Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally someone in the media addressing the real issues. Kane's only guilt is claiming a goal which he scored. You can't stop fans from bantering and no one would want to. But clubs should not be doing it, there is supposed to be a level of professionalism. A basic, low level. But it's absent. And colleagues (by which I mean other professional footballers) who come up against Kane should not be taking the piss in public either. tweeting digs etc. Where the fuck is the basic respect that he is due from his colleagues on a professional level? This is the top scorer in the league the last two seasons, England's captain, and a decent guy, no matter what your club affiliation is.

I think this is part of why Kane has been poor the last couple of games. I expect him to be poor for the rest of the season now and no doubt at the world cup too. Then he'll get scapegoated for it in the media. He will put it behind him though, in the end, and when he does I hope he pays back everyone who's slatted him over this. He can bide his time and get his own back months or years down the line when the opportunity presents itself.

I don't think ribbing Kane for claiming the goal against Stoke is cruel when done by his fellow professionals. A bit of perspective is in order here. Now, if they were mocking a penalty miss (Terry) or a slip (Gerrard), then I would agree that would be cruel.

I would say what Ashley Young did after keeping Salah quiet at Old Trafford was more cruel, if you can call it that, but no one made much of it.

BOTH clubs you say... both clubs?

Well that's jolly nice of them to feel the need to apologise to Man Utd for ripping the piss out of Tottenham's player...

What, were they worried Chris Smalling might sue them for defermation of character in making him look like a smug Cunt? Awww... shame!

It's a bit like Gloucestershire Police apologising to the Wests as WELL as their victims.. y'know, just in case THEY were offended or affected by the media coverage about their heinous crimes....
what. the.actual.fuck?? to draw a parallel between a silly joke made probably by some social media temp and some of the most heinous murders in this country's recent history...? get a fucking grip

Strange that other clubs fans think it's just banter when the FA and PFA are making jokes about their only genuine world class player.

Could you imagine the Spanish FA making jokes at Iniesta? On the verge of bullying? Or the Brazilian FA towards Neymar? There would be fucking riots.

I don't think ribbing Kane for claiming the goal against Stoke is cruel when done by his fellow professionals. A bit of perspective is in order here. Now, if they were mocking a penalty miss (Terry) or a slip (Gerrard), then I would agree that would be cruel.

I would say what Ashley Young did after keeping Salah quiet at Old Trafford was more cruel, if you can call it that, but no one made much of it.

My point isn't that it's cruel, that's more emotive, my point is that it's unprofessional and lacking a basic level of respect in what is a professional sport.

Strange that other clubs fans think it's just banter when the FA and PFA are making jokes about their only genuine world class player.

Could you imagine the Spanish FA making jokes at Iniesta? On the verge of bullying? Or the Brazilian FA towards Neymar? There would be fucking riots.

Ripping the piss out of the only world class player in the national team. Fuck the FA, and frankly fuck the England team.

If I were in his position I’d be absolutely livid. Personally I’d quit international football unless I got a grovelling apology. Incredibly disrespectful. Just banter? Wake the fuck up.

True, but that is also not proof of everything being fine either.
Not saying it is. Bit there ain't a player in history who hasn't suffered a drop in form. Until the last couple of games, even when not scoring (or August, as its known) Kane has been immense for 3 years.
He's getting ripped by the media, and the FA are allowing open season on him by current liverpool players. We have the added bonus of the PFA getting in on the fun....and the FA then thinking they need to join the Twitter fun too. It reminds me of when Alli was off his game at the beginning of the year. Copping it from every direction, I wondered if the media were trying to drive him out of the country so their made up 'scoops' would be true.
And now we have some of our own pondering that he might have gone backwards. Fucking idiots.

Edit: no problem with questioning his current form.
Saying he has gone backwards is a different thing

Last edited:
The advantage of resting Kane is it keeps the opposition guessing, we play a more packed midfield and goals are more likely to come from multiple outlets... at times I can't help but feel that would have been an advantage. Kane is sublime but in hindsight it might have been better for him to continue to get stronger before he came back.

Not normally a fan of the Torygraph but at least Jason Burt and Matt Law recognise the trolling of Kane by his peers and supposedly reputable oragnisations.

Soz it’s behind a paywall.

