Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3q05gc.jpg

I've heard of a breast or a leg man... but never JUST a lower leg and foot man! That is fucking warped...

...the fuck is wrong with you?

He's still young so he can get more benefit from a loan then he can from 10mins every so often. He needs to play at PL level. He's not going to get that time at Spurs because we need strikers who are the finished product right now.

I agree, saw him play a few times in the Europa League and my general opinion after that was that he was never going to be good enough for Spurs. However, I thought his control and hold up play in the friendly looked good, better than ever before--even though he fluffed one of his chances. (Actually also thought Townsend looked a lot better as well). Perhaps this will be his breakout year, but not with Spurs--he hasn't shown enough yet to get a serious look in.

Tommy Carroll, 12 games at Leyton Orients in 2011, 12 at Derby in 2012, was given plenty of time off the bench last year and he has performed brilliantly.
At Milwall Kane scored 10 in 28 after playing the majority of games behind the striker or at LM. So why not give him at least a few games off the bench in cups?
I think he needs to be given a run in some cup games but he is getting a little bit of a reputation for fluffing his lines at a higher level. Most recently, he missed some absolute sitters during the U20 WC this summer (having said that, our management in that tournament was atrocious, but you have to take your chances).

Something needs to be done to get him his goals back or he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance, he's got some clever movement and seems to find chances for himself, but his conversion rate since taking the step up has been pretty poor. Everyone is still creaming themselves about the kid that bossed the academy leagues but it hasn't translated yet.

Best thing for me is to put him in a strong side against week opposition. You want to get his confidence up? Play him in the first round league cup but give him strong, cohesive support and let him get a hat full, then see how he does after that, rather than sticking a load of other kids in there and saying "Oh Well" when they draw 1-1.

I think he needs to be given a run in some cup games but he is getting a little bit of a reputation for fluffing his lines at a higher level. Most recently, he missed some absolute sitters during the U20 WC this summer (having said that, our management in that tournament was atrocious, but you have to take your chances).

Something needs to be done to get him his goals back or he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance, he's got some clever movement and seems to find chances for himself, but his conversion rate since taking the step up has been pretty poor. Everyone is still creaming themselves about the kid that bossed the academy leagues but it hasn't translated yet.

Best thing for me is to put him in a strong side against week opposition. You want to get his confidence up? Play him in the first round league cup but give him strong, cohesive support and let him get a hat full, then see how he does after that, rather than sticking a load of other kids in there and saying "Oh Well" when they draw 1-1.
Or give him big ears, Bruce Forsyths chin and a shit haircut, and send him to Madrid in a Bale shirt.
He'd score more times than Brad Pitt at a nymphomaniacs convention.

he'll end up at Norwich or Leyton
They wouldnt have him back at Norwich, he found no utility out here in the East and more suited to a mid-to-upper championship team than to be considered as our 4th choice. I hate the idea of keeping these youngsters as seat warmers (especially if we run a 1 traditional CF role this season) because that's what he will get used to. Either give him sole resposibilities for the cup games and admitt the Prem is too valuable to give him a run out or loan him out so he can get game time.

I hadn't seen much of him before but I was quite impressed with his little cameo yesterday and thought he looked quite tidy and composed when he got the ball(not often). I've heard he prefers to play behind the striker rather than be the striker, and he played left wing when he came on so could be a good rotation player in the future if he continues to develop.

Thoughts?

I hadn't seen much of him before but I was quite impressed with his little cameo yesterday and thought he looked quite tidy and composed when he got the ball(not often). I've heard he prefers to play behind the striker rather than be the striker, and he played left wing when he came on so could be a good rotation player in the future if he continues to develop.

Thoughts?

His best position is indeed in an attacking No.10 role- IMO he's quite Rooneyesque when utilized properly, dropping deep to participate in buildup, and scoring and assisting with equal confidence. But he can play across the front four in a 4-2-3-1 and could be of use in any of these positions if he plays up to his potential.

I have been closely following Harry since his Millwall days.

His preferred position is sitting behind the striker, similar to the Rooney role. Drifting back to the midfield picking up the ball and sending the outright striker through on goal.
This is where the Millwall manager Kenny Jackett deployed him when he had his spell there and it paid dividends for him because that was where he was most successful. Hitting in a few decent goals and assists. He won their young player of the year award and was wanted back again, but unfortunately the youth team hierachy at Spurs sent him to Norwich where it was not the best of loan spells shall we say...
They already had 3-4 strikers and only played a 4-5-1 system home and away.

When he came back from Norwich he went to Leicester where again they had established strikers already within their squad. Good strikers too, Nugent, Chris wood, etc..
If you dont score within a few games the fans will be calling for their favourites to be on the pitch rather than the Spurs youngster who will be gone by the end of the season...

I watched him play at the training centre also enough times to see how he plays and from what I have seen it is good stuff. We play the 4-3-3 even at youth level and with Obika in front of him, it was assist galore and he also netted a hat trick against Manchester City.

Will be interesting to see whether or not he will go out on loan this year. If he does, getting the right club is paramount as we are reaching a crucial developement stage.

I have been closely following Harry since his Millwall days.

His preferred position is sitting behind the striker, similar to the Rooney role. Drifting back to the midfield picking up the ball and sending the outright striker through on goal.
This is where the Millwall manager Kenny Jackett deployed him when he had his spell there and it paid dividends for him because that was where he was most successful. Hitting in a few decent goals and assists. He won their young player of the year award and was wanted back again, but unfortunately the youth team hierachy at Spurs sent him to Norwich where it was not the best of loan spells shall we say...
They already had 3-4 strikers and only played a 4-5-1 system home and away.

When he came back from Norwich he went to Leicester where again they had established strikers already within their squad. Good strikers too, Nugent, Chris wood, etc..
If you dont score within a few games the fans will be calling for their favourites to be on the pitch rather than the Spurs youngster who will be gone by the end of the season...

I watched him play at the training centre also enough times to see how he plays and from what I have seen it is good stuff. We play the 4-3-3 even at youth level and with Obika in front of him, it was assist galore and he also netted a hat trick against Manchester City.

Will be interesting to see whether or not he will go out on loan this year. If he does, getting the right club is paramount as we are reaching a crucial developement stage.

Wasn't he unlucky With injuries at Norwich? I saw he made a couple of appearances early on

Back
Top Bottom