Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aside from the obvious Tommy Carroll and BAE, not really. The squad is full of failed Prem (and Spurs) players and not really the calibre we would want for Sherwood/LvG/Poccetino/Laudrup/Hodgeson/Redknapp etc. to take us to Premier League glory next season. Remy is the only possible, and that's a long-shot.

Youth team is pish as well from what I can tell.

Aside from the obvious Tommy Carroll and BAE, not really. The squad is full of failed Prem (and Spurs) players and not really the calibre we would want for Sherwood/LvG/Poccetino/Laudrup/Hodgeson/Redknapp etc. to take us to Premier League glory next season. Remy is the only possible, and that's a long-shot.

Youth team is pish as well from what I can tell.

Like Remy alot, would take him if we can't get Benteke, as you say the rest forget it.

Think it depends on who we get in the summer as boss. If we are going to stick with 'one up top' would Remy be happy rotating with Ade/Soldado for the one space? Not sure he would.

I personally don't want Remy near the club. Wants to be paid and played more than he's actually worth, as shown recently by his attitude towards newcastle.

Rather get Benteke or Bony

Goalkeepers
  1. 1Green
  2. 26Murphy
  3. 41Lennox
Defenders
  1. 2Simpson
  2. 3Traore
  3. 5Dunne
  4. 6Hill
  5. 13Yun
  6. 15Onuoha
  7. 18Hughes
  8. 21Young
  9. 28Ehmer
  10. 37Sendles-White
  11. 39Assou-Ekotto
  12. Donaldson
Midfielders
  1. 4Morrison
  2. 7Phillips
  3. 10Carroll
  4. 11Wright-Phillips
  5. 16Jenas
  6. 17Barton
  7. 19Kranjcar
  8. 20Henry
  9. 22Ephraim
  10. 23Hoilett
  11. 30Sutherland
  12. 32Faurlin
  13. 35Benayoun
  14. 36O'Neil
  15. Balanta
  16. Gibbons
  17. Carreiro
  18. Andrade
Forwards
  1. 8Johnson
  2. 9Austin
  3. 12Keane
  4. 14Doyle
  5. 25Zamora
  6. 34Sharif
  7. 40Maiga
  8. 49Augusto Alves Dellatorre
  9. Pattie
Austin is talented, probably not what we need.
Faurlin impressed last season, again not somewhere we are short though.
And I really liked Hoillett at Blackburn, obviously he has gone right off the boil but I wonder if a move would work in his favour.

Basically, nothing of note :ade:

I personally don't want Remy near the club. Wants to be paid and played more than he's actually worth, as shown recently by his attitude towards newcastle.

Rather get Benteke or Bony

Agree with that, Bony and Benteke would be fantastic additions, but if we can't get them Remy is a powerful quick proven goalscorer and we kind of desperately need that when we have only one effective forward at the club right now. Benteke, Bony and Remy are my forward choices during the summer because they score goals, offer alot around the park in terms of holding up the ball, link up play and most importantly are under the radar of teams like City and Chelsea so we are pretty much the biggest team wanting them.

Goalkeepers
  1. 1Green
  2. 26Murphy
  3. 41Lennox
Defenders
  1. 2Simpson
  2. 3Traore
  3. 5Dunne
  4. 6Hill
  5. 13Yun
  6. 15Onuoha
  7. 18Hughes
  8. 21Young
  9. 28Ehmer
  10. 37Sendles-White
  11. 39Assou-Ekotto
  12. Donaldson
Midfielders
  1. 4Morrison
  2. 7Phillips
  3. 10Carroll
  4. 11Wright-Phillips
  5. 16Jenas
  6. 17Barton
  7. 19Kranjcar
  8. 20Henry
  9. 22Ephraim
  10. 23Hoilett
  11. 30Sutherland
  12. 32Faurlin
  13. 35Benayoun
  14. 36O'Neil
  15. Balanta
  16. Gibbons
  17. Carreiro
  18. Andrade
Forwards
  1. 8Johnson
  2. 9Austin
  3. 12Keane
  4. 14Doyle
  5. 25Zamora
  6. 34Sharif
  7. 40Maiga
  8. 49Augusto Alves Dellatorre
  9. Pattie
Austin is talented, probably not what we need.
Faurlin impressed last season, again not somewhere we are short though.
And I really liked Hoillett at Blackburn, obviously he has gone right off the boil but I wonder if a move would work in his favour.

Basically, nothing of note :ade:

Wow... could actually make 3 full starting lineups from that squad

Lost again today. Leicester are promoted by virtue of Derby and QPR losing and being shit

Table is thusly

1 - Leicester City 89pts
2 - Burnley 80pts
-------------------------------
3 - Queens Park Rangers 70pts
4 - Derby County 69pts
5 - Wigan Athletic 67pts
6 - Reading 63pts
-------------------------------
7 - Nottingham Forest 58pts

Something like 6 games left for that lot, which is 18 points to play for. QPR are a massive 19 behind Leicester now, Redknapp being done over by Pearson a little there!

I can't see them sneaking 2nd, especially on their form, but also they only need to win one game I reckon (if that) to have a P/O place in the bag as Forest are unlikely to get more than 12 points from 6 games (they lost today too and have no manager until summer).

Fixtures left, with current placing:

Blackburn A (11th)
Nottm Forest H (7th)
Leicester A (1st)
Watford H (12th)
Millwall H (23rd)
Barnsley A (22nd)

On paper some easy fixtures, but easier said than done. the'd need to win all 6 to stand a chance of 2nd, and I severely doubt they'll get anything at Leceister or Blackburn (both unbeaten in last 6)

Wouldn't even fancy their chances for play offs tbh

Knees Up Mother Brown
Mediawatch had been under the impression that Harry Redknapp had resigned from QPR due to knee problems; we'd been under that impression because Redknapp said as much.

"I need immediate surgery," said Redknapp on February 3. "If I can't give 100%, it's better for someone else to take over. I have had such a fantastic time at QPR. I would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff."

Fast-forward two months, and Harry seems to have changed his tune on why he left. Fancy that.

"I always thought I had everyone pulling with me and suddenly I felt some were and some weren't," 'Arry told BBC Sport on Thursday. "I just got a bit tired of all that day to day, game to game, never knowing who was on my side and who wasn't. I've never experienced that at a club before. As soon as we lost a few games, it would begin. I always thought there was someone mischievous causing it."

So it was unnamed 'mischief' to blame for Redknapp leaving, not his knees. We've missed you, Henry J.

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/9798024/Mediawatch

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/9879632/Mediawatch

Director's Cut
Harry Redknapp has been on Twitter around 24 hours and he's already tripping himself up. We're not hugely shocked.

In an interview with Kicca (us neither) that was published through 'Arry's Twitter account, our man advised West Ham of the best way forward with their new manager.

"I'd like to see him [Rio Ferdinand] as manager of West Ham. I'd go with him as director of football - that would be a good partnership."

It's an interesting take, Harry. Particularly from a man who said this in November 2014 on the subject of Directors of Football:

"It totally undermines your role as manager if you're not picking the players. It's a joke really that you are expected to work with someone else's players. It's all very well someone recommending players to you but when they don't work out, it's your head on the block.

"I'm just not in favour of that. As a manager I have to select the players, train them every day and make decisions. To expect me to work with players someone else has decided I want is a nonsense. I want to make my own decisions and rightfully so. If things don't work out fine, I'm responsible for that. But why should I be accountable for someone else's mistakes?"

Someone's changed their tune...

Back
Top Bottom