I think attempting to claim that goal was Harry's biggest mistake... legitimate, valid or not, he clearly failed to anticipate the backlash he'd get, and as such, has kinda been the brunt of the jokes since... if he couldn't grasp how it might have come across, then he's only himself to blame.
He didn't deserve ANY of the ridicule or vitriol he got, especially as it was based on one, rash, misguided decision.

what. the.actual.fuck?? to draw a parallel between a silly joke made probably by some social media temp and some of the most heinous murders in this country's recent history...? get a fucking grip
I think attempting to make that into a joke was my biggest mistake... legitimate, valid or not, I clearly failed to anticipate the backlash i'd get, and as such, kinda deserve to be the brunt of your comment... if I couldn't grasp how it might have come across, then I've only myself to blame.

...especially as it was based on one, rash, misguided comparison!

Erm... yeah, I get your point.
I shoulda compared it to Joseph Fritzel, that may have gone down better!!

Not normally a fan of the Torygraph but at least Jason Burt and Matt Law recognise the trolling of Kane by his peers and supposedly reputable oragnisations.

To be fair, it isn't just Kane.

Sterling is another one they seem to have it in for. Though I have no doubt a lot of that is to do with racism.

....erm, or Liverpool fans if anyone in the Media was brave enough to point out that Mo Salah is an anti-semite, and reprinted the story when he refused to shake the hands of Maccabi Tel Aviv players... based on WHAT exactly?
Mohamed Salah and the Maccabi Tel Aviv handshake furore surrounding
....and here's the proof!

That's ok... we can Crowd fund SOMEONE to pay the subscription... then we can ALL read it!

Not really sure that proves Salah is an anti-semite.
Probably more anti-Zionist... which I guess isn't the thing .

Thing is, he STILL refused to shake hands with the players of a team, representing a Country he didn't believe in.

Will be interesting to see how many at the World cup refuse to shake hands with te Iranian team.. based on personal beliefs!

I'm guessing not many would stoop to blur the lines of Sport and Politics!

Probably more anti-Zionist... which I guess isn't the thing .

Thing is, he STILL refused to shake hands with the players of a team, representing a Country he didn't believe in.

Will be interesting to see how many at the World cup refuse to shake hands with te Iranian team.. based on personal beliefs!

I'm guessing not many would stoop to blur the lines of Sport and Politics!

He was simply protesting against Israel during a period of heightened tension leading up to the 2014 Gaza War, which millions did across the Arab world.

I don't really have an issue with it considering the history between Israel and Egypt.

He was simply protesting against Israel during a period of heightened tension leading up to the 2014 Gaza War, which millions did across the Arab world.

I don't really have an issue with it considering the history between Israel and Egypt.
I know... but it was the crossing over of political views into the Sporting arena that I think clouds this issue...

Isn't the idea that Football/Sport is somehow excempt from Politics, not providing a platform to express political views.

....or else why else was Pep Guardiola prevented from wearing his yellow ribbon, in a cause HE also felt was just?

And why is ANYONE going to Russia this Summer if it's all so wrong and corrupt?

The players Salah refused to shake hands with, had as little to do with Israeli political system as HE does with Egypt's... (I imagine some weren't even Israeli!) yet Salah still thought it was a good idea to make a cheap attempt at Politics, knowing full well it would endear him to the entire Arab World!

Him having an opinion or political views is not the problem here... more players probably SHOULD! ...it's his decision to use an innapropriate platform to express it.

....erm, or Liverpool fans if anyone in the Media was brave enough to point out that Mo Salah is an anti-semite, and reprinted the story when he refused to shake the hands of Maccabi Tel Aviv players... based on WHAT exactly?
Mohamed Salah and the Maccabi Tel Aviv handshake furore surrounding
....and here's the proof!

That's ok... we can Crowd fund SOMEONE to pay the subscription... then we can ALL read it!

I read about that but hadn't seen the video. Really bad. Takes the shine off a very talented player. You have to have and show basic respect for your opponent in sport. Doesn't mean you can't think they're a cunt or have political views about the country they're from but this sort of thing is pathetic.

Fucking these plastic scousers are a deluded bunch, Kane and ‘new low’ of claiming a goal. Compared to racist, biting, partner beating, drunk driving... yeah that low of claiming a goal...

:kanehand:

I read about that but hadn't seen the video. Really bad. Takes the shine off a very talented player. You have to have and show basic respect for your opponent in sport. Doesn't mean you can't think they're a cunt or have political views about the country they're from but this sort of thing is pathetic.
...and yet the World will be wanking over him in a global reacharound tonight...

Go figure?!

Harry Kane meanwhile has a lisp, plays for a so called Jewish club, and DARED to claim a goal he thought was his...

THERE'S your difference!

Back
Top Bottom