Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
I find it fucking bizarre why the melts are melting.

If reports are to be believed we've pretty much agreed to sign Kessie from AC Milan, who is Conte's number one choice. The problem is we can't get him until the summer. This is fucking normal for contracted players (especially for soon-to-be out-of-contract players) that are of the calibre to get in the Jan window.

1. Good established players are already playing for good Clubs, that might be in a Title challenge as AC Milan are.
2. Milan might have decided to bite the bullet (leaves on a free) and think their chances at winning the title are better if he stays rather than selling now and getting the money they wouldn't get in the summer.
3. These players (Kessie) would have a concern about Tottenham, that we aren't in CL this season, or last season and may not make it next season. It's possible the final element he's waiting for before he commits is if we finish in CL (Milan will almost certainly finish in CL spot this season and have already offered him a new contract).
4. If he's staying at Milan (If I were playing I would 100% stay at Milan, even as a Spurs fan because I could get a winners medal and pick up an extra £1m in win bonuses + he gets a massive signing on fee as his contract expires in June) which makes perfect sense.

Because Conte has requested a player for this position as a priority we look to have secured this player (his number one choice, Kessie) for him and are looking to provide a solution for him NOW until the end of the season to cover the position (Ndombele's a player that barely got mins under Conte anyway) until the summer then this is what backing your manager looks like. He gets his number one choice in summer (assuming we get 4th) and he gets cover for a players position that he didn't play anyway.

If reports are to be believed we've pretty much agreed to sign Kessie from AC Milan, who is Conte's number one choice. The problem is we can't get him until the summer. This is fucking normal for contracted players (especially for soon-to-be out-of-contract players) that are of the calibre to get in the Jan window.

1. Good established players are already playing for good Clubs, that might be in a Title challenge as AC Milan are.
2. Milan might have decided to bite the bullet (leaves on a free) and think their chances at winning the title are better if he stays rather than selling now and getting the money they wouldn't get in the summer.
3. These players (Kessie) would have a concern about Tottenham, that we aren't in CL this season, or last season and may not make it next season. It's possible the final element he's waiting for before he commits is if we finish in CL (Milan will almost certainly finish in CL spot this season and have already offered him a new contract).
4. If he's staying at Milan (If I were playing I would 100% stay at Milan, even as a Spurs fan because I could get a winners medal and pick up an extra £1m in win bonuses + he gets a massive signing on fee as his contract expires in June) which makes perfect sense.

Because Conte has requested a player for this position as a priority we look to have secured this player (his number one choice, Kessie) for him and are looking to provide a solution for him NOW until the end of the season to cover the position (Ndombele's a player that barely got mins under Conte anyway) until the summer then this is what backing your manager looks like. He gets his number one choice in summer (assuming we get 4th) and he gets cover for a players position that he didn't play anyway.
You took all that time to write that and then shot yourself in the foot with the final sentence.

We won't get 4th signing Fiorentina squad players like Amrabat to warm our bench.

As a Fiorentina fan I tell you: he's a good player.
His problem in Florence was that he's not well suited to play in a 3-men midfield.
If Conte is using a 3-4-3, hence a 2-men midfield, he'll thrive. He's a good box-to-box.

I'm going to call him Adobe.

I do love the way when we get linked with some total no-mark there is always the same pattern amongst the fan-base.

1. Who the fuck is this guy?
2. Levy again lowballing, settling for some shit players instead of proven quality.
3. He's the managers's choice. Back the manager
4. Actually his stats are good, he's got 74.24% dribble retention and 81.3% forward-thinking pass completion this season.
5. All our best signings are cheap he could turn out to be another Moussa, Toby, Jan, Bale etc

Rinse and repeat.

You took all that time to write that and then shot yourself in the foot with the final sentence.

We won't get 4th signing Fiorentina squad players like Amrabat to warm our bench.
We are currently the best-placed team to get 4th though 2nd best form in the league. Do you not have any confidence in our World Class coach's ability?

So who the fuck are you going to sign right here, right now?

I don’t know anything about this player and neither does anyone on here. That doesn’t mean they can’t help us.

We’d all heard of Ndombele and he turned out shite, meanwhile nobody had heard of Dele and he turned out well. There are no guarantees.

We were never going to sign an elite midfielder in January as we have £100m worth of midfielders on the exit list, so hopefully this guy can be better than Ndombele and Lo Celso for the next 5 months and then we can do the real work in the summer.

got to be an upgrade on winks at the very least
He’s more cover for Winks than an upgrade.

A proper 6, he used to play some CB at Brugge.

Impressed at Hellas Verona in 19/20, got the move to Fiorentina and it hasn’t really come off for him.

He’s Hojbjerg in the rosiest possible scenario.

He’s the kind of player MLS clubs are always monitoring to see if they’re willing to leave Europe.

He’s more cover for Winks than an upgrade.

A proper 6, he used to play some CB at Brugge.

Impressed at Hellas Verona in 19/20, got the move to Fiorentina and it hasn’t really come off for him.

He’s Hojbjerg in the rosiest possible scenario.

He’s the kind of player MLS clubs are always monitoring to see if they’re willing to leave Europe.
I'll put the champagne on ice.

That is a whole lot of assumptions about what Conte's preferences are with zero reason to think that is the case at all.

Where are you getting that on Kessie Guido. If the reports I'm reading are accurate. We have NOT secured Conte's number one target. This bald bloke me well be it..
.hence the melting

As a Fiorentina fan I tell you: he's a good player.
His problem in Florence was that he's not well suited to play in a 3-men midfield.
If Conte is using a 3-4-3, hence a 2-men midfield, he'll thrive. He's a good box-to-box.

Conte is constantly moving to a 3-5-2 with us and has played that more than any other formation over his career.

If this guy is suited for a 3-4-3 that is not a good sign for us.

It is pretty tough to think that this guy is who Conte wants in the MF over players like McKennie, Brozovic, Guimaeresm Neves etc.

I don’t know anything about this player and neither does anyone on here. That doesn’t mean they can’t help us.

We’d all heard of Ndombele and he turned out shite, meanwhile nobody had heard of Dele and he turned out well. There are no guarantees.

We were never going to sign an elite midfielder in January as we have £100m worth of midfielders on the exit list, so hopefully this guy can be better than Ndombele and Lo Celso for the next 5 months and then we can do the real work in the summer.
It's possible he turns out to be absolute mustard. I could buy a winning lottery ticket.

But realistically its just another cheap option in a long line of cheap options.

Surely we should be aiming higher than a player who has hardly any minutes at Fiorentina?

I see all the Italian football experts are out in force poo pooing someone they have not seen play regularly.

This isn't 1975, the internet exists, there are tons of reports and information about players out there that is easy for anyone to access.

Do you honestly think that there isn't enough information about this player for people to get a sense of what he is about?

I don;t think you need to have spent years watching Serie A to see that a 25 year old player with one good season at Hellas Verona, one ok season at Fiorentina and then a poor half season- due to injuries and or fit in the formation- is not the level of player that is likely to fix our needs.

Is there any thought that any of the top 3 teams- Chelsea, Liverpool or City would consider this guy? That is the level we need to be going for and I am not sure you need to have hours and hours of game film on this guy to see he is not likely at that level.

Where are you getting that on Kessie Guido. If the reports I'm reading are accurate. We have NOT secured Conte's number one target. This bald bloke me well be it..
.hence the melting
It has been reported that we have agreed on a fee with Milan, that's what I'm passing that off. It hasn't been reported that we've signed him to a pre-contract or not.

There are loads of plates spinning at once that determine whether this does get done or not, these plates aren't just the 3 parties involved (us, Player, Milan) but also Ndombele agreeing a move to PSG (if this deal fails to go though then like a stack of cards all the other will be off).

I've detailed why Kessie wouldn't leave Milan now and would wait for the summer. And I think that's totally realistic and understandable from the player.

Who knows he could come now, the Club might want money for him now instead of nothing in the summer. OR, they have weighed up the balance and could bite the bullet and think him in the team improves their chances of winning the league this year so don't want him to leave until the summer.

For Kessie, it's a win/win if he stays until the summer. As he might win the title and pick up a winners medal + a massive win bonus. He's already been offered a new Contract by Milan, so if the Spurs don't get CL football then he has a choice to stay or gamble on PL and Conte.

So, it's clear that the pieces of the jigsaw have been put in place:
1. Ndombele goes to PSG
2. Kessie fee as been agreed with Milan
3. Amrabat is cover for Kessie if he agrees to come in the summer and sings a pre-contract
4. Amrabat is cover for Kessie if he doesn't sign a pre-contract and waits to see if we finish 4th or not (if we don't finish 4th I might be fucked???)
5. Amrabat is cover for Ndombele (who barely played) ergo he's cover for Ndombele, Winks, Skipp & PEH. It's unlikely he will play ahead of Winks, PEH & Skipp as he's COVER.

Back
Top Bottom