Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not at all.
I think Son was pretty shit despite scoring.

Fucking what lmao? Your standards are insane.

And Kane made more key passes than anyone on the field. He was the most creative player on the pitch and you want to make out he just did some easy passes, he's the reason we were unlocking them most of the time.

But Kane didn’t score

You don't have to score to play quite well. If people gave him a solid 6 out of 10, I'm fine with that. I gave him a 7 because even his fantastic passing has been missing this season to a large extent prior to last night's game. He produced a couple of high quality moments last night, but squandered a big chance. Hence him not being on the same level as Son on the night, or even Skipp who was very good.

Fucking what lmao? Your standards are insane.

And Kane made more key passes than anyone on the field. He was the most creative player on the pitch and you want to make out he just did some easy passes, he's the reason we were unlocking them most of the time.
Last night was an ok performance from the team against a Champo side.

That’s it.
Dish out the 7s and 9s all you like, all I saw was an overall improvement from the Leeds game, which wasn’t exactly difficult

Good win, but that team is getting battered by anyone good playing like that last night, and Kane wouldn’t have touched the ball.

Last night was an ok performance from the team against a Champo side.

That’s it.
Dish out the 7s and 9s all you like, all I saw was an overall improvement from the Leeds game, which wasn’t exactly difficult

Good win, but that team is getting battered by anyone good playing like that last night, and Kane wouldn’t have touched the ball.

They are in the Premier League and 12th. 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

Nobody was a 9, couple of 8's though.

Okay but I'm judging him by what he did do, and he did touch the ball, and was good.

I don't care if his shooting is largely average as long as he's scoring some goals and providing other things for the team. We've relied on his goal output for too long and in the end it didn't get us anywhere.
We don't need to rely on his goals. I think that's what a lot of people are missing.

The narrative that we would be nowhere without Kane's goals simple isn't true. We've done well without him and even when he isn't scoring (like now), we find ways to get results. Had we played Burnley we likely would've been sitting in 4th place and Kane's just scored once.

And as you've said, playing Harry Kane ball has got us nowhere. We're far too predictable, slow and lethargic when he's our sole target man up front.

Playing Kane as our #10 with fast runners around him + a new faster/quicker striker would help us transform into a much more unpredictable and dynamic team. Teams/defenses would actually fear us certainly more than putting a physically declining Kane as our sole target up front.

They are in the Premier League and 12th. 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

Nobody was a 9, couple of 8's though.

Okay but I'm judging him by what he did do, and he did touch the ball, and was good.

Oooooh the mighty Brentford sorry, I forgot how good they are

Like I said it was ok team performance

You judge Kane by what he did…..how did you judge his one on one though?

You’re only talking about 4 passes like that’s actually a lot

Oooooh the mighty Brentford sorry, I forgot how good they are

Like I said it was ok team performance

You judge Kane by what he did…..how did you judge his one on one though?

You’re only talking about 4 passes like that’s actually a lot

Erm you called them championship .. they aren’t.

Poorly, if he scores it he goes up to an 8.5.

More than any of the other 19 outfield players on the pitch by a clear margin. More decent passes than the rest of our team combined in the game.

You just dislike the player and can’t bring yourself to say a good thing about him.

A lot of people used to say he was too greedy but I miss that ruthless kane. There was a time when if Harry was through with a free shot it was a certain goal now more often than not it hits the keeper. We need him to score goals ultimately and he's not going to get them dropping playing a ball then not busting a gut to get in the box.

Erm you called them championship .. they aren’t.
Mura aren’t farmers either, they are still very poor opposition though, silly point, because Brentford are EXACTLY who Kane should be filling his boots against.
Audition failed again

Poorly, if he scores it he goes up to an 8.5.

So you mark up for a goal but not down for missing what should have been an easy goal
Of course, it’s only some passes that count….but obviously not the shit ones

Nice rating system

More than any of the other 19 outfield players on the pitch by a clear margin. More decent passes than the rest of our team combined in the game.

You just dislike the player and can’t bring yourself to say a good thing about him.
Kane has one assist, one goal and has created 4 big chances all season.
It’s December.

Keep telling yourself he’s a major source of creativity

I’ll say good things when he does good things. He made three good passes last night, I’ve said that.

What else shall I say?
He didn’t do anything else, if he’d won possession back once or twice, won some headers or had a couple good shots, I’d mention it.

He didn’t .

Kane running slightly faster than last week for half an hour and doing some passing isn’t a seven

Last edited:
"It's important to have chances to score and we’re improving a lot in this aspect”
Facts

“I’m sure Harry is going to score many goals."
Conjecture

So lads, we aren’t creating anything? The manager disagrees with you

Think Conte will just persist with Kane until January, there isn’t any other alternative at present. Conte will start from the back drilling his defenders, then midfielders and finally forward line, which of course Kane leads…..So close to January he will not panic about Kane, but have no doubt Kane’s replacement is already been approached behind the scenes…..

Tottenham showed clear improvement under Antonio Conte with a comfortable 2-0 win against Brentford in the Premier League.

The win means the Italian manager has won two of his first three Premier League games, with goals from Ben Davies and Son Heung-min doing the trick on a cold Thursday evening at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Despite the numerous positives on the day, it was yet another frustrating evening for striker and England captain Harry Kane, who again fluffed his lines when put through on goal.

