Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chill out, lads. It really is too hot!

Speaking of things that are mildly annoying, I'm starting to get slightly irritated with the very vocal bandwagon "supporters" who follow the club only for Son. In this "goal of the summer" thing for best goal since the restart (see video below), it looks like Son's going to win yet another award. (Just look at the comments on that video: 90% of them are about Son, yet less than 10% of them are actually about the quality of the goals..)

Son probably deserved most of, if not all of, the end of season awards but he wouldn't deserve this one. Kane's second goal against Leicester is clearly, objectively the best in terms of execution, aesthetic value, of "how difficult was it to score?" -- and it isn't even close.

Son's chip was great and so was his other goal (though Kane scored an almost identical one against Crystal Palace, making both less remarkable). Nevertheless, only Kane's second against Leicester was truly special (using, say, the benchmark of whether it would get into a MOTD goal of the month compilation, or whether it would make an average football fan say "wow" -- which is literally what one of the commentators said at the time). If the YT comments are anything to go by, Son will win on popularity, and that tastes a bit sour.

As you were.

Their goals resemble each others Kane and Sons. It is obvious they have rubbed off in positive way to become the great players they are now. I just really hope the team could step up from the dogmatic "Harry Kane team" and win together at least one before one leaves.

Not a football history buff but I reckon Kanes been on arecord pace for becoming the highest scorer in UK history? I think he could become the greatest player in England football history ever bc he'll probably add huge number of assists later on his career as his scoring notches down. Maybe that is where he could win a championship or two

I think he could become the greatest player in England football history ever bc he'll probably add huge number of assists later on his career as his scoring notches down.
I love Kane, but he doesn't even come close to Bobby Charlton for instance. Probably around 10-15, which is still pretty great.

So no pre season mins for Kane and so will he play 90 mins in both internationals or will Southgate have to limit his playing time due to him not being match fit. Will have to see but hope he does only play a limited role.

Love Lloris but Kane should be captain. No question.

It is a little weird watching him be clearly the vocal leader of the dressing room in this Amazon thing, as well as the best player, as well as his national team captain, and not have the armband.

Lloris seems to command a lot of respect, including from Kane, and he's the guy who's been around the longest and been to the mountaintop of the sport, but still.

It is a little weird watching him be clearly the vocal leader of the dressing room in this Amazon thing, as well as the best player, as well as his national team captain, and not have the armband.

Lloris seems to command a lot of respect, including from Kane, and he's the guy who's been around the longest and been to the mountaintop of the sport, but still.

Lloris was out injured for those games shown in the amazon doc.

So no pre season mins for Kane and so will he play 90 mins in both internationals or will Southgate have to limit his playing time due to him not being match fit. Will have to see but hope he does only play a limited role.

For once giving Kane time in an England shirt might benefit us, the Covid quarantine has limited his availability in friendlies so getting some actual game time in his legs should be a positive.

I’m surprised with the amount of swearing and passion, given his normal quiet demeanour on the pitch.

In this documentary I also liked him calling the team out to Jose and Serge’s annoyance with a lack of box options.

I’m surprised with the amount of swearing and passion, given his normal quiet demeanour on the pitch.

In this documentary I also liked him calling the team out to Jose and Serge’s annoyance with a lack of box options.

Haha I thought it was totally cringe. So out of character and like 'ok, I should probably shout a bit and throw in the odd fuck'. About as inspiring as a wet flannel. Horses for courses, as a striker he a goal machine, possibly the GOAT. But inspiring the troops over the top? Hes more Capt Blackadder.

Back
Top Bottom