Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget the goals.

I said both players and it's about relative contribution.

Near to wage theft as I said.

5 1/2 shit games(***).... Whatever.....

Dumb statement regardless. Knee-jerk rubbish.

....And it is knee-jerk because regardless of any reasonable critique of previous seasons; there's not been the slightest justification to use that phrase against him previously.

EDIT:

***In fact his 20min cameo vs Wolves was decent enough and he was ok without being spectacular against Villas so we're down to 4 shit EPL games at this point.

Last edited:
Forget the goals.

I said both players and it's about relative contribution.

Near to wage theft as I said.
Christ. Give it a rest.

He's not been playing well but the way people have turned on him is embarrassing.

He's been consistently brilliant in the Prem and in Europe, scoring against virtually every team he has played against. The idea that one of the greatest players in our club's history is suddenly terrible is short-sightedness at its very worst.

Even if he wants out he still represents our best chance of having an even half-decent season.

Christ. Give it a rest.

He's not been playing well but the way people have turned on him is embarrassing.

He's been consistently brilliant in the Prem and in Europe, scoring against virtually every team he has played against. The idea that one of the greatest players in our club's history is suddenly terrible is short-sightedness at its very worst.

Even if he wants out he still represents our best chance of having an even half-decent season.
Problem is that it isn’t sudden

It’s been all season for us and all Summer for his country and still carrying on

He needs a good kick up the arse

5 1/2 shit games(***).... Whatever.....

Dumb statement regardless. Knee-jerk rubbish.

....And it is knee-jerk because regardless of any reasonable critique of previous seasons; there's not been the slightest justification to use that phrase against him previously.

EDIT:

***In fact his 20min cameo vs Wolves was decent enough and he was ok without being spectacular against Villas so we're down to 4 shit EPL games at this point.
A striker that could do basic striker things like winning headers, holding the ball up, pressing, being physical in the box, making unselfish runs etc. would do wonders for our club. Kane dose none of these things anymore with effectiveness. Any half decent striker can score penalties and tap ins if that's all they focused on.

I'll take a striker that does the little things well and ultimately helps the team's overall play. Yes, it's not glamorous but the net benefit to the team is greater than a striker that goes glory hunting, looking for the easy penalties and tap ins.

Last edited:
Problem is that it isn’t sudden

It’s been all season for us and all Summer for his country and still carrying on

He needs a good kick up the arse
True, he's not above that, but the whole team has been mostly poor this season. If he's still underperforming a month from now it's clearly a problem.

A striker that could do basic striker things like winning headers, holding the ball up, pressing, being physical in the box, making unselfish runs etc. would do wonders for our club. Kane dose none of these things anymore with effectiveness. Any half decent striker can score penalties and tap ins if that's all they focused on.

I'll take a striker that does the little things well and ultimately helps the team's overall play. Yes, it's not glamorous but the net benefit to the team is greater than a striker that goes glory hunting, looking for the easy penalties and tap ins.

Word salad..... Pointless ramblings that have nothing to do with my post.

Calling the guy a "wage-thief" off the back of 4 shit games is pathetic. I wouldn't expect you to be able to understand this.

Word salad..... Pointless ramblings that have nothing to do with my post.

Calling the guy a "wage-thief" off the back of 4 shit games is pathetic. I wouldn't expect you to be able to understand this.

I hope the same energy is kept when Son has his yearly patch of terrible form where he can barely trap a ball and has no influence on games.

Love Sonny, but fuck me..... People's memories are short when they want them to be aren't they!

Both him and Kane are either on fire or barely looking like footballers, they love a purple patch.

Which is one of the biggest reasons we badly require one of our other wide players to pop up with 8-10 goals this season, and a midfielder to get a handful too. And if they can't then that has to be the priority signings wise.

In games they struggle in, rarely does another player step up and score. Rest of the team simply doesn't have enough goals in it to cover for their bad patches.

I hope the same energy is kept when Son has his yearly patch of terrible form where he can barely trap a ball and has no influence on games.
Allow him to take penalties and his patch of poor performances will suddenly look a lot better because of a couple of penalties here and there.

Or allow him to play in Kane's position and do nothing but look for penalties and tap ins. Suddenly, you'll see a spike in his goal number and his 'poor patches' suddenly goes away.

He usually does have a patch where he doesn't score goals as much but one thing about Son though he

does perform when we need him to.

Can't say that about Kane.

Both him and Kane are either on fire or barely looking like footballers, they love a purple patch.

Which is one of the biggest reasons we badly require one of our other wide players to pop up with 8-10 goals this season, and a midfielder to get a handful too. And if they can't then that has to be the priority signings wise.

In games they struggle in, rarely does another player step up and score. Rest of the team simply doesn't have enough goals in it to cover for their bad patches.
Except one player does nothing except look for penalties and tap ins while another one is busting his balls every game making unselfish runs in behind, trying to create space for the attack. Kane literally does nothing if he isn't getting the ball served to him on a silver platter in and around the box.

Except one player does nothing except look for penalties and tap ins while another one is busting his balls every game making unselfish runs in behind, trying to create space for the attack. Kane literally does nothing if he isn't getting the ball served to him on a silver platter in and around the box.

Son's stats for ground covered in a game and successful pressures are some of the lowest in the division right now.

He's obviously quick and has a different game to Kane, so he's going to try and get in behind more, whereas Kane tries to receive the ball with his back to goal. Unless we put a jetpack on Kane I don't think we'd benefit from him trying to play in the same fashion.

He usually does have a patch where he doesn't score goals as much but one thing about Son though he

does perform when we need him to.

Can't say that about Kane.

He's a better big game player than Kane, 100%.

I think I've addressed this before (more than once knowing this thread!) but the skillset of certain players is just more suited to high pressure games vs better sides. A guy who is good at getting in behind a high line, which most top sides play, can expose that.

But Kane has disappointed regardless in the big occasions. No doubt about it.

Love Sonny, but fuck me..... People's memories are short when they want them to be aren't they!\
One thing to point out is that:

Sonny has gotten better every season since 2017.

Kane stopped improving after he turned 25.

I think this is his peak and he will not get any better than he is now.

Still a great player though. I just think we overrate too much since he is English.

One thing to point out is that:

Sonny has gotten better every season since 2017.

Kane stopped improving after he turned 25.

I think this is his peak and he will not get any better than he is now.

Still a great player though. I just think we overrate too much since he is English.
It's not because he's English. He's got the numbers to back it up but people don't watch his game close enough nor look into context in the way he scores. He's the ultimate flat track bully, which isn't necessarily a bad thing over a course of a season because you end up playing a lot of bad teams. So he will get his goals.

But if you're going up against the top players and teams, Kane is going to struggle because being clever and being at the right place at the right time can only take you so far. Every top player is clever and has quality on and off the ball. You need decent physicality, mobility and pace to truly be a truly world class/elite striker. Unfortunately for us, Kane's injuries have caught up to him.

Back
Top Bottom