Kane has now only scored once in the league this season, and despite being on fire for England his league form needs addressing.

And the experienced Conte is putting in the work to get him back to his best.

LondonWorld brings you some of the creative ways Antonio Conte and his coaching staff are working to bring him up to speed.

Working on his Psychology

Harry Kane is obviously still recovering from not being allowed to join Manchester City, in a move that would have definitely been a British record.

The striker wants to win trophies, and knows he will be a better record-maker if he can add trophies to all the goals.

But Conte and his team are already convincing him to have a rethink.

They have even thrown in the idea that it would be worth much more to win the league with Tottenham, his boyhood club, than winning it elsewhere.

That sort of psychology is what the Italian winner is built on.

He got into the head of players like Lukaku, who he thought was under-valued at Manchester United, and took him to Inter Milan where he became a goal machine.

Keeping him in the box as much as possible​

Another aspect of Kane’s game Conte is trying to tweak is his tendency to drop deep and create space for other players.

Even though that in itself is a good trait to have, it doesn’t quite suit what the Italian manager expects from his forwards.

He wants the English captain to start the press and remain in his designated space, instead of crashing into others because he wants to make things happen.

Conte micro-manages the space quite well and his eagle eyes can tell when a player is out of shape.

His brother, Gianluca Conte, always seated in the press box, provides information on the positions and details of players who are responding to the instructions and those who are not.

He uses sophisticated software that helps him capture real-time images of players who are in shape with or without the ball.

Gianluca Conte was feeding information to his brother throughout the Brentford clash about Harry Kane.

This is designed to improve the forward’s position in the box and when on the press.

Creating an environment similar to England​

Conte has been trying to create an open-door environment at Hotspur Way, which is quite similar to the approach Gareth Southgate used during England’s Euro 2020 campaign.

There has been talk of using Steven Bergwijn as a centre-forward, and that is because Conte is quite open with who deserves to play and who doesn’t.

He wants his players to fight for minutes.

At the moment, Conte doesn’t feel there is enough competition for Kane.

The Italian believes that the form of players like Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Tammy Abraham is bringing the best out of their captain for England.

Conte wants a similar environment at Hotspur Way, where hard work is rewarded.

He thinks this will get the striker back to fighting for his slot.

Making him much leaner​

Since Antonio Conte’s arrival at Tottenham, the players have been feeling the extra gym sessions.

This doesn’t apply only to Kane, but there is a general feeling within the coaching staff that players have to shed a little more weight, and Kane is one of those.

The banning of fizzy drinks and tomato ketchup is designed to reduce the number of muscle injuries.

Bring in players to lift the overall quality of the team​

After the Europa Conference League defeat to Mura, there was a general acceptance that the quality of the team was very low and even Conte was brave enough to point out the deficiency to the press.

There are talks behind closed doors on bringing in some players that will compete with the established starters like Kane and Son.

Those signing will also instantly improve the team to give Kane a hand, and improve the service he receives in the final third of the game to make scoring much easier.
Fizzy drinks, my good god, we’d properly reverted to 90s style lifestyle support!!!

Think Conte will just persist with Kane until January, there isn’t any other alternative at present. Conte will start from the back drilling his defenders, then midfielders and finally forward line, which of course Kane leads…..So close to January he will not panic about Kane, but have no doubt Kane’s replacement is already been approached behind the scenes…..

Doubt that vert much, he's constantly been showing adulation for Kane if you read the articles, he loves him, aint no way he'll be looking to replace him.

People just need to understand Conte thrives in these situatuions when it comes to turning players form around, he did the same with Lukaku, he is absoltuely relishing the chance to work with Kane.

You're on some serious crack.

Being able to work with Kane will be one of the reasons Conte came to us. Along with Son he's one of our very few shining lights if the manager can get him back to what he was to an extent.

You're on some serious crack.

Being able to work with Kane will be one of the reasons Conte came to us. Along with Son he's one of our very few shining lights if the manager can get him back to what he was to an extent.
One of the best in world football…..but does he look like a guy who is living the dream at Spurs the past 4 or 5 months?

The man has checked out of Spurs and it’s inevitable that he moves on….

One of the best in world football…..but does he look like a guy who is living the dream at Spurs the past 4 or 5 months?

The man has checked out of Spurs and it’s inevitable that he moves on….

He's been badly out of sorts this season, but I've never believed it's only because of his failed move. That has played some part, but this is also a player that didn't have a proper break this summer because of the Euros, and he's not alone in starting the season completely out of form, and is also a player that has started plenty of season's prior to this one really slowly, just not for this long. I think he's also clearly played a little better so far under Conte, without the goals you would hope and expect from him just yet.

Let's see how he does and where he's at a month or so from now. I suspect he won't still be on one Premier League goal, even more so if we continue to win games and play better little by little. I should imagine he knows he's probably not going to get a move now, that ship has sailed, and he's had plenty of weeks now to get over it. While also being happy that we now have a genuinely world-class manager any player would want to play for leading the club, and not a sacked Wolves manager that was stupidly given the job out of pure desperation.

Back
Top Bottom