Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What???????????????????
T2 maybe the best film of all time.

tumblr_pewpoztlG31wzvt9qo1_540.gifv

Last edited:
Crossposting my own reply to the Ndombele thread because it's more of a Kane post:

I do see your point but the situations between Kane and Ndombele are very different. Kane has already proven himself over and over again. We know that if he can only give 90% for most of a match at the moment or if he tails off after 60 minutes, he's worth persevering with anyway because he needs that match fitness after a very serious injury break.

And even while he's at 80 or 90%, he can still score match-winning goals and make the difference. Despite his entirely understandable suboptimal fitness at the moment, he's bagged 4 goals since the restart (very unlucky not to have at least 5) while winning 5 points for the team.

Nobody could do his job better at the moment. Nobody else on the team has scored more than 2 goals since the restart, suggesting that everyone (including most of the rest of the league) is re-finding their shooting boots (only it's much harder for Kane).

With the current fixture density, staying at 80% may well be what he's instructed to do. In fact, I'm convinced that Kane is indeed receiving game-by-game instructions on energy conservation. He needs to manage his stamina coming off the back of his worst ever injury to play a game every 2.5 days! It shouldn't really be happening and yet it's also the most sensible thing to do for the club under the circumstances (if we want a hope in hell of Europe).

To some extent, I think we should just be happy that Kane's come back from a potentially career-ending injury: he's still able to sprint, able to at least run for most of a match despite inhuman fixture congestion, and now he's scoring like he used to. The club's not a charity but if anyone has a case for being allowed the rest of the season as a write-off, it's Kane (fortunately, he isn't treating it as a write-off and his stats reflect that). Ndombele is a long way off deserving the same latitude -- in no small part because we don't know him well enough to know if he'd still try his best like Kane.

Can we push him harder? I would if i was manager
He's just back from a serious injury that needed surgery, and he still manages to get 20+ goals, and the service he gets isn't exactly top notch. How much harder do you want to push? The guy is flesh and bones, not a machine. If anyone deserves some slack, it's H. If/when he leaves, it's going to be a sad day.

Can we push him harder? I would if i was manager
I think if he stays injury free he will push himself harder , the best thing we can do for him is get someone to compete with him for his place or even to just give him a rest every. Now and again, Kane wants to play every minute of every game though but it’s for his own good sometimes that he doesn’t , even more so with his injury record

If anyone deserves some slack, it's H. If/when he leaves, it's going to be a sad day.
The guy should be a living legend to all Spurs fans. Represented the club as well as anyone could (still gets immense hate from his own country), I've never ever had to question if he's putting in 100%.

I said this yesterday too but I also think he's one of the most consistent players. One, his goalscoring numbers are just ridiculous. Two, his link up play has been great recently. Can spread the ball anywhere and playing some nice football in tight areas.

The guy should be a living legend to all Spurs fans. Represented the club as well as anyone could (still gets immense hate from his own country), I've never ever had to question if he's putting in 100%.

I said this yesterday too but I also think he's one of the most consistent players. One, his goalscoring numbers are just ridiculous. Two, his link up play has been great recently. Can spread the ball anywhere and playing some nice football in tight areas.

As far as I'm concerned, if he leaves for a bigger club like Madrid etc then fair play, can't argue with it. Will always have my respect as a spurs legend.

If he goes to Woolwich or Chelsea (he won't, obviously) then he's sub-human scum. Never going to happen though.

Ideally he spends the rest of his career with us though, obviously!

As far as I'm concerned, if he leaves for a bigger club like Madrid etc then fair play, can't argue with it. Will always have my respect as a spurs legend.

If he goes to Woolwich or Chelsea (he won't, obviously) then he's sub-human scum. Never going to happen though.

Ideally he spends the rest of his career with us though, obviously!
I genuinely don't think he'd ever consider Woolwich or Chelsea.

Utd or City maybe.

He could go play at any club in the world, bar maybe Bayern because they already have Lewandowski.

I genuinely don't think he'd ever consider Woolwich or Chelsea.

Utd or City maybe.

He could go play at any club in the world, bar maybe Bayern because they already have Lewandowski.

Agreed.

If did go somewhere like City, I truly believe it would be because he wants to win things, rather than because he is chasing the money.

Back
Top Bottom