Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched us getting played off the park against Utd, Wolves, Chelsea, scrape past Brighton and get and scrape a draw against Norwich and lose to Southampton all with Kane playing and half of those with BOTH Son & Kane playing together!

Ordinarily, it would be great to see him play, but nothing that had preceded under Jose indicates that his football would be any better if Kane and/or Son are playing.

What are you drawing on that having him back changes our performances?
It's just common sense that if you replace one player with a better one (i.e. Kane), the team is going to be better for it, even if the tactics are utter garbage and not fit for purpose (I'm not sure where I stand personally on that last point). A hypothetical team of world class players set up with bad tactics will still spank most teams, even if those teams have superior tactics. Jose can muzzle Kane but he can't take away his technical ability.

You mention those dire matches but I raise you 3 vital points won in the CL group stage (Kane's goals literally account for the entire points swing between Spurs and Olympiakos), winners against West Ham, Southampton, Aston Villa and Brighton (only considering open play), and worldies against Burnley, Leicester and Red Star. Those are the kind of contributions you get back again.

Your hope should be targeted towards our defence, not our attack.

An area of the pitch in which we don’t have any injuries and yet it's our biggest problem.

Mourinho has now managed 25 matches and things aren’t improving defensively. The number of clean sheets in his first 25 matches at each club:
Chelsea – 17
Inter – 10
Real Madrid – 15
Chelsea – 10
Manchester United – 9
Tottenham – 3
When it's the defence that he built his entire career off, the biggest worry has to surely be that one of the most defensive, pragmatic football coaches in World football can't even get his teams to defend anymore.
Or we need a new defence.

It's just common sense that if you replace one player with a better one (i.e. Kane), the team is going to be better for it, even if the tactics are utter garbage and not fit for purpose (I'm not sure where I stand personally on that last point). A hypothetical team of world class players set up with bad tactics will still spank most teams, even if those teams have superior tactics. Jose can muzzle Kane but he can't take away his technical ability.

You mention those dire matches but I raise you 3 vital points won in the CL group stage (Kane's goals literally account for the entire points swing between Spurs and Olympiakos), winners against West Ham, Southampton, Aston Villa and Brighton (only considering open play), and worldies against Burnley, Leicester and Red Star. Those are the kind of contributions you get back again.
We will have to buy a good replacement.

Kane hasn’t said a word. About anything. Interviews or otherwise. Yet the media are rolling with he wants to go to fucking United? Lol.

It could quite easily be avoided with a mention though. We all think Aubameyang is a cunt, but the fucker has said that he basically doesn’t need trophies to ratify his ability or legacy.

There is no point. I can't remember a season that Kane hasn't been linked with a move away due to trophies. If he comes out and says it they will just twist his words.

"the Man Utd target was quick to distance himself from any rumours much like Bale before going to RM"

What do you propose?
Sell Kane, buy a defence and play like crystal Palace?
But seriously JM will know who he wants. He seems to be fixated on some £80m centre half in Real Madrid squad! Smalling would be good short term but I like the guy at RB Leipzig, tho he is unlikely to come. New RB and not Aarons. LB as sess is not up to it. Good DM ESSENTIAL. Alder was a strange panic decision as he looks slow now, Tanganga could be a genius answer if coached well.

Sell Kane, buy a defence and play like crystal Palace?
But seriously JM will know who he wants. He seems to be fixated on some £80m centre half in Real Madrid squad! Smalling would be good short term but I like the guy at RB Leipzig, tho he is unlikely to come. New RB and not Aarons. LB as sess is not up to it. Good DM ESSENTIAL. Alder was a strange panic decision as he looks slow now, Tanganga could be a genius answer if coached well.
Who's making way for these defenders?

How many of those clubs did he join mid season, when they were already playing like dogshit? If the players aren't up to it, and they clearly weren't before Poch was sacked, then you can't pin all of that on Mourinho
You would like small improvements thought right? I mean he has plenty of defenders so it's not injuries . Whilst I wouldn't expect him to turn is into title winners in a few months I would expect a tightening of the defence and somewhat of a settled back four.
It's got worse though hasn't it? Quite a bit worse.

If he bows out after one bad season I'd question his loyalty personally.

He'll give it one or two more years me thinks. It's not like he is on a short term deal.

Exactly. He's not going anywhere and especially at the moment. Anyone that knows Harry Kane or has followed his career knows that at the moment he is focusing on one thing and that is getting fit to play football. Anyone thinking that he is contemplating leaving the club right now needs to give their heads a wobble.

Back
Top Bottom