Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This post has jumped to the Top of the page which makes me think people have been deleting there old posts about Son being past it, Just fucking own it its fine and don't worry Admin Admin always keeps receipts!:sonpoint:
Who has time to delete posts?

I can barely string a coherent post together and then I've forgotten what I've posted within the hour.

I keep my notifications on so if someone likes a post I can look back and remind myself what I said!

Life's too short people.

I don't think he starts at LW much if ever again for us- seems very comfortable in the ST role and is performing very well. 70'/20' Son/Richy with odd start for Richy seems like EXCELLENT ST depth to me

Who has time to delete posts?

I can barely string a coherent post together and then I've forgotten what I've posted within the hour.

I keep my notifications on so if someone likes a post I can look back and remind myself what I said!

Life's too short people.
We all know who the haterswere lol. Doesn't matter if they delete or not. I have in engraved in my memory of those trolls

Micky van de Ven has shared his thoughts on what type of captain Son Heung-min is for Tottenham Hotspur.

A position held by Hugo Lloris for many, many years, that role was handed to Son Heung-min by Ange Postecoglou’s this summer.

And now, Micky van de Ven, who joined Spurs this summer, has stated that Son Heung-min ‘hypes up everyone before the game’, as he told Tottenham’s YouTube channel.

Micky van de Ven as Tottenham captain​

“It’s important that the captain is not only a real captain on the pitch, but also off the pitch,” said van de Ven.

“On the pitch, straight, clear, cheers everyone up before the game and hypes everyone up before the game.”

I love that he's such a proactive captain. A proper boy scout, but in no way is that an insult. He knows he's the captain and the most senior player and so he goes out there to actively welcome his new teammates, encourage others, and just putting his wholesome energy out there more proactively.

Wasn’t that a long pass in the air? I don’t think those types of passes count as big chances because controlling them is so difficult
Maybe, but it was quite similar to one he converted later in the game. Or is this more a case of for example, he scored 4 goals, 3 were from big chances, 1 missed, and 1 from a non-big chance?

I despise attributing racism where it doesn't exist, but pretty sure his ethnicity has counted against him in terms of world recognition.

Racism is pushing it imo, even if I get where you're coming from. I think, it's more to do with the focus on the WC and Euros. Whatever else you think of Salah, it's a fact that he, much like Son, will struggle to get the full recognition, he may or may not deserve, because of inside which borders a woman pushed him out.

Just look at the clamour for Messi to perform, and win, with Argentina to be in true consideration as the goat. Even within Europe, Bale will forever have an asterix of "yeah but..."; someone like Michael Laudrup would imo be pushing top 10 if not 5 all-time, had he played in 1992; Baggio was out of this world and will forever mostly be remembered for one penalty miss.

We spend 10-11 months a year obsessing over the biggest leagues and CL, and yet every four years based on made up lines between land is what somehow counts. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom