Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always liked the fella for the three and a bit years he has been going out with my cousin.
Always see him over the Xmas period for a beer (lemonade for him). Will be a good year this time to see him on the back of these performances.

But on a non biased note, I've seen him play at Hotspur way in most of the youth games and he always had that intelligent play which others didn't.

Really hope it works out for him as you couldn't find a more down to earth fella.

There's me thinking you were the talent spotter genius, our very own THFC scout and it turns out he's with your cousin. Seriously though, good to see a young Spurs fans dreams come true.

Hes gained a yard of pace in the last 18 months and is two footed and plays with wing mirrors on. Him mason and nabil were fucking outstanding yesterday. Just goes to show.... Players who know each other can be gold dust

BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs Kane has been playing for the England U21 but Ireland are apparently after him for the full team cos his dad's suppose to be Irish or something, I assume he wants to remain with England or are you not privy to that info?

BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs Kane has been playing for the England U21 but Ireland are apparently after him for the full team cos his dad's suppose to be Irish or something, I assume he wants to remain with England or are you not privy to that info?

Wouldn't happen at the moment because of his run of form, however money talks and you still get paid for playing for the national team so could happen if the England call up isnt forthcoming.
It's not ALL about money though. He just wants to always be playing football.

Can't fault him really, and I'm not criticising - but I do wish he'd look up sometimes and think about a pass. Guess he's young and that compsure might follow. After one of his runs yesterday - which was superb - there was the chance of a little throughball or play it out wide - but he hit a pass to the keeper. I don't want him doing an Andros everytime.
Otherwise, keep up the great work.

Can't fault him really, and I'm not criticising - but I do wish he'd look up sometimes and think about a pass. Guess he's young and that compsure might follow. After one of his runs yesterday - which was superb - there was the chance of a little throughball or play it out wide - but he hit a pass to the keeper. I don't want him doing an Andros everytime.
Otherwise, keep up the great work.

He was a bit shot happy yesterday but when you're on a run of form like he is you want him shooting as much as possible. Our equalizer came off one of his shots too. Andros problem was he wasn't scoring or creating naf all but kept hogging the ball but if you're banging them in by all means let the shots fly.

Harry is showing glimpses of real brilliance and if he carries on he will have to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Blowing my mind a little bit at this early stage of his first team career.

He was a bit shot happy yesterday but when you're on a run of form like he is you want him shooting as much as possible. Our equalizer came off one of his shots too. Andros problem was he wasn't scoring or creating naf all but kept hogging the ball but if you're banging them in by all means let the shots fly.
yes fair enough, and wouldn't want him to curb his enthusiasm in any way.

Anyone up for some nostalgia..?

Harrys style reminds me of this guy

PrebenElkjaer420.jpg

Cartilage Free Captain was so good as to provide a link to a Leicester forum from back when Kane was on loan to them. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/88327-kane/

Some notables:
"Dreadful player. No idea how he got a 4 year contract at Spurs."
"Control is awful, looks like he cant be bothered to jump most of the time"
"His first touch is absolutely dogshit, he's slow, he can't head the ball, his free kick was the worst of the lot. If i was Waghorn or Vardy i'd be livid."
"No idea why we signed Kane? As I said the first time I saw him play. Bizarre decision."
"People will say this is ridiculous but he is one of the worst players i have ever seen in a LCFC shirt. Pitiful. Why he came on i don't know."
"Kane has been shit most of the time since he arrived, never in a million years would I want to see him here again."

Cartilage Free Captain was so good as to provide a link to a Leicester forum from back when Kane was on loan to them. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/88327-kane/

Some notables:
"Dreadful player. No idea how he got a 4 year contract at Spurs."
"Control is awful, looks like he cant be bothered to jump most of the time"
"His first touch is absolutely dogshit, he's slow, he can't head the ball, his free kick was the worst of the lot. If i was Waghorn or Vardy i'd be livid."
"No idea why we signed Kane? As I said the first time I saw him play. Bizarre decision."
"People will say this is ridiculous but he is one of the worst players i have ever seen in a LCFC shirt. Pitiful. Why he came on i don't know."
"Kane has been shit most of the time since he arrived, never in a million years would I want to see him here again."

I continue to have trouble understanding the value of the loan system for youngsters. It works on occasion (Pritchard comes to mind) but a lot of times it seems like it is just throwing a young kid into an unfamiliar situation playing less technical football than they are used to. Look at the success that Bentaleb, Mason, and Kane have had just playing in the first team. Kane and Mason both had some rough loans as well. Even Tommy Carroll has never reached the same level of success he had in AVB's first season when he was playing semi-regularly at Spurs as a sub and in cups.

For me, especially with technical players, we need to use the loan system in a more discerning fashion. We've seen that these youth players have the ability to break into our team especially in regards to technical ability. Maybe it is easier for defenders who need to embrace the more physical aspect of the game (Caulker did well) but IMO it seems counterproductive in many cases.

I continue to have trouble understanding the value of the loan system for youngsters. It works on occasion (Pritchard comes to mind) but a lot of times it seems like it is just throwing a young kid into an unfamiliar situation playing less technical football than they are used to. Look at the success that Bentaleb, Mason, and Kane have had just playing in the first team. Kane and Mason both had some rough loans as well. Even Tommy Carroll has never reached the same level of success he had in AVB's first season when he was playing semi-regularly at Spurs as a sub and in cups.

For me, especially with technical players, we need to use the loan system in a more discerning fashion. We've seen that these youth players have the ability to break into our team especially in regards to technical ability. Maybe it is easier for defenders who need to embrace the more physical aspect of the game (Caulker did well) but IMO it seems counterproductive in many cases.
I think it is more to build mental strength than anything else

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feared Kane just wasn't first-team material. Looked like a Champ-level trier.
By fuck was I wrong. Absolutely love the fearlessness, just so direct. Rubs off on everyone around (like I did yesterday evening).

Back
Top Bottom