Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s fantastic that more attention is being drawn to mental health struggles and I’m sure this venture will bring help to many, but the short film is a bit…..odd.

It’s basically Harry saying ‘shit, I had to go on loan, which sucked, but I worked hard and now look how many awards I’ve won!’.

It doesn’t really demonstrate a sensible grasp of what mental health and depression is. His comparison is almost banal.

Again, really not a criticism and it’s a great thing to see it being recognised.

Just feels like an odd approach.

It’s fantastic that more attention is being drawn to mental health struggles and I’m sure this venture will bring help to many, but the short film is a bit…..odd.

It’s basically Harry saying ‘shit, I had to go on loan, which sucked, but I worked hard and now look how many awards I’ve won!’.

It doesn’t really demonstrate a sensible grasp of what mental health and depression is. His comparison is almost banal.

Again, really not a criticism and it’s a great thing to see it being recognised.

Just feels like an odd approach.
Couldn’t agree with you more...all this film shows is a man with zero mental health issues very little frailty and total self belief doing exactly what he set out to do. Lol!!!

I watched with the kids, he started as flat as one of his post match interviews but he did grew into the story.
Let’s have Graham Souness doing the Jackanory Xmas Special next

73-DD1-D95-5866-4-EEF-8-F94-21-B0-C51-EC7-EB.jpg

Conte said no one can play all 7 games including Kane.
Matches coming up
Fulham,
M City,
2 CL matches
Leicester
Interesting that he did exactly this anyway. Key player, I suppose. Say what you want about his performances but his goals alone have already won 13(!!) points for Spurs this season, so it was a worthwhile decision.

I've been watching some golden era Kane matches recently, including, last night, the 6-1 against Leicester where he scored four. Honestly, he's a tiny bit slower and presses a tiny bit less nowadays, but that's not the difference at all. That's all being exaggerated. What struck me is actually how little his individual play has changed, in quality and nature, compared to how we imagine it.

The big difference that I'm seeing is really the team and two factors in particular: (a) the overall quality of the players on the pitch used to be so much higher relative to the contemporaneous opposition and (b) the team used to be so much more forward-thinking, attack-minded, and quick with the pass (all of which gave Kane more of the ball and more chances to do something with it, which has been a rare feature this season). In 2016/17 and 17/18, the team was always looking forward, immediately looking for the progressive pass, and the midfield was constantly attempting to move the ball up the pitch and get it into the forwards (even without Eriksen in the team). And the one-touch passing and interplay was much, much more rapid and fluid. Either the ability or the chemistry to pull off those sweeping forward moves no longer seems to be present -- nowadays you're more likely to see Spurs defenders making those sick passing chains at the back than at the front.

Like many people, I was starting to wonder if Kane was over the hill, but I no longer believe that to be the case. The amount of pace and stamina he's lost is small and almost insignificant. The small loss in pressing readiness and aggression may well be tactical, since I'm comparing the Poch years to Kane under Conte/Jose in an era in which Kane clearly has a careful stamina management plan. Anyone who thinks him jogging around the pitch is a new thing or that he used to be substantially faster should go rewatch a match from 2017, which was arguably his personal peak as a striker. You'll find that the way the team plays is far more of a shock than Kane. In fact, you'll probably be surprised by just how little Kane has really changed.

It's really unbelievable. I still think he's going to overhaul Shearer and yet it appears a contingent of our own fucking fans are going to be leading the way in questioning whether Kane actually did anything of note.

Best player in the league after Haaland.

It's really unbelievable. I still think he's going to overhaul Shearer and yet it appears a contingent of our own fucking fans are going to be leading the way in questioning whether Kane actually did anything of note.

Best player in the league after Haaland.

Fuck off Haaland is better than Kane

Put that giant robot up front in our team, let see if he's getting a goal a game...

I kept looking at Kane this season and wondered how or why he'd got so slow. Like, pitifully slow. He wasn't always like that.
It wasn't until the last few games where it dawned on me what I was seeing.
He can't run at any speed with the ball. He's not a slow runner at all. But give him the ball on the halfway line and watch him try to run with it.
Son is fast with a ball. Almost as fast as without out.
Kane looks like he's had his legs tied together.

It's got me thinking, if he's that slow with the ball at his feet, then there's absolutely no point passing to him in the middle of the pitch if he's the furthest man forward. He rarely gets anywhere at that point.
If his other forwards are deep he needs to be further up. Or it needs to be a proper give and go move, into Kane, carry on running, let him play it straight back through.

Anyone, on another note, is there a "Not Erling Haaland Golden Boot" this year?

Back
Top Bottom