Harry's Sun column

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you answered your last question with the other paragraphs ;) and yeah I know what you mean, and no I won't say but they are shit, cause they'll be shit as long as they don't have a chance to learn, which under the previous management they never really got. Maybe it's just me with rosetinted glasses on but I still feel it can be done very well if it's done correct. However that's the hard part... for one mentee needs to be willing to learn, and actually make mental notes of what the mentor does no matter if the mentee is playing or on the bench. Secondly, you need a mentor who's willing and able to leave it to the mentee in the 'less difficult' games such as early stages of cups and against bottom sides out of form(no use doing that against a wigan on a roll beating the league leaders etc). Lastly as you said, throw em into the deep end, where they play with an equally inexperienced or less experienced partner so the first player has to step it up!

So all in all, I think we are close to perfect agreement mate! seems like we have close to the same ideas about the subject :coys:

Kalyl said:
you answered your last question with the other paragraphs ;) and yeah I know what you mean, and no I won't say but they are shit, cause they'll be shit as long as they don't have a chance to learn, which under the previous management they never really got. Maybe it's just me with rosetinted glasses on but I still feel it can be done very well if it's done correct. However that's the hard part... for one mentee needs to be willing to learn, and actually make mental notes of what the mentor does no matter if the mentee is playing or on the bench. Secondly, you need a mentor who's willing and able to leave it to the mentee in the 'less difficult' games such as early stages of cups and against bottom sides out of form(no use doing that against a wigan on a roll beating the league leaders etc). Lastly as you said, throw em into the deep end, where they play with an equally inexperienced or less experienced partner so the first player has to step it up!

So all in all, I think we are close to perfect agreement mate! seems like we have close to the same ideas about the subject :coys:

Yeah, there's no real disagreement here. I'm just completely bored and expanding on shit because it's summer and I can't talk about any actual games we're playing in... :klinsmann:

Billyiddo said:
the wage bill is at around 56% of t/o at the moment, compared to around 50% before he arrived. (approx - from memory)

not sure if that's much of a big deal tbh considering our improvement

The club should grow at the same rate as the wage bill........if the team is better the results should match them

no CL with our squad = bye 'arry

HyNdZee said:
Kalyl said:
indeed completely agree Hyndzee, however I feel Gallas was one of them we actually needed, looked a right BOSS when he plays. we've been missing some1 who takes our players by the neck and tells em wtf to do and when they've done something wrong so they don't do it again, and I feel he's done that and might even be able to teach Kab to do it

Hmm you do have a good point about teaching Kaboul, but from Levy's position that is a coaching role. A player is bought to play, and frankly, a lot of our players on high wages don't play enough to have the contracts they have.

If it was just one player it would probably be fine, but having the likes of King, Gallas, Nelson, and Dawson all either crocked or injured when the likes of Caulker are on loan playing every single game for significantly less wages just doesn't make sense.

Really interesting debate lads, and good points raised.....definately sounds like the "different directions" Harry spoke about.

HyNdZee said:
I'm just completely bored and expanding on shit because it's summer and I can't talk about any actual games we're playing in... :klinsmann:
What you were saying about Kaboul was, I think, identical to the situation in which Dawson was last year (maybe you made this point? I'm catching up on a ton of forum…) He seemed unable to be the big dog, and always shined when he had either Gallas or Ledley telling him what to do. So I think you're right--the general has to be the rock. Not the foot soldier.

Back
Top Bottom