Have We Signed Gareth Bale Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Threatening Flame Thrower GIF by Film Riot
to be fair if the midfield can get sorted out with some actual technical competence then the whole team will look a lot brighter. having a good midfield will even make sanchez look less like a donkey.....actually that might be a stretch too far

Can't really see him being a roaring success maybe could get away with him if we had a really good team but for us to be hanging our hat on him at this stage is most certainly a backward step .We will need to do a lot better in the summer than bringing back a guy who while great in his day I feel wouldn't contribute that much .

The simulation is getting lazy lately.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Can we just give him membership to the new golf course and access to our world class facilities instead of salary? I mean if we don't pay a ridiculous wage then this could be smart business while we continue the rebuild no? Am I trying to justify this because I'm emotionally attached to Bale? Yes, this guy who looks like a giant tool with a terrible haircut... Bring him home

Premier League Celebration GIF by Play Sports

Can't really see him being a roaring success maybe could get away with him if we had a really good team but for us to be hanging our hat on him at this stage is most certainly a backward step .We will need to do a lot better in the summer than bringing back a guy who while great in his day I feel wouldn't contribute that much .
I suppose there are different ways of looking at it, but to me, it's absolutely ludicrous to look at this Spurs team and conclude that it wouldn't be improved by even a past it Gareth Bale.

People thought he was half hearted last season, well look at his output then and compare it to a half hearted Harry Kane this season, who doesn't have the excuse of persistant muscle injuries, rustiness due to inactivity and being in and out of the side to hide behind.

A 33 year old Bale might not bring the promise of a glorious era to come, but fuck me it would be nice to have some excitement to look forward to, instead of relying on the likes of Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty as our creative forces.

Don't doubt he is still better than a lot of our current team just would like to see us going for players near enough to their peak and building of team of those rather than trying Bale and hope he negates a few of the current squad who we will be saddled with no doubt .

Don't doubt he is still better than a lot of our current team just would like to see us going for players near enough to their peak and building of team of those rather than trying Bale and hope he negates a few of the current squad who we will be saddled with no doubt .

I don't understand your point here about unshiftable players..... They'll be easier to shift if we don't sign Bale?

Why would we want to go backwards & sign a player who is clearly past his best, has lost his hunger & will spend more time on the treatment table than he will on the pitch. He has just come back from yet another lengthy injury. We need to have a major clear out & rebuild for the future, not look to sign players from our past.

I'd say yes to having him back but it doesn't really look at that good if we are trying to build a system, a new ethos for the club. Our recruitment is a hot mess.

I don't understand your point here about unshiftable players..... They'll be easier to shift if we don't sign Bale?
My expectations for a few quality signings have lowered a bit so fans believing Bale in the present team will have much of an impact is something I would doubt .As I said Bale might do something with a bit of quality around him but don't think with our squad that is going to happen at best for a couple of years .It looks like a slow rebuild hope I am wrong on that one .

My expectations for a few quality signings have lowered a bit so fans believing Bale in the present team will have much of an impact is something I would doubt .As I said Bale might do something with a bit of quality around him but don't think with our squad that is going to happen at best for a couple of years .It looks like a slow rebuild hope I am wrong on that one .

No clearer mate.....

I suppose there are different ways of looking at it, but to me, it's absolutely ludicrous to look at this Spurs team and conclude that it wouldn't be improved by even a past it Gareth Bale.

People thought he was half hearted last season, well look at his output then and compare it to a half hearted Harry Kane this season, who doesn't have the excuse of persistant muscle injuries, rustiness due to inactivity and being in and out of the side to hide behind.

A 33 year old Bale might not bring the promise of a glorious era to come, but fuck me it would be nice to have some excitement to look forward to, instead of relying on the likes of Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty as our creative forces.
Excitement? I think we have way too much of that type of excitement already. Can you imagine Bale Playing in front of Royal, who is playing just in front of Sanchez. What a combination for defence.

Bale scored 16 goals + 4 assists in 1665 minutes across all competitions for us last season.

In the 20/21 PL (last) season, Bale scored 11 goals - 0 PK+ 2 assists in 920 mins: 1.27 G+A-PK/90

For comparison:
Kane: 23 goals - 4 PK + 14 assists in 3082 mins: 0.96 G+A-PK/90
Son: 17 goals - 1 PK + 10 assists in 3114 mins: 0.75 G+A-PK/90
M. Salah: 22 goals - 6 PK + 5 assists in 3078 mins: 0.61 G+A-PK/90
D. Jota: 9 goals - 0 PK + 0 assists in 1112 mins: 0.73 G+A-PK/90

I'd rather we go and get Raphinha and have our right winger/#10 sorted for a few seasons, but I'd imagine Leeds would want a ton of £££ and the player would need to be motivated to push for a move.

We really don't need Bale to play +3000 mins next season, and picking him up on a free transfer for season or 2 could enable us to focus on the other glaring issues of our squad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom