Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
It's literally page after page of this shit too.......

Amrabat & PEH - Champo cloggers > Cunt Levy
Kulu & Bantancur - Rejects > Cunt Levy
Ndomble & Lo Celso - Must have > Pay da ting!!!!

Wrong after wrong after wrong and still the arm-chair scouts puff their chest out every damn time.

Uhhhhh, are they now wrong about Amrabat? He's had a good world cup. About a million shit players have had good world cups.

He doesnt seem to be having a very good club season, nor the season before ... but a few good games in a tournament and we're meant to believe he's a gem? Nahhhhhhhhhh....

but a few good games in a tournament and we're meant to believe he's a gem? Nahhhhhhhhhh....
Prioritizing a couple of high-profile cup games over several season’s worth of league performances is how you get Tanguy N’Dombele on a five year contract @200k per week.
James Rodríguez, a higher profile player prior to the tournament, ended up going to Madrid for the 4th highest fee in history on the back of a standout tournament. He made about 80 appearances for them in 6 years before ending up at Everton on a free.

Uhhhhh, are they now wrong about Amrabat? He's had a good world cup. About a million shit players have had good world cups.

He doesnt seem to be having a very good club season, nor the season before ... but a few good games in a tournament and we're meant to believe he's a gem? Nahhhhhhhhhh....

Not seen him play, but suddenly he's hot property and plenty have done a U-turn over him.

If you're not jumping the gun; more power to you, but even more power to you if you didn't jump the gun and write him off to begin with........

Not seen him play, but suddenly he's hot property and plenty have done a U-turn over him.

If you're not jumping the gun; more power to you, but even more power to you if you didn't jump the gun and write him off to begin with........

You might be overstating it a bit there. Tenner says he ends up at an Everton as a panic button 'he had a good world cup' signing, whilst Fiorentina rub their hands with glee.

Enner Valencia style.

Prioritizing a couple of high-profile cup games over several season’s worth of league performances is how you get Tanguy N’Dombele on a five year contract @200k per week.
James Rodríguez, a higher profile player prior to the tournament, ended up going to Madrid for the 4th highest fee in history on the back of a standout tournament. He made about 80 appearances for them in 6 years before ending up at Everton on a free.

If any peeps have watched that much of Amrabat then fair fucks....... I don't think that includes the very many of the pages and pages of nay-sayers at the front end of this thread though.

thats what having vini and neymar in the team do to you, them two alone have more skill then anyone in our team

we need some flair players up there
Conte doesn't seem to want to go for them - prefers hard working players.

ATM we have Kulusevski with Kane dropping back to a no 8/10 position.

Our CM combination of Bentancur/Hojgjerg do get a number of assists, although not high on a conventional creativity rating, and good wing backs would help (which Destiny Udogie added to Ivan Perisic would help next season, RWB still uncertain if Conte will allow Spence a chance)

So come January our best chance is probably an alternate to Kulusevski - someone we don't have now.

Not sure I would say that we need "flair" players.
We need creative players with good tecnique and footballing brain. So - yes, basically more Kulu's

term "flair" somehow brings to mind some speed-demons who can do fuck all with the ball in the end (likes of Traore).
While we actually do need ability to move ball better, specially passing and getting it through midfield. PEH and Benta (but also Bissouma and Skipp) are more of conservative passers.

And regarding that - I think something HAS TO change in that respect - either we have to get more output from our fullbacks (only Perisic has supported our attack this season really) OR there has to be more on-the-ball ability from central areas - let it be more creative passer to CM or playing Kulu / Kane as no10 as 3rd CM player behind 2 attacking players. But pre-WC period proved that without either we struggle to create and control enough.

Just listened to a morrocan based journalist say he has always upped his games for them (as did his brother) looking class for country but not for club.

We need creative players with good tecnique and footballing brain. So - yes, basically more Kulu's

term "flair" somehow brings to mind some speed-demons who can do fuck all with the ball in the end (likes of Traore).
While we actually do need ability to move ball better, specially passing and getting it through midfield. PEH and Benta (but also Bissouma and Skipp) are more of conservative passers.

And regarding that - I think something HAS TO change in that respect - either we have to get more output from our fullbacks (only Perisic has supported our attack this season really) OR there has to be more on-the-ball ability from central areas - let it be more creative passer to CM or playing Kulu / Kane as no10 as 3rd CM player behind 2 attacking players. But pre-WC period proved that without either we struggle to create and control enough.

Broadly agree, but I think the team is evolving. January is not usually a busy month but another two players in would be welcome - with more arriving in the summer (plus of course Destiny Udoggie will arrive as LWB) to help resolve some of the issues.

Worth pointing out Spurs 31 goals scored this season is 3rd highest in PL, so whilst as fans we are acutely aware of our teams issues, in reality probably only ManCity's zillions spent and 40 goals scored has made them significantly better than us.

ffs Traore is not and never, ever will be a flair player...... Hoddle was a flair player.....

Traore is and always will be, a shit player

Haven't watched any games, but from what I've understood from social media, this guy is this WC's Sissoko.

1) We don't need players in his position, we got Bentancur instead of him last january who is one of the most crucial players on our side.
2) Just like Sissoko in 2016, he's having a great tournament (appearently) probably because this is his best chance of getting a big money move. Credit to him if he pulls it off, but hopefully not to us.

Broadly agree, but I think the team is evolving. January is not usually a busy month but another two players in would be welcome - with more arriving in the summer (plus of course Destiny Udoggie will arrive as LWB) to help resolve some of the issues.

Worth pointing out Spurs 31 goals scored this season is 3rd highest in PL, so whilst as fans we are acutely aware of our teams issues, in reality probably only ManCity's zillions spent and 40 goals scored has made them significantly better than us.

I get what you are saying.
But issue is - even though we can be 3rd in "goals scored" we are 4th in table and if ManU wins game at hand, we are equal with them.
And there was a period after Everton game, where we failed to score a single goal from open play in like 400 minutes or smth like that. In process we lost to ManU, Newcastle and drew with Sporting.

We managed to trash Leicester (6) and scored 4 against Leeds + Soton, but with reminder of 12 games we have scored 17 games. Hardly impressive feature.

In my view we should aim for better and higher. Kane personal brilliance has also carried us a lot, but we cannot hope for that to carry on forever. I believe our build-up and passing game have to improve, if we even want to think about winning a trophy...

That's not at all how I precieve "flair" players at all. The exact reverse flair players for me are the anti pace merchants. Kulu being a great example. Speed helps Vinicius but his ball retention and timing of pace are what elevate him. The Georgian lad that went to Napoli ditto. We have not been impressive in retaining the football and one touch movement a few mire naturally talented players is a must for me.

You're confusing "flair" with "fast".

Flair revolves around what you can actually do with the ball.... Skill..... A little big of magic.

Wild West Reaction GIF by GritTV

The only reason I bumped this is because of the overreaction that happened when we were linked, nobody on this forum had seen him play yet acted like we were about to fold as a club because we might of been interested in a loan deal for the guy

I didn't know much about him at the time but after abit of research it turned out that he wasn't the most evil human ever and we weren't doomed to eternal relegation

Looks like he’s off to Liverpool. We don’t need him anyway because we have the best CM in the league and his name is Bentancur.

The only reason I bumped this is because of the overreaction that happened when we were linked, nobody on this forum had seen him play yet acted like we were about to fold as a club because we might of been interested in a loan deal for the guy

I didn't know much about him at the time but after abit of research it turned out that he wasn't the most evil human ever and we weren't doomed to eternal relegation

What? TFC were wrong about a potential transfer target? Can't be true

Back
Top Bottom