Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just my opinion that any poster who just comes on to endlessness cunt-off the club is a waste of oxygen. Might make you feel like a big-man but we can all see who's looking like a foolish troll ....

Is it the posters who get behind the club? or the ones who just slag it off?

no. You people are the heroes.

you are the ones that feed the current owners with cash. You know how it works.

you are happy with the club. You are the fans that have blind loyalty to the shirt. ( or is it the badge ) I forget how it works.

lol. the outsider knows how it works.

lol. I’m not knocking you. But I do laugh at you.

You made a post breaking his statement down but you hardly listed actual facts. It's just your opinion at the end of the day, because like myself or anyone else here, you have no idea whatsoever as to what has gone on behind the scenes and what has been said.

I've said all along that if Kane has purposely, by choice, not turned up for training then that's an extremely bad look for him and something he needs to consider when he looks in the mirror. But as of yet nobody knows the full story as neither Kane himself or the club have actually explained what's gone on and why. No doubt the actual facts of the situation will come out sooner or later.

There's clearly more going on here than anybody on this forum or any Tottenham fans are aware of. I'm also by no means biased towards Kane - I've already accepted that he wants out, understand why, and just want this circus to now come to an end so we can actually look to improve our squad, because we need far more than what we've brought into the club so far this summer.

It is my opinion, you're right. But it goes against all logic and realism to suggest his statement holds truth.

There is absolutely no way this was a planned vacation, like I said, the club, himself, the manager and everyone involved would have squashed what the press were saying immediately after the rumours of him not showing up for training came out.

What Kane has said makes no logical sense and is clearly him doing damage control, anyone from an unbiased perspective can see that.

If the club comes out and admits to this all being planned and it was the intention all along for him to not be at training I will be happy to admit I am wrong.

Anyone that Knocks Harry Kane in his battle against Levy isn’t a proper Spurs fan imo.

The real battle is getting the cancer that is Enic out. Starting with Levy not being made welcome at the lane.

same rules apply

Sorry, that’s an assumption. And a failure of imagination. You don’t know any more than I do and the best way to handle bullshit is to ignore it until you can’t ignore it anymore. I get we are upset at the thought, but it was mostly press and Twitter forcing the issue and we are better than that. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He deserves that.
Why didn't the club come out and defend him then? Why didn't they say "he wasn't due for training, the rumours in the press are false, Harry is on an extended vacation and is due to return to training at the weekend"

Why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Give me a logical, fact based reason as to why when all evidence points to him refusing to turn up to training?

Why didn't the club come out and defend him then? Why didn't they say "he wasn't due for training, the rumours in the press are false, Harry is on an extended vacation and is due to return to training at the weekend"

Why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Give me a logical, fact based reason as to why when all evidence points to him refusing to turn up to training?
Not sure what reliable sources you’re using, but I haven’t seen anything reputable that says it wasn’t planned.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt because that’s how our legal system works.

:pochsmirk:

Sorry, that’s an assumption. And a failure of imagination. You don’t know any more than I do and the best way to handle bullshit is to ignore it until you can’t ignore it anymore. I get we are upset at the thought, but it was mostly press and Twitter forcing the issue and we are better than that. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He deserves that.
Come on…

He was reported as a no-show from multiple sources. If it were sanctioned by the club they would have addressed it, and/or Kane would have said on day one. Nuno said that they would handle the matter internally. If there was no issue, there would be nothing to handle. Finally after 5 days of missed training he says that it is not a problem but he can’t go into specifics.

I get the rose tinted glasses for Kane but this just doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Last edited:
no. You people are the heroes.

you are the ones that feed the current owners with cash. You know how it works.

you are happy with the club. You are the fans that have blind loyalty to the shirt. ( or is it the badge ) I forget how it works.

lol. the outsider knows how it works.

lol. I’m not knocking you. But I do laugh at you.
You laugh at fans who've been here for decades seen the likes of Scholar, Sugar and ENIC come and go seen more Managers and Players than you've had great sex .... and who support the club over and above all of them.

As I said you are not a fan just a troll - every post you make just confirms my opinion even more.

First you attacked our club, now you're attacking our club's fans as well .... troll alert.

So, you like it that he is putting himself before the good of the club…

Who’s bigger? The club or Kane?

He's been with us for a long time. He's improved as a player while the club has quickly regressed after a few good years under Pochettino. Kane is not in his early or mid 20's anymore where he then no doubt thought he had time on his side. Nobody with any common sense and/or who isn't spouting complete biased nonsense can say that we look like we've got a chance of winning either the league or Champions League any time soon.

I know that most people's issue is the way he's gone about wanting his move and not the fact that he does actually want to move. But all anybody has at the moment is snippets of information they read online and assumptions they are making up in their own heads. If it does turn out in the end to be that Kane really did miss training this week by choice then thanks for all of the goals, but good riddance.

You laugh at fans who've been here for decades seen the likes of Scholar, Sugar and ENIC come and go seen more Managers and Players than you've had great sex .... and who support the club over and above all of them.

As I said you are not a fan just a troll - every post you make just confirms my opinion even more.

First you attacked our club, now you're attacking our club's fans as well .... troll alert.

I'm not attacking anyone. Just posting opinions. Sometimes facts. Rarely facts. But sometimes.

history shows that doing so on here is about as successful as your mother’s contraception techniques.

dont be so sensitive. People are allowed to have different view points to you Chuckles

Not sure what reliable sources you’re using, but I haven’t seen anything reputable that says it wasn’t planned.

If it was planned Harry would have logically said so on Monday, the first day he was "due back" and purposefully "missed training" according to the press and squashed the rumours immediately.

Why would be let his reputation be dragged for an entire week, also, why would the club allow the rumours to circulate and not address them?

It makes no logical sense.

The more logical reasoning would be that Kane and whomever is advising him, overplayed their hand have now realised City aren't going to pay the kind of money we want for him and is now in full damage control over his behaviour.

Come on…

He was reported as a no-show from multiple sources. If it were sanctioned by the club they would have addressed it, and/or Kane would have said on day one. Muni said that they would handle the matter internally. If there was no issue, there would be nothing to handle. Finally after 5 days of missed training he says that it is not a problem but he can’t go into specifics.

I get the rose tinted glasses for Kane but this just doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Exactly, looking at this logically it's pretty clear what has transpired.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. If the club comes out and says it was planned all along then I will admit I was wrong about Kane and I will direct my anger at ENIC and Levy for allowing our player to be dragged through the mud for no reason.

However, everything so far suggests to me that isn't going to happen and this is exactly as you suggest in your post.

Kane, in my eyes, is lying and is in full damage control.

He's been with us for a long time. He's improved as a player while the club has quickly regressed after a few good years under Pochettino. Kane is not in his early or mid 20's anymore where he then no doubt thought he had time on his side. Nobody with any common sense and/or who isn't spouting complete biased nonsense can say that we look like we've got a chance of winning either the league or Champions League any time soon.

I know that most people's issue is the way he's gone about wanting his move and not the fact that he does actually want to move. But all anybody has at the moment is snippets of information they read online and assumptions they are making up in their own heads. If it does turn out in the end to be that Kane really did miss training this week by choice then thanks for all of the goals, but good riddance.
That is exactly it, the manner in which he is conducting himself. Most fans get it and although it hurts, would sympathize with him making a move.

There is enough smoke to show there is a fire here. I’d frankly like him to go now, preferably outside England, but it has to make sense for the club. Someone offers a fair price for him, then it is time to cut him loose. But we can’t be bullied into a fire sale. The club needs to rebuild, so we either need to build it around his quality, or have to use funds from his sale to do so.

This is maybe the most annoying and frustrating thing. If Kane came out with a public statement to the fans about how he feels about the development of the club, the lack of investment, and his other concerns he could have possibly won the PR battle and strongly pushed for a move with fans still backing him or maybe not being really pissed off. He has bungled this whole thing.

That is exactly it, the manner in which he is conducting himself. Most fans get it and although it hurts, would sympathize with him making a move.

There is enough smoke to show there is a fire here. I’d frankly like him to go now, preferably outside England, but it has to make sense for the club. Someone offers a fair price for him, then it is time to cut him loose. But we can’t be bullied into a fire sale. The club needs to rebuild, so we either need to build it around his quality, or have to use funds from his sale to do so.

This is maybe the most annoying and frustrating thing. If Kane came out with a public statement to the fans about how he feels about the development of the club, the lack of investment, and his other concerns he could have possibly won the PR battle and strongly pushed for a move with fans still backing him or maybe not being really pissed off. He has bungled this whole thing.

what happens is this.

Kane goes to Manu for 120m we get Martial as well.

you can quote me on this.

Back
Top Bottom