Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take out the period when he scored shitloads of goals and the result is he didn’t score shitloads of goals.

Fucking geniuses we got on this board, we have.

So what you’re saying is that there can be no point where a regression happens and Kane can ONLY be judged in his entirety?

Did you use that method for Jose?
Or Dele?

Do you understand what “decline” means?

Wait... so now we're not playing to Kane's strengths.

But I thought he won the Golden Boot and had Top Assists last season and his game has evolved into one that is a more complete/team player?

I thought he had his best season last season?

Why is the narrative of the Kane Cult changing.

:dembelelol:

It has. He has a player changed due to ankle injuries. There are some aspects of his play I preferred before, but he's a more mature striker nowadays. He didn't score as much as his best seasons last campaign either, he got a lot of absolutely brilliant assists from some pinpoint passes which added to his contributions .. you know, during that period we actually had a game-plan?

I don't think he'll score 30+ in the league again, but his hold up play and passing ability has massively improved since he broke through.

It has. He has a player changed due to ankle injuries. There are some aspects of his play I preferred before, but he's a more mature striker nowadays. He didn't score as much as his best seasons last campaign either, he got a lot of absolutely brilliant assists from some pinpoint passes which added to his contributions .. you know, during that period we actually had a game-plan?

I don't think he'll score 30+ in the league again, but his hold up play and passing ability has massively improved since he broke through.
Right but what does that have anything to do with him having less goal contributions (goals + assists) than Son since the start of 18/19. It's not like Son has had a massive spike in goal contributions. Since his 2nd year, he's been more or less a ~20-22 goal contribution type of player.

Non Penalty Goal Contributions Since the Start of 18/19
Son: 72 goal contributions
Kane: 70 goal contributions

Wait... so now we're not playing to Kane's strengths.

But I thought he won the Golden Boot and had Top Assists last season and his game has evolved into one that is a more complete/team player?
I thought he had his best season last season?

Amazing keeping that level up despite things crumbling around the pair of them isn't it.... Id' say we were lucky to have them BOTH.

But you..... Nah, you've convinced yourself the Jimenez was always the better player.

Why is the narrative of the Kane Cult changing.

:dembelelol:

.......And then have to result to childishness like this.

Perhaps you think Jose & Nuno were playing the same was as peak Poch? TBH, wouldn't be suprising given the utter shite you readily convince yourself of.

Lucas Moura's hattrick was a fluke but Kane's 11 assists in 10 games wasn't

11 assist that at least 8 of which were virtual carbon copies of the same assist/goal/player combo.....

Yeh, absolutely nothing to do with how we'd been set up to play.......

........Just pure, unfathomable luck. 🤡

Oh my days did Airfixx Airfixx really want to take out Sons 4 assists for that period and Kane’s 11?

Let’s do that then.
Since the start of 18/19 Son has 41 assists in all comps and Kane has 27

Let me ask you again for clarity?
Do you want me to take out 11 of Kane’s assists?
And 4 of Sons?

:mourhandlaugh:

So what you’re saying is that there can be no point where a regression happens and Kane can ONLY be judged in his entirety?

Did you use that method for Jose?
Or Dele?

Do you understand what “decline” means?

It’s more nuanced than that; both Jose and Nuno sucked the life out the team. Every Spurs player “declined” to use your term.

Since 2019 Kane has scored 28 goals in 23 competitive matches for England, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to twist that stat to fit your narrative.

1 goal against Newcastle in the last 10 apps is "keeping that level up?"

What?

My bad.. I thought we were reflecting on his stats last season.... Actually, screw that.... WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HIS STATS LAST SEASON.

:avbfu:

He's been shit this season.

No doubt you're gonna pretend that only you and Sammy have ever said that next.

Last edited:
Exactly. Are these people all screaming for Dele in the team?

Or…….was there a point in his career where you could say “he was better before”

Hmmmm, and they actually believe what they’re saying.
We should sign Fernando Torres because of what he did from 2007-10. Are people forgetting how good he was then or did that just not happen? He was MUCH BETTER than Son.

My bad.. I thought we were reflecting on his stats last season.... Actually, screw that.... WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HIS STATS LAST SEASON.

:avbfu:

He's been shit this season.

No doubt you're gonna pretend that only and Sammy have ever said that next.
Non Penalty Goal Contributions Since the Start of 18/19
Son: 72 goal contributions
Kane: 70 goal contributions

Back
Top Bottom