Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Towards the end of last season he looked good, him and Adebayor were playing relatively well together. But before then he looked way out of his depth, looked clumsy and weak on the ball, but now he's on a different planet. He has improved beyond recognition to the point where he isn't even the same player.

It's a joy to watch. Long may it continue. Harry Kane, he's one of our own.

Those comments were contextually right at the time so the revisionism is slightly
odd, imv

I'm sure everyone is happy to be proven wrong on Harry - what a great little player he's turning out to be for us

I for one, have lots of time for Kane - unfair expectations and prejudice, much like with other academy products have created a false perception of a 'failure'. For fucks sake, he's still in his formative years!

Many FM fanboys and similar internet forum experts seem to have written him off already - ridiculous all-round bearing in mind he's hardly even been given the confidence associated with a consecutive run of games/starts for any striker (7/10+) and the fact he only turned 20 last month

Hope he stays on this season as 4th choice and receives good experience in the cups, etc. - in addition to training with AVB and the squad as opposed to some 2nd league cloggers up north

Those comments were contextually right at the time so the revisionism is slightly
odd, imv

I'm sure everyone is happy to be proven wrong on Harry - what a great little player he's turning out to be for us

I was looking at the first few comments on Kane and he definatley splits opinion initially but as above even if you didn't rate him from the get go you didn't write him off (first quote), I thought he looked quite a clever player from the start after being told by Bush Hill Spurs to keep an eye on him although his power and speed have massively improved this season.

It's nice when you instincts on a player get proven correct but fair play to everyone who has admitted he proved them wrong, much better for a player to prove you wrong and be great then prove you right and be shit. It's for Kane, Bentaleb and Mason that we should give the likes of Pritchard, Carroll and Winks time.

Last edited:
One year later.....
If you had watched him at the time, you'd have seen what I meant.

To be honest, his touch is still dodgy, half the time i dont know if he has laid it off or controlled it badly.

He's had a few decent performances, lets not swing too far the other way now.....

Coming on really well. I don't think we should get carried away, still young and needs to be looked after.
He's not really quick but gathers momentum on the move with his size and strength, gets him away from defenders well.
Great eye for goal.

I think that Kane has a great future at our club, but we still need to get another striker. We already have an injury prone Mason that could use a rest and Kane is probably getting to the point that he should sit out a match. My suggestion would be to start Robbie solo against Crystal Palace and let Bentaleb and Dembele start there as well. An injury to Kane right now would be devastating, and even though it's inevitable, if we can keep it from being fatigue based it would help.

One thing that is slightly discouraging is that he seemingly goes down somewhat easily in the box. I'm not saying he's diving, each of the last two times he certainly lost his balance, I'm just not sure that he really needed to go all the way over. I'm also thinking that staying up ala Lennon having his foot stepped on this past week might be a more sure fire way to get a call these days. What with everyone rolling around in feigned agony just to get a call. Though that last part has nothing to do with Harry and more of the game in general.

Kane needs looking after properly, but I think the last thing he needs to be doing right now is missing out on games. Especially in the form he is in right now, he's building confidence and momentum.

Back
Top Bottom