Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yea all class but KDB the big one isnt he. they collapsed against madrid when he went off, that doesnt happen with him out on the pitch.

didnt he go off against chelsea in the final too with eye injury? hes their big player they need to drag them over the line in big tight games. sometimes not directly but just his presence and constant quality can submit an opposition

I'd argue that was more just correlation rather than causation .. City have fucked up a whole bunch of big CL games with De Bruyne on the field. He was really poor that game too, and when he went off it's not like Madrid battered City. They did nothing till injury time where they scored from 2 chances.

City have coped well with KDB injuries in the past. He's definitely their most exciting, blockbuster player but the alternatives hold the fort pretty well.

1. Kane on his favourite goal, playing with Son and the perfect Spurs playerpublished at 09:09
    09:09​

Harry Kane
    IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
    On the 10th anniversary of his Premier League debut, Harry Kane decided to do a Q&A across his Twitter and Instagram.
    Here are some of his answers:
    Favourite-ever Premier League goal? "In my first north London derby. We won 2-1 at White Hart Lane. I scored a header in the 88/89th minute. The whole occasion being my first north London derby, being at White Hart Lane and then to score the winner in the last minute was a moment I’ll never forget."
    Favourite Spurs goal not scored by you? "Probably Lucas Moura against Ajax or Steven Bergwijn last year against Leicester."
    What's it like playing with Son? "It’s always great playing with Sonny, for sure. He’s a fantastic player and a fantastic person as well. Always laughing and joking around the training ground as well. He keeps the energy high and keeps everyone in a good mood."
    If you could design the perfect Spurs player, from players you’ve played with, taking one attribute from each, who and what would you choose? Finishing – Jermain Defoe. Pace – Kyle Walker. Dribbling – Mousa Dembele. Passing – Tom Huddlestone.
    What's the hardest moment you've experienced in a match which you've then dug in and overcome? "Physically was against Colombia in the World Cup. I was suffering with severe cramp in extra time and dug deep to get through it and to then take the penalty in the shootout. To score and win that shootout is one of the moments I look back on that pleases me the most. Mentally was one against Liverpool. I missed a penalty and then had to take another penalty to draw the game literally five minutes later in front of the Kop and managed to score. That was a big moment to dig in and get a good reaction."

We have to challenge for the title this season.

If we don't win anything this year, I can see him going to Madrid or Bayern. Both will need strikers and with only 1 year left on his contract, Kane will be affordable for them and I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Thought he was superb in the second half. He’s unreal on the ball. Always looking for the most creative probing pass and it almost always comes off. A true pleasure to watch week in week out.

AppsGoalsGPG
League2821850.656
FA19140.737
LC2070.350
UCL24200.833
EL39180.462
ECL 561.200
TOTAL3892500.643

StartsGoalsGPG
LEAGUE2661850.695
FA10141.400
LC1670.438
UCL24200.833
EL20180.900
ECL461.500
ALL3402500.735

AppsGoalsGPG
KANE3892500.643
GREAVES3792660.702

Amazing achievement for Harry to be so close to Jimmy's record which I thought might never be broken.

Arguably Harry's had the advantage of playing and scoring in many more european games than Jimmy ever had the chance to play in - in those days one team played n thei European Cup, and one in the Cup Winners Cup so Jimmy scored 9 goals in 14 european appearances versus Harry's 44 goals in 68 european appearances. Jimmy's record in the league made up for this with 220 goals in 321 appearances versus Harry's 185 goals in 282 league appearances so far (might not be quite up to date). So it might take Harry this season and next season to get close to the league record.

But its a huge record for both of them - most clubs don't have players who have got close to Jimmy or Harry's goal scoring records. Both fantastic players of their time

Amazing achievement for Harry to be so close to Jimmy's record which I thought might never be broken.

Arguably Harry's had the advantage of playing and scoring in many more european games than Jimmy ever had the chance to play in - in those days one team played i European Cup, and one in the Cup Winners Cup so Jimmy scored 9 goals in 14 european appearances versus Harry's 44 goals in 68 european appearances. Jimmy's record in the league made up for this with 220 goals in 321 appearances versus Harry's 185 goals in 282 league appearances so far (might not be quite up to date). So it might take Harry this season and next season to get close to the league record.

But its a huge record for both of them - most clubs don't have players who have got close to Jimmy or Harry's goal scoring records. Both fantastic players of their time
The other side of the coin is that H was "dropped" for a few easy LC and FA games that he would have filled his boots with perhaps.
And of course H's stats are skewed by those 1 or 2 minute sub appearances that he was given in his early days. His starts to goals stats are better than Jim's..

The other side of the coin is that H was "dropped" for a few easy LC and FA games that he would have filled his boots with perhaps.
And of course H's stats are skewed by those 1 or 2 minute sub appearances that he was given in his early days. His starts to goals stats are better than Jim's..

Don't forget that subs were only allowed from about 1967, so for most of Jimmy's career if you didn't start, you didn't play !

Different game in Jimmy's time, the starting X1 rarely changed from game to game other than for injury - even when games were only 24 hours apart such as when a team had matches to play on both Christmas Day and Boxing day !

Thought he grew into the game and played well today, even without his goal which he couldn't really miss. We just need to get him on the ball more and also create more for him. He's spending a little too long out of games at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom