched or brought on as a late impact sub.

Reading the comments from certain posters - Crispin and Beech Beech spring to mind - it's clear they hate the club at the moment. They take every opportunity to slag the club.

Why bother with something that makes you so miserable? Take a break. Find something you enjoy doing.

Kane went AWOL. Everything we know points to that. Nothing else makes sense.

It annoys me. It baffles me. I've said that I've no clue what he thought he was achieving. He is an idiot imv.

Thinking that doesn't absolve Enic/Levy of blame in the background to this moment but there's no blame on them directly for Kane being unprofessional.

The only people supporting Kane through this are fans of other clubs and, sadly, some of our own fans, who think Harry is too good for our club.

If you hate Spurs so much that you think it's ok that our 'talisman' does what he wants then it's time to find a new hobby and just keep an eye on the scores.

It's not like it's the first summer he ignored the wishes of the club either apparently...
I'm not going to comment on the two posters you have mentioned by name, but I have said we should forgive and forget if Harry is still our player on the 1st September.

Does that mean I hate the club? I'm not Spurs? I'm an idiot? Should "find a new hobby"?

When someone wrongs me, my first instinct is to find a way to forgive them. Not to act as if they are dead to me. And the more I liked the person before the "wronging", the harder I'll try.

This "he's dead to me" attitude some seem to have cannot, literally cannot, be the view of the majority. And if he IS still ours come September, it would make zero logical sense to maintain it. IMO it makes little sense now...

my reading is there was an agreement he could leave this summer but there was no Fee agreed put on it (grealish was £100M)
I don't blame him for wanting to go, it hasn't happen have a press conference and say the above and lets start over again
I doubt there was any agreement. Likely that Harry asked Charlie a year or so later about his release clause and Charlie made it up.

Levy is probably the last person you'd send your idiot brother to in order to secure a favourable deal. He got rinsed.

when i say an agreement I'm talking about a gentleman's agreement ( i would hope that Levy would not break any gentleman's agreement, otherwise no one would trust any thing he said)

What do you think constitutes a gentleman's agreement with Daniel Levy anyway?

...and frankly it's on Kane to not know the history that Levy has had when it comes to "gentleman's agreements"

Personally, and as ridiculous as this sounds, Harry Kane is no Lionel Messi. Yeah he's a club legend, but he rarely shows up for a final despite insisting that he start in one no matter his fitness level.
Sure it's been nice to have someone come through our ranks, but we'll find another to love and call our own.

If he wants to go, let him. The best thing I've seen all week that sums up how I feel is this

"Winning trophies at City is like losing your virginity to a prostitute."

I'm not going to comment on the two posters you have mentioned by name, but I have said we should forgive and forget if Harry is still our player on the 1st September.

Does that mean I hate the club? I'm not Spurs? I'm an idiot? Should "find a new hobby"?

When someone wrongs me, my first instinct is to find a way to forgive them. Not to act as if they are dead to me. And the more I liked the person before the "wronging", the harder I'll try.

This "he's dead to me" attitude some seem to have cannot, literally cannot, be the view of the majority. And if he IS still ours come September, it would make zero logical sense to maintain it. IMO it makes little sense now...
So you are fans of Winks and Sissoko? Gotcha.

:llorisunsure:

Firstly, I didn't call them idiots. I called Kane an idiot.

And I'm not saying that people who want to give him the benefit of the doubt are wrong. But you can do that without slagging off the club.

Fact is...Kane is in the wrong. He's so far over the line that the line is a dot to him. This, apparently, is the second summer he's just done what he wanted and gone against the club.

If he stays and people want to get back to supporting him then fine but you can never support Kane, or any player, over the club.

He has more chance of winning trophies in golf than with us. Amend his contract to allow him to not train during the week . He can then change his line to “ my number 1 love is playing for England followed by playing golf and then playing for Spurs. “

I have loved Harry from the moment he put that shirt on, it's pure delusion to see that as anything other than lies.

I am not coming from a place of bias with this, there is absolutely no way this was a planned vacation, everything in the press would have been put to bed and he would have addressed immediately as well as the club.

This is a man who is lying to the fans and now has his tail between his legs imo.
Totes true bit you drew some pretty far reaching conclusions from a short message

Back
Top Bottom