Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters

Count Me In High School Musical GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+

Probably bollocks as why would we want another defensive midfielder but dont buy players off the back of good international tournaments. It never gives you the full picture. For every Ardiles there are a lot of Zokoras and Dumitrescus.

He was being scouted as a solution way before the tournament, we nearly signed him in Jan?

Never hurts to add decent midfielders.
On the other hand it doesn't exactly help to stockpile an unnecessary amount of players with near identical skillsets whilst suffering glaring inadequacies in other positions...

If Amrabat was some generational talent then it would make sense to bring him in, I personally don't think that's the case, and wouldn't see the sense in adding him to the ranks alongside Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Bissouma and Skipp.

Besides, it's almost certainly just lazy journalism. We were linked last January and I'm pretty sure it was a club decision to not complete the deal, he's now had a couple of decent performances on a big stage so the papers are putting 2 and 2 together to fill some column inches.

If we sign another workmanlike cm whilst in dire need of some creativity and a competent RWB that Conte is willing to play, I will be bloody furious, and may even consider a strongly worded letter to the club!

I was joking about this in the WC thread, he's a good player, but he's probably not good enough to be worth moving for now that we have Biss and Benta. Tends to miscue a lot of his adventurous passes, heavy touches when carrying the ball, decent defensively but kinda slow to turn and gets cought out a bit. Your standard "would be great for Everton" signing.

I was joking about this in the WC thread, he's a good player, but he's probably not good enough to be worth moving for now that we have Biss and Benta. Tends to miscue a lot of his adventurous passes, heavy touches when carrying the ball, decent defensively but kinda slow to turn and gets cought out a bit. Your standard "would be great for Everton" signing.

He is the sort of player a mid table team would buy and every time we play them he would destroy us

Back
Top Bottom