Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
Thanks for the information.

This is a little concerning in my view. Especially since the one positive I saw with him was a twitter post saying he could be a Brozovic-type but that seems to be the opposite of what you are saying.

If he is limited and more of a defensive player, that is exactly what we don't need.
Yeah he really thinks that and he likes to play as a playmaker but the truth is he isn't one. He is too slow in decision making to be one.

Batty-boi can't be cover for Kessie if Kessie doesn't want to come to Spurs despite agreements with Milan was my point. So see the idea folk should not 'melt' because 'Don' Paratici is plate spinning is pretty empty they bloody well should be distraught at the idea that the one player willing to come is certainly not an upgrade on any of our dysfunctional midfield. If this is the level we can attract we should just bid for a known quantity in James Ward-Prowse.
I'm quite clear who's he might be cover for (just my opinion based on the links).

1. He's cover for Ndombele who never played anyway.
2. He's cover for Winks/PEH/Skipp
3. He might play instead of one of those but that's me taking notes off some people whose opinions I trust, apparently, he's a great long ball player from deep midfield - good on the ball, not so good of it.
4. He's cover for Kessie if we are successful to signing him up to a pre-contract
4. He's cover for Kessie if we have to wait until the summer to sign him (assume at this point Kessie is free to survey multiple options).
5. And everything I've read about the links says that it's a LOAN which screams "Cover"

James Ward-Prowse isn't a defensive midfielder (the others are so we can assume that perhaps this is what we are after???)

Last edited:
That twitter thread does not make me want him at all and seems to confirm that he is basically what we have already and doesn't add any of the elements that we need in the MF.

That twitter thread does not make me want him at all and seems to confirm that he is basically what we have already and doesn't add any of the elements that we need in the MF.
It really is amazing how much he's like Winks, not just in his playing style but even in the way he moves and carries himself.

Which for whatever it's worth makes me think more of him than I did just from reading his resume.

Good thread on him for those interested:

Actually lolling. Twitter xG hipsters. Exactly as I predicted in the transfer thread. A player none of us had heard of (step forward everyone who protests they’ve been watching Florence ‘B’s’ for years)…

FFS why do we settle for such mediocrity. No wonder our trophy cabinet is emptier than a banker’s heart…

Might be 81 but Pharoah Saunders can still blow up a storm.

More life in him than Amrabat at any rate

pharoah_5050.jpg

Sanders..... SANDERS!!!!!!!!! :parker:

Lolling. Twitter xG hipsters. Exactly as I predicted in the transfer thread. A player none of us had heard of (step forward everyone who protests they’ve been watching Florence ‘B’s’ for years)…

FFS why do we settle for such mediocrity. No wonder our trophy cabinet is emptier than a banker’s heart…
You seem surprised… :levylol:

I think it's becoming pretty obvious that the lad is a six month loan that will probably play a handful of times. There's no requirement to buy.

I don't really see any point in getting worked up. He'll be back in Italy before the end of July.

Back
Top Bottom